Is anyone truly enjoying this season?

90 Orc Warrior
While at first glance you see a warrior I mainly pve with a little pvp on the side. I did play pvp a lot last season but looking at observations from some of my friends who do pvp heavily they aren't liking it for a couple reasons.

1. Too much of everything!
Every class has a cc!!! There is TONS of it in the game now and it is absolutely ridiculous, last season cc was at a nice spot imo because whenever someone tried to do it again it would DR, this season there are classes like warriors who can stun into a fear into a blanket silence into a root (assuming its specced into) and can shut anything down in many different ways.

2. Dispells!!
This is just with the first reason I posted because when there is a spriest who fears me and I don't have beserker rage up having used it on the last fear he roots me then the healer can't do a thing and I sit in it while it NEVER BREAKS!! The roots and cc does not break this season after massive amounts of damage.

3. Burst
Burst will always be in the game but this season it is out of control...a rogue and a rdruid friend of mine were doing 2s and the rogue for one can't stick to them and after bombing 6 deeps and cloaking 3 others there is one instance where he has nothing and the rdruid is in a fear behind a pillar and he dies....

I felt I posted constructively here and any other posters feel free to post you're thoughts on why I am wrong, what we should do, or any different complaints you have, Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I am enjoying it on my holy paladin, shaman and druid because once you get to a point people have the epic PvP gear burst is fine, CC is crazy but because burst is tame it's not as bad. it's really fun
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I am enjoying battlegrounds much more than arenas

arenas would be infinitely better if every cc shared dr, except for stuns and silences. If you don't play the right class good luck in arenas because you will be beaten by superior ones.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I saw team EG play against some enh/rsham/lock comp which I can't recall the name of and while Conrad and Reckful were mediocre commentators it was always OK HES GOING DOWN HES DONE then oh... he popped one of his many immunities and they never got a kill second match.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
TMO
PVP has been all screwed up this season.

From hotfixes that need another hotfix to actually work, to changing the way conquest caps worked without prior notice, to losing points because you were logged in a tuesday morning, and MMR exploits, wintrading, etc.

In RBGs we have Kotmogu, a crapfest which has people able to get into walls; I thankfully haven't experienced that yet. And there's Silvershard mines, where you get to count the seconds you spend in freezes and fears.

I haven't even gotten to class balance yet. Too much damage all around, and none of the damage besides hunters is being touched next patch. Healer mana is somewhat inconsequential to certain healers, making any damage that doesn't actually kill a target fairly useless unless it forces a cooldown or something.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Stumpette
I am enjoying it on my holy paladin, shaman and druid because once you get to a point people have the epic PvP gear burst is fine, CC is crazy but because burst is tame it's not as bad. it's really fun

Fully geared healers are getting nearly globaled in deep freezes.

Burst is fine?

Both burst healing and burst dmg are ridiculous right now.
Edited by Awake on 11/18/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I have been bursted 100%-0% in a deepfreeze by two dps using cooldowns at the same time, but you know what? It's a team game, so I blame my partners for not peeling. These days though it takes a lot for anyone to die, me or my partners and other teams see it the same higher up. Matches take time because everyone peels, hell, I peel off THEM half the time. I hex warriors when they avatar/reck then cap stun them, druids cyclone them, paladins HoJ them, it's just the nature of the game now. PEEL PEEL PEEL!
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/18/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Stumpette

You seriously are finding burst tame right now? I must be getting old... cause this aint no tame burst to me.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
The game is just pop all CDs and try to kill in a stun + CC on healer because there are so many defensive CDs and healing is too strong.

Global in a stun or get globalled in a stun once every 2-3 minutes.
Reply Quote
I have been bursted 100%-0% in a deepfreeze by two dps using cooldowns at the same time, but you know what? It's a team game, so I blame my partners for not peeling. These days though it takes a lot for anyone to die, me or my partners and other teams see it the same higher up. Matches take time because everyone peels, hell, I peel off THEM half the time. I hex warriors when they avatar/reck then cap stun them, druids cyclone them, paladins HoJ them, it's just the nature of the game now. PEEL PEEL PEEL!

There is no reason the game should be PEEL PEEL PEEL until your cooldowns come up for another attempt to global someone. That isn't fun. But that is the state of arena currently. You just sit around and try avoiding damage until cooldowns are up, and there is a chance either someone on your team or their team will die during the cooldowns, if not just rinse and repeat. I'm not saying peeling during cooldowns is bad, quite the opposite, what I'm saying is even after cooldowns teams will just peel until their cooldowns are back up, because its almost impossible to land a kill without popping a cooldown currently. Sustained damage is too low for that to happen.
Edited by Jaron on 11/18/2012 10:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Stumpette

It's also because one GHW will take someone from 10% to 100%.

The fact of the matter is no one dies unless they get blown up in a 2 second window with cd's. The game is completely based around absurd burst.

They need to reduce the potency of cd's and instant casts imo, and increase sustained dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I play druid, paladin and shaman 2100+ so no, stop trying to make this about shaman. When HASN'T arena been about good peels? Two dps alone with a healer using all their cooldowns SHOULD be able to kill that healer in a reasonable amount of team, long as it's not instantly I don't see a problem. your DPS should be peeling and protecting you, that's the mark of skill in arena, the difference between the sub 1800 zerg train rush and 2200+ game play. Teamwork, and that goes for ALL my healers. Soon as a mage or warrior or hunter uses their cooldowns, we either CC it or swap to it to supress it's damage output and break up their bursts, so at best they have one person on the healer (me) at a time. I don't see what the problem is, but that's because I'm sitting on 8k-8.5k resilence on all my healers. Not even a mage can solo me with all cooldowns up.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I do agree that sustained dmage needs a buff in some classes. mages and warlocks do pretty good sustained damage, so do unholy DK's and boomkin. I'm HOPING that with 5.1 burst nerfs and more people having higher resilence, affliction locks and comps of that nature make a come back. I kind of miss RLS.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I agree.

I played s5 - s9 as DK, HPally, RDruid and a little bit of lock.

Coming back this season to check things out I can't believe how bursty the game has become. It's like "wtf just happened" I have to go look at my log just to see.

Bursty fights play right into the had of CC classes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
They need to fix burst and cc and healers mana and casters having to actually cast something and melee having too many interrupts. Then this game might be fun.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Another thing. I think people should deal with the problem and not symptoms of the problem.

CC now isn't any more than it was in Cataclysm or lich king. What changed is the 8 second cooldown on dispel. I honestly think it should be 3-5, not 8. But that's just me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I'm rather excited about this season so far, and the changes to the environment that will make my class more viable in 5.1, because apparently warriors are the reason rogues are so bad.
Reply Quote
Well its hard to balance with every class getting more CCs/cooldowns every expansion. Theres still much more than what there was in past expansions, and along with dispel on a 8 second cc, its hard to NOT be cc'd. It used to be if you got CC'd and the enemy team did something stop your shaman from dispelling you, that was skillful on their part, while now if your'e CC'd and you get one dispel you just get CC'd again and have to sit it anyway. That isn't that skillful.
Edited by Jaron on 11/18/2012 10:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Another thing. I think people should deal with the problem and not symptoms of the problem.

CC now isn't any more than it was in Cataclysm or lich king. What changed is the 8 second cooldown on dispel. I honestly think it should be 3-5, not 8. But that's just me.

There is a sh1t load of more cc now and far too many are instant so positioning means sh1t and or avoiding them.

Also, just in case you havent notice your a resto shaman... I wonder why the high level players play as one and not any of the other healers.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/18/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Stylis
Also, just in case you havent notice your a resto shaman... I wonder why the high level players play as one and not any of the other healers.

Yes, a pissing match will make this thread more constructive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]