PLEASE BRING SKIRMS BACK

I agree 100%, Skirmishes need to be put back in so we can test out random comps and become better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Someone reported your post bruh. Bring Skirms back!
Reply Quote
I didn't play wrath but sometimes I get so bored I just decide to randomly help someone conquest cap. I would love skirmishes.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
once youre capped why not just do more rated games? but I agree bring em back .
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Cavalettas
Someone reported your post bruh. Bring Skirms back!

Why would they report the thread? wtf? Like Harland said, this is a serious suggestion with no trolling involved. As many of the people here have shown, this is a portion of the game that plenty of players wish to have back. :/
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Mayanblood
once youre capped why not just do more rated games? but I agree bring em back .

Not everyone plays on the same schedule, When you work the morning shift and you're getting off sometime during the day and you're waiting on your buddy to get off night shift, Theres nothing to do pvp wise to pass the time by. (Bgs make me wanna kill myself)
Reply Quote
i completely agree.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
PLEAZ
Reply Quote
I want a blue post with a legitimate reason why skirmishes were removed from the game- and none of this "it wasn't popular" bullcrap. This was one of my favorite parts of the game and at a time like this when there's so little to do pvp-wise, i'm sure skirmishes would be greatly appreciated by many players.
Reply Quote
I agree 100%
Reply Quote
I definitely agree, bring skrims back!
I like the IDEA of the wargames system, IF you could get people to USE it.

I am a new PvPer, I need to be able to train. The best way to practice and learn to PvP for arenas (without the embarrassment of being instagibbed in rated matches) are Skrims, BG's just don't cut it for preparing for real arenas.
Reply Quote
I definitely agree, bring skrims back!
I like the IDEA of the wargames system, IF you could get people to USE it.

I am a new PvPer, I need to be able to train. The best way to practice and learn to PvP for arenas (without the embarrassment of being instagibbed in rated matches) are Skrims, BG's just don't cut it for preparing for real arenas.

Exactly. Skirmishes were such a good resource especially for new pvpers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Agreed, can never find teammates just to practice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
3 pages in less than a day (and only counting forum viewers). I'd say this was a pretty popular choice in the game.
Reply Quote
Agreed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Yuuup
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Since blizz said they removed skirmishes due to a lack of use, why not implement something to bring them back and make them more attractive to a wider audience? I know personally I loved skirmishes for what they were and I'm sure a lot of others did as well, but for blizz to feel like they're getting used perhaps create some reward for doing them?

To me it seems like winning a skirmish match is more challenging/exciting than winning the 2s cap for each week with some random person from trade or guild member, so imo allowing conq to be capped in skirmishes would be an easy way to attract more players. Similar to how random bgs work just on a smaller scale. Obviously arena matches usually require a lot more co-ordination to be successful than battlegrounds but shouldn't that mean if you win there should be some sort of reward for it? Like joining a random arena queue for 2s/3s or 5s, quickly going over strats with your partners in chat and then trying to co-ordinate a win with the brief prep time would be a really cool idea imo

Benefits:

-another way to cap points each week
-no need to go through the hassle of finding someone in trade or guild chat or even paying people to carry you for wins (I see this heaps in trade)
-play with a huge range of new people, greater sense of community and chance to meet potential team mates, play arena with people from other servers which is a downside to the current arena setup

downsides:

-makes too much sense
-?????

Actually thinking about it now, the first ever season I played arena seriously was at the end of wrath (S7/8). I decided to give arena a shot and started looking for 2s partners on my mage (main at the time) in trade and wasn't really getting much luck so was queuing skirms for practice. Ended up queuing up with a rogue from my server randomly, first game we instantly clicked and won easily. Queued up again, got the same guy and same thing happened so I decided to hit him up for some 2s to try it out. Ended up playing with him for 2 full seasons, getting 2k in 2s and 2.2k in 3s as well as becoming good mates with him as he was from the same city as me. Those 2 seasons were some of the most fun I've had in WoW and I can literally put it all down to skirms.

Cheesy story I know but it really is true so if blizz could seriously consider putting skirms back and possibly adding a few extra features to get more use out of them I know I and a huge amount of other players would really appreciate it. So often I see people complaining about how the community is dying in WoW and this would be a good improvement for active pvpers imo. Please look into it!

<3
Edited by Essèntial on 11/20/2012 3:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not buying this "We removed it because it wasn't being used".
By that logic...
->Let's remove old school raids?
->Let's remove War Games?
->Lets remove Wintergrasp?
->Let's remove Tol Barad?
->Let's remove old daily quests?
Heck, could arguably add pet battles to the above list.

But no, some of those features Blizzard are enhancing; Adding incentives to do that "unused content". What makes Skirmishes so different?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]