An explanation for Tyrande in Mists

While I've seen people angered over Tyrande's role in Mists 5.1 I've never seen anyone try to explain how her mindset. As such I got to thinking and have an idea on why Tyrande wants to rush in during the "A little patience scenario"

Simply put Tyrande is pissed that the Horde was able to sneak into Darnassus and steal the Divine Bell. Think about if you were hiding something in your home base so the enemy couldn't get it and they still got it, wouldn't you be pissed off as well? I know I would.
Reply Quote
As a 10000+ year old racial leader with thousands of years of leadership experience, one would think she'd be able to channel that anger efficiently.

No-one is angry that she's angry. That is what we WANT.

But we want her to act on that anger without being mindless about it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
As a 10000+ year old racial leader with thousands of years of leadership experience, one would think she'd be able to channel that anger efficiently.

No-one is angry that she's angry. That is what we WANT.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
11/17/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Jaelara

But that would require Blizz to understand nuance.

Heck, if anything, a smoother way to do the scenario would've been for her to be concerned that Varian might be too aggressive with the thing, but when he demonstrates control she goes "oh he's got this" and hands off Nelf forces in Pandaria to him so she can go back to Ashenvale.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 01:12 PMPosted by Skytotem

I don't even understand it.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Jaelara

A leader who's known for acting brashly even when she isn't pissed off.

The idea that she acts even more brashly when she's enraged? Preposterous.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Also don't forget that she is currently on a continent where your every negative emotion is amplified until it manifests as an Old God's shadow.

Even we were possessed by the sha until Xuen cleansed them from us, nobody is immune. Not even a 10,000+ y/o priestess.
Edited by Fayt on 11/17/2012 1:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 01:19 PMPosted by Aureus

Like with what? Illidan? He help saved the world, and weakened the Scourge enough to cause a split in their army.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Also don't forget that she is currently on a continent where your every negative emotion is amplified until it manifests as an Old God's shadow.

Even we were possessed by the sha until Xuen cleansed them from us, nobody is immune. Not even a 10,000+ y/o priestess.

It's not that we were possessed. It's the fact we had some energy in us having a certain anger but not like say Garrosh or anything else.
Reply Quote
She needs her own scenario. No Varian. It's pretty clear that if Varian is in the scenario, he gets all the limelight. Tyrande isn't the only one suffering from this, btw. (Jaina is getting this too it looks like.)

I wish they could write these things up so that he doesn't suck all the oxygen out of the air, but there it is.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Noitora
Like with what? Illidan? He help saved the world, and weakened the Scourge enough to cause a split in their army

She also brashly released him without knowing what he'd actually do, after killing many of her own people guarding him without even telling them what she intended for him.
Her decision was good, but how she went about it was the same petulant way she goes about the scenario. It just worked out then and it doesn't work out now.
11/17/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Lorthuron
It's not that we were possessed. It's the fact we had some energy in us having a certain anger but not like say Garrosh or anything else.

Fair enough, well I'm thinking that Tyrande is getting some sha energy within her that will lead her to act even more irresponsibly until full possession takes place and she herself will have her grand realization and be made sharper because of it.
That's my theory anyway.
Reply Quote
Tyrande has the experience of one war (albeit a big one, I'll give you that), and 10,000 years of practice during peacetime.

A max of what, ten years against against Orcish forces? If she even participated in any of the battles of Ashenvale before Wolfheart?

Compared to over fourty by the Stormwind humans?

Tyrande has more 'experience' when it comes to fighting, but Varian has VASTLY more experience when it comes to orcs. And it shows; she got shot down pretty quick in the one Ashenvale battle she participated in.
Edited by Drimka on 11/17/2012 1:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Varian is pretty much a pro at Orcs because sheesh an Orc killed his dad razed his city to the ground and fought Orcs on many occasions. He knows how they roll. I like Tyrande and think she's awesome but this war is full scale so you never know what the Orcs will throw at her. Even if someone could see it coming, it's better to not endanger herself...JUST yet.
Edited by Lorthuron on 11/17/2012 1:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

The idea that she acts even more brashly when she's enraged? Preposterous.

Examples...? Because "Charge in without thinking" doesn't really equate to "Set Illidan Free so he helps fight legion" or "Sacrifice self to stop masses of scourge"
Reply Quote
I certainly disagree with her decision to release Illidan at any cost (To the point of thinking Maiev has every right to hate her), but was that BRASH?

A decision is not automatically brash because you don't believe it was correct.

It also seems to me that saying she had "10000 years of peace" is a bit presumptous. We know that there was at least one war (Shifting Sands) during that time, and possibly more.
Edited by Jaelara on 11/17/2012 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I certainly disagree with her decision to release Illidan at any cost (To the point of thinking Maiev has every right to hate her), but was that BRASH?

It also seems to me that saying she had "10000 years of peace" is a bit presumptous. We know that there was at least one war (Shifting Sands) during that time, and possibly more.

She was probably referring more to wars that directly threatened the Nelf civilian populace or their homeland forests. Or it could just be a case of Blizz forgetting again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue

Heck, if anything, a smoother way to do the scenario would've been for her to be concerned that Varian might be too aggressive with the thing, but when he demonstrates control she goes "oh he's got this" and hands off Nelf forces in Pandaria to him so she can go back to Ashenvale.

In agreement with this.

Unless you're Varian and Anduin, right? :)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Kyalin

Blizzard made Wrynn & son into the great paragons of the Alliance, so probably not.

brash /braSH/
Adjective:
Self-assertive in a rude, noisy, or overbearing way.
She had an idea and then did it, because only the Goddess may forbid her anything. Screw what Mal thought, screw what Maeiv thought, and screw the wardens for doing their job.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/17/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Fayt

Blizzard made Wrynn & son into the great paragons of the Alliance, so probably not.

brash /braSH/
Adjective:
Self-assertive in a rude, noisy, or overbearing way.
She had an idea and then did it, because only the Goddess may forbid her anything. Screw what Mal thought, screw what Maeiv thought, and screw the wardens for doing their job.

The wardens job was to stand down when she said to.

They attacked her.

Again, just because other people don't agree with her actions hardly makes it brash. She obviously had support, or she wouldn't have had troops.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Considering Anduin is a priest it's not surprising. Varian maybe have a point, however..Varian knows of it to(In 5.1). Even then it may be early to say they won't ever be affected Since Anduin...has a bone to pick with Garrosh.

(If you can see through that comment you're awesome)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]