Hide shoulders option

(Locked)

90 Undead Death Knight
Transmog

/end topic

Show me a shoulder option for all armor types that appears small enough to be either unnoticeable or invisible...no seriously I'm actually looking for one...if it exists let me know

It would take some hunting and a lot of killing low level mobs, but there are some low level shoulders I have seen for Leather and Chain wearers that are not 20 times to big for the toon model. I am sure they exist for other armor types as well, but you are not going to find fancy glowing animated ones that are small. They have to make them big so you can see all the detail and animations. I agree and think they look stupid as well, but if they were tiny, you would miss much of the detail. Trust me, go kill some level 20-30 mobs for a while and you will eventually see some low level crappy shoulders drop that are tiny. You may have better drop rates in the low level dungeons.
90 Goblin Death Knight
I wouldn't mind hiding my arms
100 Night Elf Hunter
Kind of the point, hiding the shoulders is an odd train of thought to begin with. Not sure I can really be on board with it. At this point, I'd just ask to be able to hide all my armor.

But you can hide helmets and cloaks. I get hiding helmets so that people can have their faces/hair visible. I've never really understood cloaks though. Sure some cloaks are ugly, but not near as ugly as almost all shoulder pieces. So if you can hide those, you should be able to hide those atrocious shoulders.
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, to be fair Blizz open the door to this when they allowed us to hide our helmets...that makes less sense than hiding shoulders

*ka-pow!* I hit you in the head

Nuh-uh, I have a helmet on

Liar, I see no helmet

It's invisible.

Agreed, if a visible helm is not required for survival, neither are shoulders. It's not like hiding shoulders will make us nekkid. It will just make some of us happy.

Last I saw, they were worried about us being able to hide a piece they spent so much work on, hut transmog already allows us to disguise that piece they've worked on, and we can already hide the helms, which they work just as hard on for each tier.
100 Draenei Warrior
No. Hide belt/boot option. Those are the two ugliest/hardest to match item slots. And unessesary, as well. Most leg-slot items have a "belt" as part of their graphic and a "barefoot" draenei just has their leg graphic extend down to their hooves.
82 Goblin Shaman
I agree, the hide shoulder option in GW2 is awesome. For some armor, no shoulder can look stupid - but most of the time it looks fine (better!)

However, Blizzard armor designers would be sad after they worked so hard on those (RIDICULOUSLY HUGE UGLY SHOULDERS), so it will probably never happen.
90 Draenei Shaman
11/19/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Kaioon
No. Hide belt/boot option. Those are the two ugliest/hardest to match item slots. And unessesary, as well. Most leg-slot items have a "belt" as part of their graphic and a "barefoot" draenei just has their leg graphic extend down to their hooves.

You can already hide boots if you're a race that has hooves, paws, or gigantic feet(except female blood elves) you just need to get boots that only have the graphic for the foot.
91 Goblin Shaman
Transmog

/end topic

Show me a shoulder option for all armor types that appears small enough to be either unnoticeable or invisible...no seriously I'm actually looking for one...if it exists let me know

Well, here's cloth at least Laughing Skull Shoulderpads
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Paladin
NPCs can also layer armor pieces, wear whatever armor class they want to together, custom dye their outfits and use half a robe.

I get a little jealous when I see one walking around with a cute look, and I try to identify what it is they are wearing. I get all "Okay, a cute plate top with another mail chest over that... and a cloth hood.. and mail pants that don't exist in that color.. And why does that other one get to wear a shirt over his armor! And that other guy is wearing the bottom half of a cloth robe and a leather top!"

So not fair! /rant
82 Goblin Shaman
11/19/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Kaioon

hehe, you are right - for PvE, unless you are a resto shaman, holy paladin, holy priest, resto druid (sometimes, maybe not now with monk),Warrior Tank, DPS DK, Hunter, or Rogue - you are pretty much screwed out of having a matching set unless you transmog...

Would it kill them to put in a vendor that allows you to exchange boots/belt for a matching set rather than always having the same spec/classes get matching sets?
Edited by Twixaroo on 11/19/2012 2:36 PM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
11/19/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Adelaide

You can already hide boots if you're a race that has hooves, paws, or gigantic feet(except female blood elves) you just need to get boots that only have the graphic for the foot.
90 Undead Mage
I remember some blue saying something about shoulders being iconic, and it'd be wrong to let us hide them.

But they're iconic because everyone knows WoW has huge ridiculous shoulder armor. Maybe they should try giving us armor we DON'T want to hide.
90 Pandaren Monk
I remember some blue saying something about shoulders being iconic, and it'd be wrong to let us hide them.

But they're iconic because everyone knows WoW has huge ridiculous shoulder armor. Maybe they should try giving us armor we DON'T want to hide.

Agreed, but I'd argue the helms are also iconic, yet we can hide them.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
NPCs can also layer armor pieces, wear whatever armor class they want to together, custom dye their outfits and use half a robe.

I get a little jealous when I see one walking around with a cute look, and I try to identify what it is they are wearing. I get all "Okay, a cute plate top with another mail chest over that... and a cloth hood.. and mail pants that don't exist in that color.. And why does that other one get to wear a shirt over his armor! And that other guy is wearing the bottom half of a cloth robe and a leather top!"

So not fair! /rant

If I had $1000 for every piece of NPC only armor I've seen and wanted but couldn't possibly have because Blizzard's too busy recycling models to include them, I'd throw money at Blizzard until they made them available or be crushed to death under the weight of zillions of pennies.

Seriously, Blizzard, you don't HAVE to reuse the same graphic for every piece of a given armor type. You can diversify the drops to an even Burning Crusade standard! We won't mind! So what if the resulting set looks like glowing metallic fruit salad, that's what transmog is for!

...Bah.
90 Human Death Knight
Lets just hide everything! Lets make it look like we fight in our underwear!
Community Manager
11/19/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Ginx
Blizzard has stated in no uncertain terms that hiding shoulders isn't something they'd consider.

That's not entirely accurate. It's true that offering an option to hide shoulders is something we've been reluctant to do, because so much effort goes into the creation of shoulder art, and those items are some of the most visually distinctive and iconic items in World of Warcraft. It's not necessarily totally off of the table though. As we've said often in the past, we still plan to grow and evolve the Transmogrification feature over time.

Well, to be fair Blizz open the door to this when they allowed us to hide our helmets...that makes less sense than hiding shoulders

One could make that argument, but opting to show a character's face is a choice we've offered for quite a long time. It's sort of its own thing; especially considering that there is quite a lot of art and animation specifically for character heads and faces, and customization of those features is a significant part of making your character your own. Allowing faces to be displayed makes sense in that context. While armor doesn't necessarily look terrible without shoulders, I don't think that making exposed shoulders interesting has been high on the priorities when designing chest armor textures/models over time.
90 Tauren Death Knight
IMO it would annoy me to look at bare shoulders.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/19/2012 3:21 PM PST
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Daxxarri
we still plan to grow and evolve the Transmogrification feature over time.

I still wanna transmog my helmet please!
Edited by Killercaitie on 11/19/2012 3:21 PM PST
41 Pandaren Monk
As long as we can hide those ugly cloaks then I'll be happy!!

gogogo Incredibles!!!
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]