how long will blizz pretend locks r fine?

1 Undead Warrior
They're 3rd to last in arena rep, slightly above rogues/monks. Their problems arent exclusive to locks, but more of a sympton of the herp a derp cd stacking that MoP has become. i want aff back, demo playstyle isnt fun and its only tolerated because its the lesser of 3 back specs.

Destruction; 1 trick pony. Dark soul+trinket+cbolt is the entire offensive pressure/kill opportunity the class brings. Dont land a kill in that time? no problem wait another 2mins (assuming you survive) and pray that some of their cds are down and you're able to repeat the same sequence.

Demo; See above. swap cbolt with chaoswave and its the EXACT same situation. Dont kill with cd stacking? wait another 2 mins and repeat the sequence.

Aff; wow did you cripple this spec. No burst. AoE pressure is non-existant. Dots crit for 16k on 400k hp pools. im mean really? this is nothing more than a tickle. Drainsoul is a pathetic execute compared to things like killshot, wars execute, etc. it needs burst.

i want more sustained pressure and aff back, versus this derp style of pvp.
Edited by Dwadawdaw on 11/19/2012 10:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
If you increase anything on an Affy lock for PvP, it will cause them to be way over the top in PvE from a damage standpoint.

There needs to be a complete overhaul that separates PvP and PvE entirely. How that can happen, I have no idea.

Simply put, changing one will directly effect the other.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Low representation isn't an indication of anything in PvP. Rogues have low representation, but they're totally capable of being very powerful in PvP. Warriors are always a popular class, and the fact that they're so good in Arena has made everyone get on their Warriors.

A good amount of WoW players will jump on any class that is perceived as unbalanced. Then everyone jumps on that class, as if it was a gold rush. Warlocks and Rogues are inherently unpopular classes, but it doesn't mean they're broken and need buffs.

If Blizzard buffed Ret Paladins to be equally as capable as ARM Warriors in PvP, everyone and their grandma will be playing one.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Warriors are just too much of an issue, once the 5.1 nerfs go through the damage and control reduction on warriors will have players move to balance out a bit more. Casters will have more options, other melee will have better survival and damage burst from a few outliers dropping means more overall survival.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
If you increase anything on an Affy lock for PvP, it will cause them to be way over the top in PvE from a damage standpoint.

There needs to be a complete overhaul that separates PvP and PvE entirely. How that can happen, I have no idea.

Simply put, changing one will directly effect the other.

Strip the "more dot damage while channeling" BS out of MG, and let the filler be a filler.
For affliction I'm very very pleased to have a channeled filler; BUT I'm not pleased that so G-D much of the damage the class does is tied to it. In the past; sure Shadow's Embrace was a large portion of damage. up to 15%! But even without it stacked on all targets DoTs did enough damage to put out pressure. These days? The individual ticks do little more then tickle someone lightly; and as such, cause no pressure. Until that is fixed; affliction will be garbage in PvP.

It would be like... in the old days if your dots were gutted to do no damage unless you were in the act of casting shadow bolt on the target; in which case they'd gain somewhere about 100% damage.(50% of tick damage per second, dots tick once per 2 seconds. effectively: 100%+ damage) (not counting the additional +50% per tick if you have grim sac talented)

It was stated in Beta, it was complained about when it went live, and I'll say it again: Affliction's damage is way to centered on MG. It's not a "filler" its all of the spec's damage output.
Edited by Acteon on 11/19/2012 12:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Mage
11/19/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Alkii

Make PvP like challenge modes. Everyone in plain gear, and make skill matter. There, PvP fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I instantly stop reading when I see people posting on lvl 1 alts. The fact that you hide your main so you don't get flak means that you already know what you're posting is retarded.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/19/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Sodden
I instantly stop reading when I see people posting on lvl 1 alts. The fact that you hide your main so you don't get flak means that you already know what you're posting is retarded.

or they had an account banned. thoughts can either stand on their own or fall flat. ad hominen attacks are pretty weak.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
You're whining about a 2min DPS cd to kill an enemy?

I have to wait 5 minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Warlocks are very strong in 5mans, questing, raiding, arenas, and rated battlegrounds.
Sounds like a player skill issue.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
Warlocks are very strong in questing and raiding, Sounds like a player skill issue.

fixt
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Warlocks aren't bad in PvP, Warriors and mages are just too good. When they get nerfed, and we get buffed (casting on the move anyone?) it will be fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]