What cartoons are people watching?

I'm actually re-watching The Slayers anime. Funny thing I noticed, in episode 17 of season 1, Lina, Gourry, and Amelia disguise themselves in order to hide from bounty hunters. The hairstyles they all wear make them look very much the the Powerpuff Girls.

At first I thought it might have been an early reference, but this episode came out in 1996 and the Powerpuff Girls aired in 1998.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy (occasionally), and MLP
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
11/21/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Gargadin

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is the one shining light on Cartoon Network. If anyone's looking for a good cartoon to watch, you can't go wrong with that show, which is now in its fifth season. In fact, I'd say it's one of the best things on TV at the moment, alongside American Horror Story and The Walking Dead.

george lucas has insulted me as a star wars fan with all these cartoons, he has sold out the series. the show is ok at best its just a money grab. <3 american horror story,sons of anarchy,dexter,trueblood

It's called the entertainment business, hence every movie/tvseries/song/book is a cash grab. You may not like the direction that Star Wars has taken, but you cannot deny Lucas' artistic integrity when he supervises the conception and production of each episode himself, and pays for the show out of his own pocket. It's just like with the prequels, except besides overseeing the production and paying out of pocket for those, he spent over ten years of his life devoted to nothing but Star Wars... all so people on the internet can slag him off all the time.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
Bob's Burgers! Highly underrated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/19/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Drakmor
I'm a big fan of Young Justice but I'm kind of wondering WTH is going on with it right now. Are they canning it, retooling it, or what

Its coming back in January....after giving us Darkest. Thats the last I heard.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I'm a fan of Young Justice, pissed that they aren't doing a third season after today's final episode of season 2. I also watch American Dad, Star Wars: The Clone Wars occasionally, and Phineas and Ferb. Otherwise i prefer movies :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I don't watch cartoons anymore, mainly because I think they're gone stupid. (Either that or I've matured too much.)

Now, I just sit in my room and miss the Old Cartoon Network, with Billy & Mandy, Edd Edd & Eddy, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Johnny Bravo, Power Puff Girls, Samurai Jack, and Evil Con Carne.
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
Young Justice. That's about it. But since it's cancelled I don't have much else to live for.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Teletoon retro on 24/7
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Archer. Occasionally Family Guy. Not much interests me on Cartoon Network anymore. It was great when it had Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Venture Brothers, etc. Now... most of the cartoons are just low-brow rehashed Ren & Stimpy-like cartoons that have very little creative innovation or wit.

Also, I have all 3 seasons of the Tick that are always entertaining... and downloaded loads of classic Looney Toons as well as Tiny Toons.
Edited by Deathtraxe on 3/18/2013 5:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Mostly old American Dad and Family Guy episodes on Netflix and Hulu.
Reply Quote
15 Night Elf Priest
I get depressed trying to watch old loony toons.

They censor the crap out of them these days. It's so bad that they cut out the punch line for half the Willy Coyote jokes.

some of best shows are the ones from the old days. love old tom and jerry, sad you cant watch em like it was before they censor em. since i dont watch tv anymore i am scared to see how much they censor loony toons.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've been watching Teenage Pokemon and Sonic for Hire on Machnima. Those are the only cartoons I've watched recently though.
Reply Quote
well a good show they stopped making was time squad, it was just a fun show to watch and the alternate history was just too funny
Reply Quote
I get depressed trying to watch old loony toons.

thats why I got the Box set of them uncensored so my kids can watch them as they are meant to be.
This reminds me of trying to find all the original Beavis and Butt-Head episodes, un-butchered to hell and back with Mike Judges stupid collections....

Although that's nothing in comparison to the classic Looney Tunes. I just never knew they actually censor them nowadays. I'll have to find the uncesored DVD's soon in that case.

I grew up watching them with the reruns during the 90's, in addition to the classic Scooby Doo Where Are You show. BEST show ever. Beats the crap out of Flintstones even, and THAT one was funny.

Currently it's either:
American Dad,
Family Guy (less and less anymore, the newer stuff is "meh" to "wow this show sucks now" for me),
Futurama (and OMG I wish they'd make more new soon!),
and Robot Chicken.

I also like Metalocalypse, but never know when it's on. Aqua Teen Hunger Force is good too, but never watch it a whole lot.

Used to watch South Park a lot. But the show started declining really badly after Chef was killed off. Anymore the jokes seem like they're really trying hard, and just aren't funny; just Cartman yelling the F-bomb left and right like that's the shows main focus.

For more current Cartoon Network stuff though, I have to admit Adventure Time and Regular Show keep my attention when ever they're on. Nothing like Invader Zim, or Rocko's Modern Life though. Ah what good times those shows were!
Edited by Kleeborp on 3/20/2013 1:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnZdiR7YbN4

also adventure time
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
Re-watching Swat Kats and 1990s Batman series.

*Edit: Also Extreme Ghostbusters.
Edited by Irøh on 3/23/2013 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I mostly watch anime/south park/SW:the clone wars...everything else has just went to !@#$
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
King of the Hill
MLP :D

^^^ This ^^^

And uhh Family Guy occasionally. I haven't watched The Simpsons in a few years. Sometimes I'll watch Archer. I REALLY wish that they would do another new season of Beavis and Butthead.

Other than that I stick to my 1990's cartoons that I grew up on...Johnny Bravo, Dexters Lab, Ed Edd and Eddy that kinda stuff.

I'll admit I have a guilty pleasure for Spongebob.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]