Unintelligent LFR Queue System

100 Tauren Shaman
I don't recall having this issue before, but when queuing for an LFR group, I'm given the option to join groups that don't coincide with my current bosses killed.

For example, I have killed the 1st and 3rd bosses for Nightmare of Shek'zeer (2nd half of HoR). With this information, I should only see a queue pop up for the second boss, or 1/6 Bosses Defeated. Instead, I'm getting 0/6 and 2/6 over and over and over. This causes two problems. First, I have to drop queue and requeue in the hopes of getting 1/6. Second, if this is happening to people all over, the players actually needed to fill the spots in LFR are taking much longer because the queue is popping for people that don't need the specific fights they are being called for.

I'm just curious if this is a bug, something that hasn't been an issue before, or just something that's "working as intended." If this issue is affecting many people like myself, it seems that LFR would be suffering as a whole from people constantly popping in and out of queue and not getting into the correct LFR groups they still need to kill bosses for.
Edited by Styks on 11/18/2012 8:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
As I understand it, the only bias in the system is that if you join a 1/3 or 2/3 and then down a boss later in the instance, it will heavily favor putting you in a fresh run the next time you queue.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I understand this, but if I've already killed the 1st and 3rd bosses, I should have to keep dropping queue over and over again because all I'm getting is 2/3 Bosses Down, which would have me go in for the final boss that I've already killed. I spend 20 minutes last night queuing over and over and getting 2/3 every time. I eventually logged off and no telling how many other LFR raids have failed to even form because so many people gave up trying to get into the one they need. It just seems like there should be a very simple check for this when queuing.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/18/2012 08:40 PMPosted by Styks
I'm just curious if this is a bug, something that hasn't been an issue before, or just something that's "working as intended."

This would fall under "Working as intended". There is no system (that I am aware of) that separates out players into LFR's that fit specifically to what they need/want.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
11/19/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Scrinshee
I'm just curious if this is a bug, something that hasn't been an issue before, or just something that's "working as intended."

This would fall under "Working as intended". There is no system (that I am aware of) that separates out players into LFR's that fit specifically to what they need/want.

Like I said before, if this is the case, there are probably lots of people not successfully getting into LFR because they are getting queues popping up that are for bosses they don't need.

I'm just curious what the numbers look like on Blizzard's end as to how many people leave queue after it pops as compared to the history of the system. My bet is that this past week or so has been higher than ever.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Styks
Like I said before, if this is the case, there are probably lots of people not successfully getting into LFR because they are getting queues popping up that are for bosses they don't need.

I think most people would have taken the 0/6 and just run through the first boss to get to the second one. Waiting around for one that suits you the best is up to you, but it's going to just increase your wait time.

If you really think the system should change, feel free to make a post on either the Dungeons and Raid Forum, or over on General to let the Devs know you think there should be a "smart" system in place. Or, you can use the new(ish) in-game Suggestion Feature.

I don't really see it changing, since it would just increase wait times, but you never know.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
aus
11/19/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Styks

Only if they are dumb enough to drop mid run.

If you join a run in progress you have a very high chance of a fresh run. Their is no intelligence in the queue system., It follows that sole rule, but otherwise assigns you to the first group that can use your spec/class. Sorry its not designed to make life easier for people that drop group on a run in progress. I have no idea if that is deliberate but it would not surprise me if it was.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Why on earth would you not take the 0/6 and just kill the first boss again? Do you really expect the queue to match everyone up with exactly the boss that they need to complete their lockout? Use your brain, it probably needs the exercise at this point.

But sure, if you feel so inclined do keep trying to waste two hours to save 20 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
Why on earth would you not take the 0/6 and just kill the first boss again? Do you really expect the queue to match everyone up with exactly the boss that they need to complete their lockout? Use your brain, it probably needs the exercise at this point.

But sure, if you feel so inclined do keep trying to waste two hours to save 20 minutes.

Believe it or not, some people only have about 30 minutes sometimes and want to be able to kill one boss AND for it to count towards something. I'm pretty sure that's one of the key demographics of being a casual player. Could I just queue in for the first boss three times during the week... sure I can. Is it smart to do so... not very. When responding to other people's points of view, please keep in mind that it isn't just your own play style that is mirrored upon everyone else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Believe it or not, some people only have about 30 minutes sometimes and want to be able to kill one boss AND for it to count towards something. I'm pretty sure that's one of the key demographics of being a casual player. Could I just queue in for the first boss three times during the week... sure I can. Is it smart to do so... not very. When responding to other people's points of view, please keep in mind that it isn't just your own play style that is mirrored upon everyone else.

How is it any smarter of you to keep fishing in the queue?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]