Hide shoulders option

(Locked)

You guys start making cooler "Alliancey" shoulders like Varians or the Grand Marshal ones and I'll be fine with showing em off. Sadly, a lot of them look pretty bad. Helms too, so I never show my helm.
93 Night Elf Hunter
I would personally rather the option of being able to paint our armor, for a price of course. Shoulders don't really bother me, especially the T14 hunter shoulders. :3
100 Pandaren Monk
11/19/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Faroth
I actually really love the way Rift handled gear, with the ability to buy multiple armor (umm forgot what its called) sets, and then you could put the armor in each tab, and just click the tab to have that appearance. Likewise, you could choose which piece did and did not display.. not just cloak or helm but every piece was optional (except weapons). I *really* loved that design.

So Rift allows players to show their character fighting monsters in nothing but their undies 100% of the time if the player so wishes?

IIRC, yes. However, you barely ever see people running around in nothing. Not sure the same thing could be said for some WoW players, but I've never understood getting offended at the state of dress of pixels.
92 Human Warlock
Transmog is such a great success. Actually, I presume it's one of the most successful features ever implemented. Everyone transmogs, everyone spend gold (and boy that isn't cheap), everyone runs old content for good looking gear.

You say you want to improve. Yet ever since implementation there's absolutely no word other than "we'd love to do it...".
92 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Xiaoli

So Rift allows players to show their character fighting monsters in nothing but their undies 100% of the time if the player so wishes?

IIRC, yes. However, you barely ever see people running around in nothing. Not sure the same thing could be said for some WoW players, but I've never understood getting offended at the state of dress of pixels.

Ever since Appearance Tab threads, started years before Transmog, naysayers always came with the argument:

"Everyone will be running like silly clowns, it will RUIN my gaming experience."

Now, I barely see people using transmog to dress clowny on purpose. And I play on high populated servers.

I think this is more than enough proof to Blizzard that players know how to dress and stuff.

Of course, I'm not asking for characters being able to run naked. This statement is on behalf of a broader option of customization. Hide shoulders come into this.
100 Pandaren Monk
Heh, I was one of the people who actually liked the "clown armor." It was so colorful. After that, everything in LK was grey and brown and black.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Some people don't want shoulders at all

/reopen topic

How would your chestpiece, tabard, and/or shirt stay on?

Glue.
90 Pandaren Monk

Ever since Appearance Tab threads, started years before Transmog, naysayers always came with the argument:

"Everyone will be running like silly clowns, it will RUIN my gaming experience."

Now, I barely see people using transmog to dress clowny on purpose. And I play on high populated servers.

I think this is more than enough proof to Blizzard that players know how to dress and stuff.

Of course, I'm not asking for characters being able to run naked. This statement is on behalf of a broader option of customization. Hide shoulders come into this.

Precisely.
100 Dwarf Priest
A lot of NPCs don't have shoulder armor in order to achieve a certain look. If they can do that with NPCs, players should do that too.
100 Gnome Mage
11/19/2012 03:48 PMPosted by Yandere
At this point, I think a hide belt option would be just as cool as hide shoulders for transmog purposes. There's usually cool robe art below that being covered up.

I can't say for sure, but you should look into the belts that match tier gear. I know there's a DK plate belt from the starter set that's actually invisible so the robe artwork can show through.

Yeah, DKs have an invisible one, and raid gear has a matching belt usually
92 Troll Shaman
Posted by Daxxarri
As we've said often in the past, we still plan to grow and evolve the Transmogrification feature over time.

You go to the grass and shuffle we need to fight more Blizzardmons to level you up so you can evolve fasta.
100 Night Elf Hunter
/want to hide overblown 1980s Dynasty shoulders, plx.

When I look for shoulder xmogs, it's never about finding the one I like the best, but... which of these is the least awful. Cloth shoulders are the worst, the least bad options are the tiny ones that hover unrealistically over the shoulder, or the xmog of choice for my nelf priest - Runecaster's Mantle which looks like leather :/

I get that the art team at Blizzard works hard to design nice shoulders

You know, nothing will remove the nagging thought I have that shoulders are some big joke of the design team - who can create the most overblown shoulders in a so-awful-they-are-good-much-laughter sense. A bit like the poo quests, I'm sure there is some unwritten Blizz tradition or secret contest on who can insert poo quests/references/graphics seamlessly into the game in as many zones as possible.
100 Draenei Shaman
D3 has dyes. It even has a transparent dye. Why not add those to WoW?
100 Goblin Shaman
11/19/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Shyala
Agreed, but I'd argue the helms are also iconic, yet we can hide them.

Have you seen some of the helms in the game? Honestly, I'm glad we have the hide helm option.
100 Goblin Shaman
"oh what a cool robe! I should use it for transmog"

*brick wall of finding shoulders that match, and look good*

"I'm dead now ;("
90 Draenei Priest
11/19/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Waggles
D3 has dyes. It even has a transparent dye. Why not add those to WoW?

The way clothing is coded in game, dyeing is literally impossible. They'd either have to add insane data bloat (with essentially different id and items of all possible item/colour variations) or retool the code from the bottom up.
90 Draenei Monk
I'd love a hide shoulders option.

Really, anything that gives more options allowing players control over the cosmetic appearance of their character is a big win in my book.
100 Human Monk
I am one of those people who hates over-the-top shoulder designs.

I mean, come on. I KNOW you guys just do it because the crappy model system put in place doesn't let you model actual chest/leg armor. Which is an even bigger artistic crime!

Some of us are minimalists. It seems this is not the game for us.
100 Human Paladin
I don't have a problem with the art of most sholder armor, I have a major issue with how thay (don't) fit.
Most of the sholders in the game hover over the arms, are to big for the models thay are put on, and placed at the wrong angles in some cases. Clipping is a major issue in some cases because of size, placement. (draenei male in plate is a good example)

Hideing sholder armor is one option, but I would prefer to be able to adjust the size of them to better fit.
90 Goblin Mage
Why does anyone honestly care if someone wants to hide their shoulders? What is it really doing to you? You cannot give me one good reason other than to troll, why you think someone shouldn't be able to hide any piece of gear they want.

I wish the damn forums would grow up and stop following this "I'm going to argue with everything anyone posts" mindset. It's so damn childish.

*edit*

Yeah bro, I am mad.
Edited by Hissler on 11/19/2012 9:31 PM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]