Merging Servers

90 Orc Hunter
Does blizzard merge servers or offer free Xfers to dead servers anymore because BWL is like playing a single player game. For some reason i have a strange affinity for this server and don't want to Xfer any more toons. I think its really criminal that Blizzard is basically making you pay for Xfers when the population is as low as it is on BWL. Most of the time during peak hours there is only 5-10 people in Org, and there is plenty of times that I put mats on AH like MoP enchanting mats or Leather and im the only one listed. Very sad indeed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 05:07 AMPosted by Redneckrambo
Most of the time during peak hours there is only 5-10 people in Org,

That's funny. My /who list has been "capped" at 49 lately. People just aren't afking in Org anymore, they are out playing.

For some reason i have a strange affinity for this server and don't want to Xfer any more toons

Blaming Blizzard because you don't want to take care of your problem. Sounds like a typical WoWer.
Edited by Aedronys on 11/17/2012 11:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
You just need to find the right group of people to play with to make it all worth it. This is why I haven't transferred yet.

Just not that Aedronys nerd, screw that guy.

;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
3:45 in Org on Saturday /who 10-90 Yields 20 Players.

I don't know what kind of /who you are using. Org is a good indicator of how many people are out playing. Other low pop realms I tested around the same time had full /who lists in Org and lively trade chat and full group of people at the AH. Every site that measures wow pop's has BWL in the lowest 5-10% of population. So yeah the server isn't dying it is dead. I don't know what blizz considers Prime Time but 20 people at this time is a Ghost town I guess I should Quit complaining but that's just the typical WoWer in me.
Edited by Redneckrambo on 11/17/2012 4:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
11/17/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Lawlershocks
You just need to find the right group of people to play with to make it all worth it. This is why I haven't transferred yet.

ok
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Redneckrambo
I don't know what kind of /who you are using. Org is a good indicator of how many people are out playing.

/who 90 is a MUCH better indicator of people "out playing" and not sitting around in a city.

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/1406/bwl90s.jpg

1:54 pm and 6:24pm BOTH reveal the max of /who allows at 49.

Yes, BWL is very low pop but saying 5-10 people online during peak is wrong.

What I'm getting at is if you want a large amount of players afking/crafting/AHing during peak hours then reroll of transfer. Stop complaining.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Lawlershocks
Just not that Aedronys nerd, screw that guy.

I agree.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
For the record, I love Aedronys.

Carry on.
Reply Quote
For the record, I love Aedronys.

Carry on.

Liar. No one can love a belf like Aedy.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 05:16 PMPosted by Jhesentis
No one can love a belf like Aedy.

I am a nelf tyvm.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
She was talking about me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Lol A /who 90 is a horrible indicator of anything, even the LOWEST of population server at off time will be at the max of 49 . It searches every zone in the game. I wonder if you are just opposed to getting the server back to reasonable levels because your loud mouth will be drowned out with all the new players? Aww Aedronys don't worry I don't think that is even possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I never said it didn't search every zone.

Most of the time during peak hours there is only 5-10 people in Org

And I pointed out that in just today, between about 5 hours, /who was "maxed" with 90s. As in people are out in other zones playing the game and not sitting inside Org. Can you not understand the difference?

I'm not opposed to free transfers to BWL, but I am trying to make it clear that the problem isn't as bad as you make it out with the "5-10 people in Org" comment.

None of these posts matter though. Blizzard knows how active the servers are and only opens free transfers to clear up log in queues. Hence the realms up this month are KJ and KT. They don't do it to "fix" dead servers. One can deduce that because BWL hasn't had free transfers because Blizzard's numbers do not indicate that population is a problem.

Is it hard to find mats? Sure, but nothing is stopping you from farming yourself.
Is it hard to find a pug? Sure, but there is nothing stopping you from joining a guild or using the LFR function.

If YOU are not having fun on BWL then YOU need to fix it. Reroll, transfer, find a way to have fun, or quit. There is no need to complain and try to get Blizzard to do anything.

P.S. Learn to play a hunter.
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/193/wowscrnshot111712220200.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
\

And I pointed out that in just today, between about 5 hours, /who was "maxed" with 90s. As in people are out in other zones playing the game and not sitting inside Org. Can you not understand the difference?

I'm not opposed to free transfers to BWL, but I am trying to make it clear that the problem isn't as bad as you make it out with the "5-10 people in Org" comment.

None of these posts matter though. Blizzard knows how active the servers are and only opens free transfers to clear up log in queues. Hence the realms up this month are KJ and KT. They don't do it to "fix" dead servers. One can deduce that because BWL hasn't had free transfers because Blizzard's numbers do not indicate that population is a problem.

Is it hard to find mats? Sure, but nothing is stopping you from farming yourself.
Is it hard to find a pug? Sure, but there is nothing stopping you from joining a guild or using the LFR function.

If YOU are not having fun on BWL then YOU need to fix it. Reroll, transfer, find a way to have fun, or quit. There is no need to complain and try to get Blizzard to do anything.

P.S. Learn to play a hunter.
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/193/wowscrnshot111712220200.jpg

First of i didn't say i wasn't having fun, I enjoy playing on BWL I just feel like its community is dying. In fact when you killed me earlier and yesterday was most fun I've had in a long time on the server until I found out it was you:P ! And as far as YOU deducing that BWL hasn't had free transfers because Blizzard's numbers do not indicate that population is a problem, well in my opinion that sounds like tripe from a Blizz employee. I'm not the type to sit around and be complacent and pretend that everything is fine, trusting Blizzard to know whats best for the communities of each of the hundreds of servers. Oh yeah and the SS well lemme see... A. I don't own a piece of PvP gear on this toon, B. Not really fond of PvP
C. Don't have anything near a PvP pet or Talent or Glyph D. Now I don't know if this is a coincidence but you seemed to show up right after i happen to pull 6-7 mobs, and there
is E. I am not the most skilled PvPer out there and you are I guess pretty decent. I mean weren't you part of the Legendary 2v2 Best Double Ret pally team in the world with arramis!?
I might be misremembering tho. So if it inflates your ego and makes you feel better about yourself to post SS with my corpse and insult my skill have at I am glad to assisted in this.
Edited by Redneckrambo on 11/17/2012 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Redneckrambo
First of i didn't say i wasn't having fun, I enjoy playing on BWL I just feel like its community is dying

The community has been pretty much the same since late WotLK. People/guilds have left but it wasn't a mecca of players then.

I'm not the type to sit around and be complacent and pretend that everything is fine, trusting Blizzard to know whats best for the communities of each of the hundreds of servers

No, you're the one to use terrible "logic" to show how low pop it is and ask for Blizzard to fix it.

Saying how many people are in Org is a good way to measure realm pop is like basing city pop on how many people are at Wal-mart at a certain hour.

Blizzard isn't forcing you to play on a low pop server, nor is it keeping you from changing it. Why do you think they offer 50 characters per account? It's to give you plenty of options on what class/spec/server/etc. There is nothing in the TOS that states all realms need or should have an "acceptable" population. The only part that they worry about is the customer not being able to log into their game.

Complaining about server pop, when there are several different ways around it, make you look petulant.

Now I don't know if this is a coincidence but you seemed to show up right after i happen to pull 6-7 mobs, and there

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/16/redneckmob.jpg
One mob and there was a mage that left you to die.

So if it inflates your ego and makes you feel better about yourself to post SS with my corpse and insult my skill have at I am glad to assisted in this

I'm not insulting your skill because you died, I'm doing it because how you died. Back peddling while doing like 15% damage (regardless of bubble) is pitiful. I've seen bots put up a better fight.

First of i didn't say i wasn't having fun

when you killed me earlier and yesterday was most fun I've had in a long time on the server

WUT?
Edited by Aedronys on 11/17/2012 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
when you killed me earlier and yesterday was most fun I've had in a long time on the server

WUT?

You know I wouldn't expect a borderline sociopath to understand this either, and I am by no means calling you a sociopath, in any way shape or form. Because that's just not you! But really I mean how could someone possibly not gather their self-worth by how many people they can take down in WOW. I mean for them a concept would be foreign. I mean how could someone EVER receive enjoyment from something that didn't involve the act of insulting, and PWNing every noob in their path. God forbid they get some excitement from being beaten, from actually doing some world PvP for the first time in a long time and yeah losing. Unless that person actually had the capacity to profit from experience, particularly losing. I mean WUT?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I used juxtaposition to show how and why I inferred that you haven't been having fun on BWL even though

i didn't say i wasn't having fun

If one world pvp encounter that lasted less than 2 mins was the

most fun I've had in a long time on the server

then you must not really

enjoy playing on BWL
Edited by Aedronys on 11/17/2012 11:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
No, you're the one to use terrible "logic" to show how low pop it is and ask for Blizzard to fix it.

Saying how many people are in Org is a good way to measure realm pop is like basing city pop on how many people are at Wal-mart at a certain hour.

I'm not a statistic major or anything and I won't touch on the Org thing cause your idea of determining realm pop by /who all is fantastic I mean really other than the fact that it caps at 49 and there are really NEVER less people on a server, but lets forget about that.
The Walmart thing tho hmmm.... lets see some facts about walmart.

1 Each week nearly one-third of the U.S. population visits Walmart's U.S. stores.
2. In the United States alone, Walmart employs 1.4 million people. making it the largest civilian employer
3. At 4,423 stores Walmart is By far the largest retailer in the world.
4. With $316,083,000 in 2011 sales Walmart made 5 times of the closest rival.
5. The most frequent destination typed into GPS device is Walmart wow pretty popular place to be!
6. 100 million customers shop at Walmart every single week.
7. 96 percent of all Americans now live 20 miles of a Walmart.

Wow you are right your logic is infallible it's nonsense to think that u could possibly use walmart as an indicator of a cities pop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I didn't say /who all. I stated that /who 90 shows you a better example or a realms pop for a given hour. If you wanted a more accurate picture, you should do /who of each class. If you wanted a very accurate idea, you would /who each class several times a day for a long period of time.

11/18/2012 12:20 AMPosted by Redneckrambo
some facts about walmart.

This is just getting way to silly. I guess I should have known better to bring up the Wally world with a Redneckrambo.

it's nonsense to think that u could possibly use walmart as an indicator of a cities pop

Yes. How many people inside a store at a certain hour of the day is a poor way to decide the population of a given area. That is why censuses have been used for thousands of years.

Why do you not understand this?

Most of the time during peak hours there is only 5-10 people in Org

Most of the time during peak hours people are out doing dalies, battle grounds, dungeons, raids, looking for rares, farming, etc. In other words, they are PLAYING! They are not sitting around in Org. Which is why /who 90 shows more people than /who Org.

Did you even consider that the role of "main cities" like Org/SW has changed since MoP? Outside of non engineers using the AH, there isn't much point to visit/stay inside a faction capital anymore.

there are really NEVER less people on a server

Actually, there are many times on this server, especially Alliance side, where the total number of players 1-90 will be way less than 49.

I'm not a statistic major

Your first post made that quite clear.
Edited by Aedronys on 11/18/2012 1:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Look at my portrait

My beard is a windmill your argument is invalid.

But really

Yes. How many people inside a store at a certain hour of the day is a poor way to decide the population of a given area. That is why censuses have been used for thousands of years.

Why do you not understand this?

No I guess not I wouldn't go as far as to say It's poor but its close to all we have other than the sites that "Try" to measure which I said after the original post that BWL is in bottom 5-10%. Yeah 5-10 people is not being true but i was mostly referring to the people i viewed.
And as for a census well um Ya would be great but Blizz isn't Uncle Sam and they doesn't exactly release that info.

Posted by Redneckrambo
some facts about walmart.

This is just getting way to silly. I guess I should have known better to bring up the Wally world with a Redneckrambo.

Haha yeah i figured that would come up, Don't let the name fool you I have no love for Walmart.

I don't see how my post looks like I'm being petulant. Guess it is a matter of perspective. You appear to like the server the way it is. I guess someone who does might feel that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]