Fix Shadow vs. melee

90 Pandaren Priest
This is severely needed. As it stands, we have no choice but to play with a Mage.

The game is 100% unplayable at high rating without a Mage; no other class can make up for the fact that melee completely destroy us and there's nothing we can do about it.

Likewise, Mage needs to be nerfed so that any buffs given to our melee survivability won't completely break Mage comps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
wait... is it still Wrath and I've somehow gone back into the past?

Woaw... I should use t his opportunity to tell myself to stay away from that sandwich that gave me food poisoning that one time.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
shadow priests are way better than mages, learn your stuff yo
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/19/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Brock

What are you smoking, some of that sweet sarcasm or a nice blend of ignorance?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Play RBGs rather than 2v2s.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/19/2012 08:44 AMPosted by Brock

agreed
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Shadow priests are like playing in easy mode. If you are having trouble with them then you need to really take another look at the way you play. I have been playing for almost 9 years and my shadow priest is by far the easiest class to solo.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I dunno, yesterday I was destroying both the Warriors & Rogues in 2v2. DK's offer a little more challenge but it's probably my play style and not the case of DK's being OP. The melee's that are whining about Priest being OP aren't used to priests being able to counter play.

For the longest time Priests were beating their heads against the wall trying to figure out how to counter the back to back stuns. Pali's and Hunters on the other hand do offer a bit more challenge but it's still an even match.

The thing about any class and PVP is if you haven't yet come to understand your abilities you'll go down pretty quick. The good news is though, if you stick with it long enough, you'll be hella good, which in turn also makes you amazing with PVE raid awareness and functionality.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Warriors are really the only melee that should give shadow any trouble. And warriors give EVERY class trouble, warriors are just in god mode right now. Dks are really no threat, the only defense they have is AMS, and we can simply kite with disperse/spectral guise/fade till that is gone then proceed to drop. Also disarm, ffs, any melee that comes at you disarm them. Then root them. Then fear them. By then if they're not dead, or at least dead enough to give you a distinct advantage, you need to reevaluate your shadow play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/20/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Sistamary
Shadow priests are like playing in easy mode. If you are having trouble with them then you need to really take another look at the way you play. I have been playing for almost 9 years and my shadow priest is by far the easiest class to solo.

Shadow priests (and pretty much all other hybrids) are amazing pre 90

Also judging a class based on experiences in random bgs is a bad idea most people in random bgs either A)Undergeared B)Don't Care C) are just plain bad.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/20/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Sistamary

I wouldn't say "easy mode". I don't know about you but I don't spoon feed myself with spell timers. It takes some time. Cataclysm & WoLK was different. We had a set rotation and we didn't give dots as much consideration as we do now, and a lot of times the dots end on different timers. It's not as easy as counting 4 flays and mashing buttons in the same pattern over and over.

I don't know if you saw any of my posts from early October. For the life of me I couldn't figure out why my dps was so low and I think a lot of Priests have the same frustrations. I still think my dps is low compared to my gear level, especially when I see Warriors and Hunters with less gear topping the charts in my same dps range or higher. In the end I'm seeing my way through the frustration. AOE is well below what it should be with it, but as far as single target, it's livable and competitive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/20/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Scolded
I wouldn't say "easy mode"

I agree. Shadow IS NOT easy to be good with. Maybe to someone whos been playing it for 9 years it seems easy to you at this point, but it is not easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Another Yenpanda thread?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I wouldn't say "easy mode"

I agree. Shadow IS NOT easy to be good with. Maybe to someone whos been playing it for 9 years it seems easy to you at this point, but it is not easy.

Shadow is one of the easiest classes, but the main issue is that there's a very, very little difference between a mediocre and great Shadow Priest.

11/20/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Därkdisciple
Warriors are really the only melee that should give shadow any trouble. And warriors give EVERY class trouble, warriors are just in god mode right now. Dks are really no threat, the only defense they have is AMS, and we can simply kite with disperse/spectral guise/fade till that is gone then proceed to drop. Also disarm, ffs, any melee that comes at you disarm them. Then root them. Then fear them. By then if they're not dead, or at least dead enough to give you a distinct advantage, you need to reevaluate your shadow play.

You think this because you're 1500. Your opinion is invalid because you don't participate in any remotely high level of PvP. Every decent melee can destroy Shadow Priests, period, the only exception being mediocre Retadins; good Retadins can kill us.

The problem with these forums are that none of you are actually good at PvP or play at a high level, so you base your opinions on playing against bad players. Because Shadow has such a low skill cap, a mediocre Shadow Priest will beat most mediocre players by default.

I play Enhance/Resto Shaman, Feral Druid, DK, Mage, and Warlock. Disregarding Resto Shaman, Shadow is by far the easiest of all of these classes/specs.
Edited by Yenpanda on 11/20/2012 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
This isn't cata anymore. We have plenty of tools to survive melee now
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
11/20/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Jessqt
This isn't cata anymore. We have plenty of tools to survive melee now

Stop kidding yourself.

Fade does nothing, Spectral Guise does nothing, Dispersion's cooldown is longer, Psychic Horror is more costly (and doesn't last as long), and the full duration fear break that so many players have is crippling.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
You think this because you're 1500. Your opinion is invalid because you don't participate in any remotely high level of PvP. Every decent melee can destroy Shadow Priests, period, the only exception being mediocre Retadins; good Retadins can kill us.

The problem with these forums are that none of you are actually good at PvP or play at a high level, so you base your opinions on playing against bad players.

I find this strangely illogical. You say we are all terrible (when we say we are successful) because we are at or below 1500 rating, and yet you're at 1800 claiming shadow is totally terrible class to play even though it looks as if you are having more success then we are?

I've read a lot of your posts and it's seems to me you complain about anything and everything that you fail at with Shadow Priest. Guess what, the game isn't designed for you to win 100% of the time, as much as you may wish it. You are going to lose to players who are better than you and Class combos that are superior to you. Blizzard themselves say 2s are not balanced. If you want make a post and argue to 2s being balanced I'm with you. But to come on these forums day after day saying Shadow is horrible, and everything under the sun needs to be buffed, because what you experience in 2s at 1800, is frankly tiresome to read, when rest of us know that there's more to this game than just 2s arena, where things are much more in balance.
Edited by Zaryi on 11/21/2012 2:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am assuming that this post is a troll since we've been the best in this game since like... ever...

Other then a warrior, I have not met a melee class that I can't kill easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

The problem with these forums are that none of you are actually good at PvP or play at a high level, so you base your opinions on playing against bad players.

I find this strangely illogical. You say we are all terrible (when we say we are successful) because we are at or below 1500 rating, and yet you're at 1800 claiming shadow is totally terrible class to play even though it looks as if you are having more success then we are?

I've read a lot of your posts and it's seems to me you complain about anything and everything that you fail at with Shadow Priest. Guess what, the game isn't designed for you to win 100% of the time, as much as you may wish it. You are going to lose to players who are better than you and Class combos that are superior to you. Blizzard themselves say 2s are not balanced. If you want make a post and argue to 2s being balanced I'm with you. But to come on these forums day after day saying Shadow is horrible, and everything under the sun needs to be buffed, because what you experience in 2s at 1800, is frankly tiresome to read, when rest of us know that there's more to this game than just 2s arena, where things are much more in balance.

I thought for sure there would have been more spark here, from more players. I valiantly held back the urge to reply because I didn't want to stoop to such a low level but seeing I am such a lowly gal I have decided to bite this bait. That said..

LOL
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]