Is balance Mastery tooltip wrong

A fellow guildy pointed this out, and I may be going over old ground here. I tried to search for it but got nothing relavent and it is not in the guide that I can see.

I noticed that my master total was 21.44 percent. However the tooltip states that I am only getting 21% it does not go to 22 percent till I go over 22 percent. Does this mean I am wasting .44 percent mastery. or .44 percent damage while in eclipse? I looked at other classes and I don't see this limitations. Is this an error in the tool tip? Why not just increase it by 21.44 percent.
Edited by Footstomp on 11/19/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It's not a bug per se, it's working as intended.

Though it says 21%, you may have 21.315% Mastery (WoW calculates values to the third significant digit). This is not wasting any stats.
Reply Quote
The tool tip says I have 21.44 percent mastery, but it states that my spells are increased by 21 percent while in mastery. When I look at my mage friends tooltip it states that his are increased by 21.44 percent. (or whatever the number was). if this was a literal statement and not a bug, then I would be losing .44 percent damage while in Eclipse
Edited by Footstomp on 11/19/2012 11:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/19/2012 11:07 AMPosted by Footstomp
The tool tip says I have 21.44 percent mastery, but it states that my spells are increased by 21 percent while in mastery. When I look at my mage friends tooltip it states that his are increased by 21.44 percent. (or whatever the number was). if this was a literal statement and not a bug, then I would be losing .44 percent damage while in Eclipse

Yes. That doesn't mean you're losing the 0.44%, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Tooltip error. Went to a dummy and tested it at the start of the xpac. You're getting all your mastery.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]