Feral Druid Macros

90 Troll Druid
In MoP us Feral's have TONS of abilities now. As a primarily pvp player I've been working to develop a set of Macro's that will help me in Arena and BGs. Here is a list of macros I have found to be the most useful for a kitty-form druid.

Healing touch with a modifier that keeps you in feral form. This one allows you to spam HT when predatory swiftness is up without the risk of accidentally shifting out of cat.

#showtooltip
/run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift",0) end
/use Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch with a modifier that keeps you in feral form. This is similar to the first but it adds Nature's Swiftness to the front.

#showtooltip
/console autounshift 0
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Super Kill Macro: This one is awesome because it combines Nature's Vigil, Incarnation: King of the Jungle, and Berserk into one button. So its a 3 push macro: the first push uses Lifeblood, Synapse Springs, and Nature's Vigil (you can throw in a pot or some other ability before the castsequence); the second push activates Incarnation: King of the Jungle; and the 3rd activates Berserk.

#showtooltip Nature's Vigil
/cast Lifeblood(Rank 9)
/use 10
/castsequence Nature's Vigil, Incarnation: King of the Jungle, Berserk

Please add other useful macros to this list, us druid's need to stick together!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Macro's are preferential, take your NS+HT macro, some druids like it, others find it wasteful.
every macro thread ive seen has just been ignored or followed my crticism, then goes off topic...and so on. theres also MANY variations to make a macro that does the same thing with just minor preferences.

ill just add these resources here if anyone is interested in macro ideas, theyve been my resource, aswell as just googling "druid macros"

http://www.macroexplain.com/
http://www.wowhead.com/forums&topic=128550/guide-how-to-make-macros
http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro

Not to bash on your attempt here. just letting you know what ive seen. : /
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
If you are taking the King of the Jungle talent, you should just macro it with your Berserk. They have the same cooldown and can be activated with a single keypress.

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Berserk
/cast Incarnation: King of the Jungle
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
If you are taking the King of the Jungle talent, you should just macro it with your Berserk. They have the same cooldown and can be activated with a single keypress.

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Berserk

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk

Fixed. Also sometimes you can find Incarnation won't activate with one press, this is due to TF and Berserk being off the GCD while Incarnation is not so you may want to wait until your current global ends before pressing. Note you can also add Nature's Vigil to that too.

I don't use many macro's (pretty sure these will be posted somewhere in the forums already) but here is what else I have:

#showtooltip
/cast [@targettarget,exists,nodead,help]Healing Touch; Healing Touch

Casts Healing Touch at your targets target if it's alive, otherwise it is cast on yourself.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast Shred

Will immediately start auto attacking even if you don't have the energy to Shred (Or whatever other spell), I use this for all my general spells.

#showtooltip
/cast [noswimming] !Travel Form
/cast [swimming] !Aquatic Form

Just a quality of life addon, casts Travel form on ground and aquatic in water.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So say I wanted to combine that macro that keeps you in catform while casting healing touch with say.... rip. ..could you just do?

#showtooltip
/cast Rip
/use Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

(this doesnt work, lil help?)
Edited by Turnandcough on 11/20/2012 9:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I use various macros that are pretty essential to my gameplay. I'm too lazy to read the ones already posted, so I might have a couple similar. Keep in mind that I use macros to fill the roll of the action bar switching between stances.

/cast [stance:1] lacerate; [stance:3, nostealth, nocombat] !Prowl; [stance:3, stealth] Ravage; [stance:3] Shred; !Cat Form
This is my most common spam attack. If I spam it from out of form, it will put in me in stealthed cat form in the first gcd and use ravage on the second. if in combat out of stealth, it uses shred.

/cast [stealth] prowl; [stance:1/3] Mangle; !Bear Form
/startattack [nostealth]

Basically the same thing but for bear

/castsequence reset=10 nature's swiftness, healing touch
Press once for nature's swiftness and then press cyclone/roots whatever like normal, or spam it to immediately use on healing touch.

/cast [stance:1] !Bear Form
/cast [stance:2] !Aquatic Form
/cast [stance:3] !Cat Form
/cast [stance:4][] !Travel Form

Essentially, press to remove movement impairing effects. Recasts the form you are in or puts you in travel form if in no form.

/cast [stance:1] Savage Defense; [target=mouseover, harm] Entangling Roots; [target=mouseover, help] healing touch; Healing Touch
Ignoring the Bear ability, this move casts healing touch on mouseover friendly targets or roots on mouseover enemy targets, otherwise uses healing touch without any mouseover.

/cast [swimming] Aquatic Form; [indoors] Cat Form; [combat] Travel Form; [flyable] Swift Flight Form; [nocombat, harm] Travel Form; Swift Stormsaber
/dismount [mounted]

Probably already posted - all purpose travel forms macro.
Edited by Neutronstar on 11/21/2012 4:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
So say I wanted to combine that macro that keeps you in catform while casting healing touch with say.... rip. ..could you just do?

#showtooltip
/cast Rip
/use Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

This would not be a useful macro. For dps purposes you very rarely want to use healing touch for the DoC buff right after a finisher. It is best to save for the chance to use on another finisher.

The only times you would not are if you are desperate for the heal, or there's no chance you'll get 3-4 cps in time and need to refresh rake.
Edited by Neutronstar on 11/21/2012 4:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Firstly, Im really excited that this thread has made it this far, its really nice seeing all of us ferals comming together and figuring out macro ideas together. GJ to the OP. :)

#showtooltip
/cast Rip
/use Healing Touch
/console autounshift 1

Whats going on here is a combination of 2 things:

1.When your unable to Rip, it cancels the macro enitrely
2.when you have successfuly ripped, HT is on Global CD. when you hit the macro again, its going to try to apply rip, wont be able to and the macro will cancel itself out agian.

Ive also had issues running "/run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift",0) end"

i typically just use:

/Console autounshift 0
"Insert cast/skill here"
/Console autounshift 1

This is very useful for say, Healing Touch. you'll be able to safely cast HT w/o fear of popping out of form and hardcasting HT.

Edit: So in Short Turnandcough, youll be able to combine skills...but you do have the GCD to take into consideration. also the fact that if something doesnt go through (without perameters) that it will stop at that point and ignore the rest of the macro.
Edited by Bigstink on 11/21/2012 5:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So Im new to this whole macro thing and was wondering if someone wouldn't mind taking some time to dumb it down a few notches for me so that I don't completely suck in dungeons and battlegrounds
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
These are great resources, Thanks.

Im having a great deal of trouble with trying to stealth from flight form.

I want one button for prowl which i can use while in any form but i also want it to go into catform>prowl when im in flight form.

This is what i have, but it just says "you cannot do that while shapeshifted"

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Swift Flight Form(Shapeshift);
/dismount [mounted];
/cast Prowl
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Sort of a necro on this thread, but the error you are having with the cancel of flight form could be due to the auto dismount in flight option not being checked (or unchecked) in your game options.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Sort of a necro on this thread, but the error you are having with the cancel of flight form could be due to the auto dismount in flight option not being checked (or unchecked) in your game options.

Not related.

You can cancel form and prowl, or you can get on the ground and cast prowl while still in bird form, but cannot cast prowl while flying. It seems to be intentional coding and is easily dealt with. The simple solution: Don't cast prowl while flying.
Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
That's no fun! I used to love flying as high as I could and then shifting to bear form. (Never tried prowl)
I would try to sail all the way across Un'Goro as a bear. :D

Edit: and go BASE jumping of Amberpine Ledge too. There was more than one occasion where someone followed the bear over the edge just in time to see me switch to flight form as they fell to their death. >:D
Edited by Zuìquán on 4/12/2013 9:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Here's my macro that will take me out of form and intercede to my friendly mouseover. I use it a decent amount:

/cancelaura Cat Form
/cancelaura Bear Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cancelaura Swift Flight Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cast [@mouseover, help] [ ] Wild Charge

Reply Quote
48 Pandaren Monk
Is there a reason you cancel travel form twice?
Reply Quote
Hehe you can ignore the highbourn soul mirror, but this allows you to spam stealth without the accident of breaking it from clicking it while in stealth. It will also pounce the target as well.
#showtooltip prowl
/use Highborne Soul Mirror
/dismount [mounted,noflying]
/stopmacro [mounted][flying]
/cast [nostance:3] !Cat Form; /cast [nostealth, nocombat] !Prowl; !Pounce

Pretty much lay on hands for pvp as it will pop hotw ns and ht as a mouseover while not forcing you outta shapeshift. It is pretty much spammable o !@#$ button.
#showtooltip
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
/use heart of the wild
/use nature's swiftness
/use [@mouseover,exists,help][]Healing Touch
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

A lot of my macros are focus macros or/and modifers which I think are more personal thing due to how people use their keybinds and such. Doubt it will be useful for anyone else.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Is there a reason you cancel travel form twice?

Or that he does all that instead of just /cancelform ?
Reply Quote
Here's my macro that will take me out of form and intercede to my friendly mouseover. I use it a decent amount:

/cancelaura Cat Form
/cancelaura Bear Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cancelaura Swift Flight Form
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cast [@mouseover, help] [ ] Wild Charge

Try the following
/cancelform [@mouseover, help, nostance:6]
/cast [@mouseover,help][] Wild Charge

It will cancel form if not in flight form, which uses Wild Charge just like caster form does, and cast Wild Charge.

One of the macros that I use frequently.

/castsequence [nomod] reset=30 Tiger's Fury, Berserk, Incarnation
/cast [mod:shift] Berserk
/cast [mod:alt] Incarnation
/cast [mod:ctrl] 14
Edited by Toreaux on 4/15/2013 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Just do /cast Flight From /cast prowl it should work or /cast cat form /cast prowl
Reply Quote
ill just add these resources here if anyone is interested in macro ideas, theyve been my resource, aswell as just googling "druid macros"

THANK you SO much! I really appreciate the resources. They've been a *major* help in sorting out the many abilities ferals have and with macros in general. As this is my first major attempt at a druid, I'm taking every aspect very seriously, and it's nice to know there's people who don't mind helping out newbies to the Druid class. Thanks again! Not bad, for a Night Elf xP (jk that was my attempt at *friendly* competition =) Thx Bigstink! Srsly helped :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]