Request-a-Sketch 2 (Still not dead yet, bruh)

88 Human Warrior
I really like your work and admire that commitment, Baenhoof. :)

My art skill is in a bookmark midway through the first chapter of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and hasn't moved in years. '._.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
11/18/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Kimchi
Kurze, confirmed for dark side Gaston.

Wait... there is a light side to Gaston?

http://tinyurl.com/gastonmad
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Name: Lord Maxen Montclair
Race: Human
Visual Age: 50's
Hairstyle: Short and parted. Almost a military cut.
Physical Build: Average build, physically fit.
Usual Demeanour: Conservative, assertive.
Garb: Plate and mail armor, bearing a Stormwind tabard.
Scars/Markings: A black eye patch over his right eye. A scar running down his left cheek, disappearing into a well-kept beard. Can use in-game character portrait for the rest.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/19/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Lito
My art skill is in a bookmark midway through the first chapter of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and hasn't moved in years. '._.

For line drawing, you can take two exercises out of this book and forget reading the rest.

1. Turn a photograph upside down. Copy it.

2. Set objects of different sizes and shapes on the table in front of you. Draw their silhouettes in a continuous line without sketching volumes or any interior line.

These two things will train your eye to follow what it sees rather than the cognitive shortcuts it wants to take. Once you get to the point where you can draw what you see, it's a matter of doing just that for practice. A lot. Admittedly this is where my advancement breaks down...

Baen: you're like the most generousest sketcher and deserve something back, can I draw your tauren sometime.
Edited by Satterly on 11/19/2012 8:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior

I will give that a try, maybe when I'm home later.

also baenhoof: you're ... beautiful. i have to draw you.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Baenhoof
How long did it take you to get to where you are now with your art? I tried for about a year or so, but just wasn't making any progress so I decided to drop it.

Lemme get out the toes, hold on...

15 years, give or take? I started to take it seriously in a 'I want to be a good artist' kind of way when I was 8.

You definitely will hit those really terrible, frustrating as hell skill plateaus, frequently, and they suck. The only way to get past them is just strength of will and pure tenacity, though. Just gotta keep truckin' :P

oh god. that's alot of years.

maybe I should take it back up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Sorely tempted to color some of your sketches for fun... Sooooo so tempted.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Urmlin

Lemme get out the toes, hold on...

15 years, give or take? I started to take it seriously in a 'I want to be a good artist' kind of way when I was 8.

You definitely will hit those really terrible, frustrating as hell skill plateaus, frequently, and they suck. The only way to get past them is just strength of will and pure tenacity, though. Just gotta keep truckin' :P

oh god. that's alot of years.

maybe I should take it back up.

I'd suggest taking a class if you want to learn quickly. The people who boast "15 years" for example have usually been self-taught from childhood, or are older. I'm one of those people and I'm nowhere near as advanced as Baenhoof is, for example, it's really about the individual. If I'd had access to drawing classes as a kid, I'd probably be much more advanced than I am.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've been drawing for about 11 years... I'm fairly well on drawing:
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/309/c/c/father_figures_wip_by_crystallized_shadow-d5k1eyt.jpg

But... I'm nowhere near Baen's level of talent.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Gonna stream a doodle. Come if you're bored/not asleep. :U

Auramis, you and anyone else is completely welcome to colour whatever you like of my sketches. Just show me when you're done, k? :D

livestream.com/karnokoto

Will be up in like 3 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Woof

SYSTAR.
http://i.imgur.com/NhK7H.png

No clothes because I wanted to practice muscles and I am apparently on a draenei kick.
K bed gnight thanks you for watching !! /dead
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
EXCITE
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Joffrey does not read OP or third post on first page

Spankings
Reply Quote
Joffrey does not read OP or third post on first page

Spankings

Sowwy. Got excited. Deleted. :x
Reply Quote
88 Human Warrior
Yow, Systar! Prrrrrrr~
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Always look forward to seeing these :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I've been looking through the old thread for my next victim and holy crap there are so many worgen and humans in there. 8| Where did you all come from?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]