LFR Elegion vs Ook's Hozen Slicer

90 Human Warrior
So I picked up LFR Elegion today, and am currently using the Hozen Slicer. I was wondering if the stats gained from Elegion make up for the lost 1% expertise from the Human racial?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It seems the Elegion's expertise is roughly 0.78% expertise, which is slightly less than Ook's Hozen Slicer. You also lose the mastery from Ook's Hozen Slicer (but can reforge either hit for 121 mastery (or other stat) or expertise (which would defeat your question, kind of?) for 107 mastery (or other stat)).

You'll gain more out of the DPS increase, strength bonus, slightly more survivability with more stamina, and gain a pretty good increase in hit, while not losing much expertise, and losing all of your Slicer's mastery. Which, since you now have hit on your sword, you can reforge something else away from hit (or not to hit, and to something else).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It seems the Elegion's expertise is roughly 0.78% expertise, which is slightly less than Ook's Hozen Slicer. You also lose the mastery from Ook's Hozen Slicer (but can reforge either hit for 121 mastery (or other stat) or expertise (which would defeat your question, kind of?) for 107 mastery (or other stat)).

You'll gain more out of the DPS increase, strength bonus, slightly more survivability with more stamina, and gain a pretty good increase in hit, while not losing much expertise, and losing all of your Slicer's mastery. Which, since you now have hit on your sword, you can reforge something else away from hit (or not to hit, and to something else).

Hm, I guess I can just try it out and see how things go. I really like how Elegion looks as well, would have been rather sad to have it wasted.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a viable tank weapon until you get the one off of Ambershaper or Sha of Fear. Or the heroic version.

I could be wrong, but it's basically, from best to worst:

H. Kilrak, Jaws of Terror > H. Scimitar of Seven Stars > H. Elegion, the Fanged Crescent > Kilrak, Jaws of Terror > Scimitar of Seven Stars > Elegion, the Fanged Crescent > LFR Kilrak, Jaws of Terror > LFR Scimitar of Seven Stars > LFR Elegion, the Fanged Crescent > Inelava, Spirit of Inebriation > H. Ook's Hozen Slicer > Ook's Hozen Slicer.

Wow, that was longer than I thought... should've just popped in item #'s. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Yes.
Edited by Elantor on 11/18/2012 7:07 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]