Moonchicken trinket/synapse macros:

100 Tauren Druid
Roight.

Synapse springs. Blossom of Pure Snow.

Using one prompts a small cooldown on the other (apparently?) ... so you can't use them both at the same time. I'm running under the assumption here that both will be attached to Incarnation/Nature's Vigil and Celestial Alignment in some form or another... But since those are all 3 minute cooldowns, that leaves two uses of it unaccounted for every 3 minutes.

When/what ability is the best to macro them to to ensure the most 'efficient' use of them possible?

1. Starsurge
2. One or other dot.
3. Nuke
4. Make a macro just with the two 'on use' effects in it, and stop being lazy. Remember to use it when it is intelligent to do so.
5. Walrus.
6. Other.

Which one do you prefer if you were in this situation?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Well I would attach synapse to Inc/NV and Blossom to CA.

And if you are looking to be super min/max about it then make a macro for them with shift modifiers to use one or the other and use it intelligently.

Or because it likely won't affect your dps significantly, just throw them both in a macro for SnF and both in one for MF. They will be used pretty much on cd and always on your DoTs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I don't have Synapse Springs macro'd anywhere, it simply does not line up with anything--thus I click it every Lunar Eclipse I can.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/18/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Cyous
I don't have Synapse Springs macro'd anywhere, it simply does not line up with anything--thus I click it every Lunar Eclipse I can.

Macro it to Starfall! Then you don't have to click it. xP
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Daggy

I actually had that thought initially... But since starfall resets on a lunar eclipse, the timing just doesn't necessarily work out :/

Well I would attach synapse to Inc/NV and Blossom to CA.

And if you are looking to be super min/max about it then make a macro for them with shift modifiers to use one or the other and use it intelligently.

Or because it likely won't affect your dps significantly, just throw them both in a macro for SnF and both in one for MF. They will be used pretty much on cd and always on your DoTs.

Hrm. Alrighty.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I macro my Synapse Springs to Starfall and Starsurge, that way I know they are being used as often as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/18/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Daggy

That would get all screwy with my beloved 463 OnUse Trinket; it's actually the reason why I removed the Springs from my Starfall macro (and deleted said macro because of it).

A little bit more micro-management is all that bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I use to have it macroed into IS.. since that is no longer in game on my Snf. it would be up all the time.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I use to have it macroed into IS.. since that is no longer in game on my Snf. it would be up all the time.

Thoughts?

It would be a waste in most cases. It's better to buff Lunar than Solar.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/18/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Cyous
That would get all screwy with my beloved 463 OnUse Trinket; it's actually the reason why I removed the Springs from my Starfall macro (and deleted said macro because of it).

Ah. Silly on use trinkets.

11/18/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Teranin
I actually had that thought initially... But since starfall resets on a lunar eclipse, the timing just doesn't necessarily work out :/

He's only using it at Lunar anyway so...would work out perfectly! If it didn't mess with on use stuffs. Tsk tsk.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You can actually macro BOTH to starfall, and it *should* use the one that's on CD.

So like, if you had

/cast starfall
/use 10
/use 13

The first lunar it would use springs, the second lunar springs are presumably on CD so it'd use the trinket.

The only problem with this is the opening sequence AND making sure they're up the second (and third?) time you use CDs.

Generally, separate binds are better. But that's exactly why I despise on-use things.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Hrm :/

Alrighty. I'll let him know. Looking forward to when I finally get mine too... Blargh.

Thanks folks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]