Galleon Compromise

90 Worgen Priest
So I have given this a lot of thought and I would like to submit a compromise for galleon kills every week. Honestly with the fact that with his spawn rate he can spawn up to 2 times each week I see no reason why if both factions work together and come to a compromise why we BOTH cant have a kill EVERY week and not worry about losing a kill when only 20mil hp left!!!!

I myself xferred over here from dragonmaw horde to play with my brother in Titans Judgment. Before then I had been on Dragonmaw (pvp realm) since November 05 (wow i just had my 7th year anniversary -- crazy man!!) and in that time I have done pretty much every world boss kill and seen some of the most epic (in my opinion) world pvp battles (Thorium Point and Blackrock Mountain were great) that Dragonmaw had ever seen. When I came over to this realm i had known ahead of time it was a rp realm where you only would pvp'd if you wanted to. That was very enticing to me since I have been in the past either ganked on every alt as I lvld by higher ups (or honestly ganked others with my max toons in revenge) and I wanted to more purely enjoy the game (in my opinion pvp belongs in bg's/arenas when on a non pvp realm or world pvp battles but not during world bosses).

So my suggestion is a compromise -- let us both work together and help at least 40 people in each faction get galleon loot with possible mount drops EVERY week -- raiding wise neither faction can say they DON'T want a raid boss kill every week. You know as well as I if you don't kill a raid boss every week it seriously bums you out. So what I suggest is for the first galleon pop (usually tuesday after maintenance up to thursday) Alliance are on the kill while the 2nd pop (from friday to monday) Horde are promised the kill. This way BOTH factions will be promised a kill and know when to start rare hunting and waiting for his pop without having to worry about the other faction ganking them out of it at the last minute.

Please respond with your thoughts and comments as I would GREATLY like to hear what others think about this - since Iam still new to this realm I honestly don't know how th eother faction mindset's are so I am wanting to get myself out there to find some sort of comrodary (yea spelling... lol) and work out ways to not only assist each other now for this but in th efuture be able to work together.

Thank you for your time and reading this and whether Horde or Alliance well..... LET'S GO AZEROTHIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(btw you can reach me usually on one of three toons in game -- Alassundra, Driscol (my bear), or my newly being lvld in 3 days time monk Chunnlee)

Also after thinking about it some more in case those rare weeks he only spawns once or has a long time and gets killed on Monday (and thus wont spawn again till friday or saturday)
I will be keeping a post under this of Galleon kill logs and updating with with time/faction kill so we can better advise which faction is next to kill him. Feel free if your faction kills him to post here with timestamped day/time of kill so I can better keep it updated.
Edited by Alassundra on 11/18/2012 11:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Galleon Kill log and notes for next faction Kill

Tuesday Nov 13th - approx 2pm st -- Horde Killed
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
reserved
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I really don't see Horde compromising on this. Don't get me wrong, diplomacy is nice. People like Hanroz and others who communicate with us on WPvP events or the like are pretty friendly and like the interaction.

The raiding community is...not so willing. People have too many alts to want to share something like that. I wish those who gun for him luck. I wouldn't mind getting a Galleon kill in, but I can say it's the least of my concerns. That's my own opinion though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Yea i completely understand the whole thing and know Horde are the top raiders on this server. In my opinion it's not so much that either side needs to dominate kills I'm seeing Galleon as a "raid" boss that both sides top raiding teams need to kill each week (or would like to kill each week) with mains and occasional alts to help further their progression raid teams as an extra loot drop for the week.

Honestly faction hatred as I've talked to others is in my eyes for bg's, arenas, and random world pvp. I know world bosses some of the excitement is beating out one faction over another for world bosses but that was on a pvp realm where you HAVE no choice but to be flagged. Here though you DON'T have to be and with the right leadership and organization and group working together, either side literally can dominate the spawns as they would never get flagged no matter how much the other side flagged themselves and tried to "screw" them up.

This was just something I thought of if it works great if not -- I have my next thoughts to ensure Alliance starts to dominate the kills but I'd rather work with like-minded raiders/pvp'rs of both sides instead of keeping up animosity between the sides.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just something you may want to do is start piling people into a global 'Galleon' chat.

It did wonders for us on the PvP end whereas we were able to mass communicate quickly when Horde began hitting the towns.

Perhaps if you and like able-bodied individuals who are on at a specific time of day, the odds of gathering a capable group to mount up fast and quickly take Galleon would be plausible.

I would also recommend having a small group who can tag him. Even if you have 36 players...that's 36 players getting a shot at gear as opposed to a risk of losing the tag. I know you want people to get into the mix, but you bring who you can as quick as you can. I hope maybe something like that will help out in the long run.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Thanks for the thoughts, definitely a few ideas I hadn't thought of myself. Yea we have a few that keep an eye on him and almost pulled it off this Tuesday with only 29. Just a minor accidental flag domino effected it and horde took the kill. It happens and that's one thing world bosses are for and makes the kills even more exciting. Though since horde have yet to respond at all I believe I'll be taking that as a they think they are better and more organized so guess we will have to show them what's what!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They definitely got their stuff together as usual. As a 'Horde' they really can mass mobilize with random people and be pretty effective.

Our side has always been different in that regard. In relation to our WPvP, we tend to match the Horde not with numbers but with our front runners. They do have their skilled fighters no doubt in that, but for every great warrior there is maybe four fodder that makes up their ranks. And with that kind of numbers, its easy for those mass numbers to rally behind their skilled fighters.

For Alliance, while that ratio is maybe a 2 to 1 in terms of fodder to great warriors, but our numbers are significantly lower when it comes to those turnouts.

My figures are based off of my own experiences however.

All in all, Horde have a slight advantage in mobilizing numbers. We as the Alliance have to be a bit more coordinated.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
The biggest issue is that you'll never get everyone on board for this. Even if a majority of raiders agreed, all it would take is one single person who doesn't give a !@#$ about diplomacy to spam Trade chat. Within minutes they'd have a half full raid of people who don't know about this compromise, or don't care.

And because this is a reality, the people who would normally compromise will not do so. They will think, it's better to be "every faction for their self" than miss out on a rare to the Horde folks who don't care about this thread and its value.

Personally, I gave up on Galleon. I'm rarely around when a group forms to kill it, and loot is a rarity too, so I just said %^-* it.

Also, Horde aren't responding because these forums are all but dead. The game has become so insulated for most players on small realms, having lost the fun and interactivity of a new MMO years ago, that most people just don't care what's being said here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/22/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Obeah
Personally, I gave up on Galleon. I'm rarely around when a group forms to kill it, and loot is a rarity too, so I just said %^-* it.

I second this. Ironically I am on rather often due to the fact I work at nights. But Galleon tends to spawn early morning after server resets when I am asleep on Tuesdays...so after that it seems he only respawns one more time and that in and of itself is such a gambit.

11/22/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Obeah
Also, Horde aren't responding because these forums are all but dead. The game has become so insulated for most players on small realms, having lost the fun and interactivity of a new MMO years ago, that most people just don't care what's being said here.

I also understand this, but we should continue to strive to interact as much as we can despite how much we as veterans may become disenchanted with the game. I can say personally those who aren't used to the Horde vs Alliance rivalry that has gone back since '05 that there are people who get a kick out of it and to me that's something to still enjoy.

Heck, one of my guildies just really got to end game here in MoP and I taught'em about Transmogging and that blew their minds. Hehe...it's good to bring that kind of joy to those who, even though mogging isn't a good example, that have yet to experience the game outside of its normal realm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
No offense to anyone one person, but Horde will never allow a peaceful cease fire stand. It just isn't in their blood. A certain breed of humans play horde, while most are respectful they also have a burning passion to make people pissed off....

I've seen it for 7 years now.
I'll see it till the servers are shut down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
I don't see this happening. Alliance are far outnumbered on this server. Horde has so much of an easier time forming a raid.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Paladin
No offense to anyone one person, but Horde will never allow a peaceful cease fire stand. It just isn't in their blood. A certain breed of humans play horde, while most are respectful they also have a burning passion to make people pissed off....

Actually, that's just the feature of the largest population. About maybe 15% to 25% of the population is of the degenerate category. And since Horde outnumber the Alliance on this server, their 15%-25% is far larger than the Alliances 15%-25%.

Trust me, there are servers out there where the Alliance makes our Horde-side look like a MLP:FiM Cult.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Also...this is world of WARcraft. Not world of Compromisecraft
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
And this is an RP server, not a PvP one.

Nothing about Galleon screams inter-factional war, and hell, most of the time there is no war to kill him in the first place. :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
simple solution is.............. all out war for the kill :P
we may be out number but we can give them hell for the kill :P
no one is gunna go for a cease fire. im pretty sure not even alliance will :P
well atleast i know i wouldnt. death to the horde is what im all about :P
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight

I've seen it for 7 years now.
I'll see it till the servers are shut down.

That is a pretty harsh and wildly inaccurate generalization :p. You find asshats on both sides of the divide :o
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Galleon is meant to have competition. And it's not like the alliance is completely incapable of taking it. The horde just usually gets to it first. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
12/04/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Haduma
Galleon is meant to have competition. And it's not like the alliance is completely incapable of taking it. The horde just usually gets to it first. :)

Its just a numbers game really. I can say that if you were to go into Stormwind and Orgrimmar at the same point of time of the day you'll see more Horde just hanging out.

I don't really think there is an imbalance in numbers, but our Alliance players seem to be 'elsewhere' when they're needed most.

I think I've queued for Tol Barad about 8 times this past week and almost every time I'm the only one there with about 5-6 Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
12/04/2012 09:46 AMPosted by Forescythe
I don't really think there is an imbalance in numbers, but our Alliance players seem to be 'elsewhere' when they're needed most.

Yeah, they're logged onto their Horde Mains.
Now you know the secret.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]