How to use Shroud of Reversal

90 Tauren Druid
11/29/2012 03:12 AMPosted by Ðemolition
Every other one you drop a barrier on the boss, it hits the barrier and goes away. But if you place it wrong it does nothing.

One time we dropped barrier on the boss and it didn't go away (there was no damage during the barrier but when the barrier ended he kept doing the 50K hit on the raid). I'm wondering what we did wrong.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Oh, I think I know what happened.

Boss absorbs fire. Gains X stacks of the buff.

Bleeds off 1 per melee hit and does 50k raid damage.

If he gains 15 stacks but only swings 10 times before the next draw flame, he'll still have 5 after you barrier, he just wont gain any.

Also if theres actually damage during the draw flame cast people need to stop being dumb and standing between the boss and the fire patches.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Fisting Feng all day everyday.

I mean what?
To interrupt an epicenter cast with it, you have to use lightning fists during his epicenter cast timer. It's only about 1s so you have to be really quick.
Nah, you can Fist him while he's channeling it no problem - just not optimal since you take a tick of damage.

On a related unrelated note, how do other tanks deal with Shroud on heroic? I currently have a macro to Shroud my focus target (Waniou's basically), and to assign focus I made a macro to middle-click on Grid (my raidframe, right in the middle of my screen). I feel there's much less awkward ways to do it though.

I use the basic extra button macro:

/click ExtraActionButton1

Hit it while targeting boss, then click on whoever you want.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Sparklefever
On a related unrelated note, how do other tanks deal with Shroud on heroic? I currently have a macro to Shroud my focus target (Waniou's basically), and to assign focus I made a macro to middle-click on Grid (my raidframe, right in the middle of my screen). I feel there's much less awkward ways to do it though

You can keybind "focus target" and "target focus", if that helps any. I have them on Y and H respectively.

Does Feng target the person he's going to cast it on? If so, "target targettarget" may work too.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
He does Lightning Fists on the current tank, but if that's the Shroud tank then the other person never gets targeted.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
11/18/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Serinicas
We had an issue where if the tank was back up against the wall, Feng's Lightning Fists would seem to miss the tank entirely, thus the other tank couldn't use Shroud on it.

aha!

We were having the exact same issue, lightning fist wast just flat not hitting the tank, so I could never grab it off of him. I tried, oh how I tried.

So we changed our strategy, we 3 heal it, turned him to the side so it was easier for our pally healer to get *behind* the tank, and then let said pally healer take the lightning fist. Immediately started pushing into phase 3 (and downed it soon after).

11/29/2012 03:12 AMPosted by Ðemolition
You can only interrupt every other at best (barrier the ones you can't stun), but sometimes he randomly doesn't cast fists, so you just get to heal through it.

I've seen 1 pull where we interrupted every single epicenter, and several where we've only had 1 get through. The timing is just inconsistent. It isn't normal, but it is possible to interrupt every single one *sometimes*.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
I've seen 1 pull where we interrupted every single epicenter, and several where we've only had 1 get through. The timing is just inconsistent. It isn't normal, but it is possible to interrupt every single one *sometimes*.

Yeah I mentioned that you CAN later.

But its nothing close to reliable.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
11/29/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Ðemolition
But its nothing close to reliable.

YOU ARE WRONG. It's reliably unreliable, and so that's RELIABLE!

muahahahahaha

/will go away now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Use the macro mentioned on the first page. Then position yourself just behind the other tank before lightning fist goes off. Its not really the most efficient way to do it because both of you will get stunned, but its the most predictable way to do it and eliminates much of the error that can come with trying to get a ranged dps to take it.

If you can do it with a ranged, then thats better. But you can encounter issues with them being out of range, or you missing the cast when trying to run out of the way of lightning fists. In my opinion, the extra tank damage is worth it just to guarantee that you always get the lightning fist ability. Its a lot better than trying to get the whole raid to survive an unmitigated epicenter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/29/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Autumni
He does Lightning Fists on the current tank, but if that's the Shroud tank then the other person never gets targeted.

It's completely different on heroic.

Can be a giant pita, but your raid just needs to be prepared to eat a couple if necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's completely different on heroic.

Can be a giant pita, but your raid just needs to be prepared to eat a couple if necessary.

Feng was changed in 5.1 to Fist towards the tank again on Heroic, exactly the way he does on Normal.

What's funny is that the "hitbox" of Lightning Fists is completely different on LFR compared to 10N/10H.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/30/2012 3:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
that explains why we had issues with it this week lol, 1 straight into raid, and another on me when I was trying to get it from other tank
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Our Feng kill this week was a glorious facepull that had him going Flame First and then going into Staff phase with 19 stacks of Draw.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Does anyone else do this with 1 tank and no shroud?
Normal.
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
Normal.

If you can do that just do 1 tank and no barrier for super deeps
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Normal.

If we were to 1-tank, it would be without Barrier.

The top parses doing this on 10H tend to have a flunky sitting around in tank spec with Barrier just to feed even more dps to the guy trying to parse.
Edited by Slashlove on 12/1/2012 1:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
94 Pandaren Warrior
If you did fist then shield I wonder if you could epicenter a set of adds
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The debuff to let you use the Epicenter would wear off in the time it takes him to choose to pick up the shield and summon the adds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You can make a resonance last for most of an add set, though.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I'm really not understanding how to actually interrupt the Epicenter. I did it successfully twice on the first attempt, and somehow by trying to be more efficient with my movements I lose the ability. I was casting shroud on the very moment he started casting epicenter. When I do that now, nothing happens, he just continues to cast and channel.

In short, I can steel the fists just fine, but I need help interrupting the epicenter.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]