And You Said They Didn't Care!

90 Blood Elf Warlock
An amazing tribute. I am proud to have been here as WoW has developed, watching and playing via friends up to Burning Crusade before getting a start on my own. That was a great video, and really brought back a lot of awesome memories.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
My nostalgia meter just exploded all over my shirt...
Reply Quote
96 Orc Warrior

Beware very large dragons!

Love this!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Was this video to make up for the fact you guys kept the cata letter and didn't change but sent it to players?
Reply Quote
86 Troll Death Knight
11/20/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Tâssadar
Was this video to make up for the fact you guys kept the cata letter and didn't change but sent it to players?

They said it was a bug already and this video has nothing to do with that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Recycled gift, recycled letter and a video full of recycled footage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I liked the video most between 0:52 and 1:25. 0.o
Reply Quote
86 Troll Death Knight
11/20/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Herethebeef

The letter was a bug. Get that through your thick skull.

And the video was made to show everything we've done over the years. How else would they have gone about doing that? Made new footage for old stuff?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

The letter was a bug. Get that through your thick skull.

And the video was made to show everything we've done over the years. How else would they have gone about doing that? Made new footage for old stuff?

Sorry, not buying that story. That aside from the fact that I haven't actually seen blizzard say that. Actually, seen quite the opposite. I've seen this
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/245531-8th-anniversary-get-out-there-and-defend/

"Unintended wording" and "a bug" are quite different.

And what could they have done? I dunno a full cinematic would have been something. What else could they have done? Given us a pet, some unique item? If they were so eager to give us something this year to show us their appreciation, why not something worthwhile and unique. The internet equivalent of a clip show is just a real clip show. Lazy and kinda lame.
Edited by Herethebeef on 11/20/2012 6:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
they need to stop using windows movie maker for their videos :\
Reply Quote
86 Troll Death Knight
11/20/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Herethebeef
And what could they have done? I dunno a full cinematic would have been something. What else could they have done? Given us a pet, some unique item? If they were so eager to give us something this year to show us their appreciation, why not something worthwhile and unique. The internet equivalent of a clip show is just a real clip show. Lazy and kinda lame.

A full cinematic as in one that you see at the beginning of an expansion? Do you have any idea how much work goes into those?
And what, NEW trailers for OLD stuff? I'd rather see a big compilation of all the trailers over 8 years. It was pretty awesome if you ask me.

And this is the blue post comfirming it was a bug
That was indeed a bug, and it does not appear that it can be hotfixed.

Suffice it to say that we're not happy about that, but we are happy that you guys have all joined us for the 8th Anniversary of World of Warcraft. If you haven't already, please check out the video we created to commemorate the event:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7178648344?page=21
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I hope they use the same letter and the same rep firework thing, and the same video next year i think i'll literally die of laughter, no kiddn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]