Is anyone truly enjoying this season?

90 Dwarf Shaman
For the 10 millionth time, I am 2200 as a resto shaman, 2257 as a holy paladin and 2100 with a resto druid. I'm a 'healer.'

Resto shaman become exponentially better the more skilled the player and partners, highest skill cap of all the healers by a long shot.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Hunter
11/18/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Stumpette
Resto shaman become exponentially better the more skilled the player and partners, highest skill cap of all the healers by a long shot.
i hope you're being sarcastic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/18/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Awake
I have been bursted 100%-0% in a deepfreeze by two dps using cooldowns at the same time, but you know what? It's a team game, so I blame my partners for not peeling. These days though it takes a lot for anyone to die, me or my partners and other teams see it the same higher up. Matches take time because everyone peels, hell, I peel off THEM half the time. I hex warriors when they avatar/reck then cap stun them, druids cyclone them, paladins HoJ them, it's just the nature of the game now. PEEL PEEL PEEL!

It's also because one GHW will take someone from 10% to 100%.

The fact of the matter is no one dies unless they get blown up in a 2 second window with cd's. The game is completely based around absurd burst.

They need to reduce the potency of cd's and instant casts imo, and increase sustained dmg.

A lot of that is resto shaman mastery
Reply Quote

11/18/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Nevio

Ever since Cata, and now especially with MoP, no class has any kind of difficult or high skill cap anymore.

Also, when I mentioned a GHW taking people from 10% to 100%, I was just using it as a reference. Every healer can pretty much do the same in one way or another. Holy Paladins for example can do it in 2 globals without even casting.

Healing is too strong, and a huge part of the reason burst is the only way to land kills right now.

People go from either 100%-0% in 2 seconds, or they don't die at all because their healer or (insert hybrid here) just healed them to full nearly instantly.
Edited by Awake on 11/18/2012 11:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Didn't you hear sabrina? Resto shaman all have 100% mastery, 100% crit rate, all 3 talents on every tier, 30 second cooldown tremor totem all the time forever and also lasers canons mounted on a totem.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Ever since Cata, and now especially with MoP, no class has any kind of difficult or high skill cap anymore.

Also, when I mentioned a GHW taking people from 10% to 100%, I was just using it as a reference. Every healer can pretty much do the same in one way or another.

Healing is too strong, and a huge part of the reason burst is the only way to land kills right now.

People go from either 100%-0% in 2 seconds, or they don't die at all because their healer or (insert hybrid here) just healed them to full nearly instantly.

Incorrect. We score 99% of our kills (KFC, Shattertree, and PhD are the three comps I heal atm) because the healer is CC chained, because players past 2100 all peel and guard each other, it takes about 10 seconds to drop someone from 100% to 0% with a good CC chain. Killing a healer is unheard of because the two DPS will peel/counter burn too hard.
Edited by Stumpette on 11/18/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Not particularly.

Off old ratings, I'm a 2900 shaman, a 2750 druid, and a 2750 paladin.

Druids and Monks are much more skill oriented than Shamans. The class has been dumbed down a lot.

I leveled a Paladin for this season, like I leveled a druid for S9. I'm being forced to level my shaman now because they're retarded still.
Edited by Evolute on 11/18/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Stumpette
Didn't you hear sabrina? Resto shaman all have 100% mastery, 100% crit rate, all 3 talents on every tier, 30 second cooldown tremor totem all the time forever and also lasers canons mounted on a totem.

I wasn't complaining about resto shamans specifically. But since it's now a pressing issue, just take a look at the healers at the Finals and tell me resto shamans are fine with a straight face.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
11/18/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Evolute

Not particularly.

Off old ratings, I'm a 2900 shaman, a 2750 druid, and a 2750 paladin.

Druids and Monks are much more skill oriented than Shamans. The class has been dumbed down a lot.

I find druid much easier than shaman. with spamable cyclone, displacer beast so I never have to worry "If" i can get away, of course I can, I have displacer beast! I have a much easier time keeping myself up as a druid, the only thing shaman do better/easier than druid is heal low health teammates, but playing with a frost mage and shadowpriest, as a resto druid, my partners are never "low." We're either in control and all 100% health or we're not in control and the mage is dead.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Stumpette
Incorrect. We score 99% of our kills (KFC, Shattertree, and PhD are the three comps I heal atm) because the healer is CC chained, because players past 2100 all peel and guard each other, it takes about 10 seconds to drop someone from 100% to 0% with a good CC chain. Killing a healer is unheard of because the two DPS will peel/counter burn too hard.

Killing a healer unheard of? Pro resto shamans like Cdew getting taken from 70%-0% in a deep at the finals pretty much disagrees with you there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/18/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Stumpette

I was simply explaining that shaman mastery boosts healing on low health targets to the poster.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Snutz and Venruki are the best players in the world playing mage and warlock. They are kind of an outliar. And Cdew is indeed one of the best resto shaman world wide too, that I completely agree with, but even them killing him took quite a long while to setup.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really wish a turbocleave had made it to Blizzcon. They'd have had a good chance of winning.

O'well.

On topic, no, I'm not having fun with this game. I've been playing more Minecraft, Skyrim, and League of Legends. My subscription probably won't be renewed this coming month.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/18/2012 11:57 AMPosted by Awake

I wasn't complaining about resto shamans specifically. But since it's now a pressing issue, just take a look at the healers at the Finals and tell me resto shamans are fine with a straight face.
I dont know what comps were in the finals but if there were a lot of caster cleaves well than its pretty self explanatory why people chose resto shamans as the de-facto healer.

Wind sheer grounding totem, and tremor is priceless against caster cleaves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I mean a rather easy solution would be to reduce healing in PvP situations and like tone down burst a lot....pretty much PvP is fixed and I can play affliction again. Demonology and Destro are the most boring specs I've ever played.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 12:03 PMPosted by Stumpette
Snutz and Venruki are the best players in the world playing mage and warlock. They are kind of an outliar. And Cdew is indeed one of the best resto shaman world wide too, that I completely agree with, but even them killing him took quite a long while to setup.

That's just the thing though. No one dies outside of getting recked in a few second burst window. If the kill misses, everyone just sits around pretty much at zero risk of death for 5 mins waiting for the cd's again to proceed to try and blow someone else up in another few second window.

It's not fun to play or watch, which is why everyone is complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
I do agree with your last post, Awake.

I do kind of mourn the death of people having the CHOICE to play drain comps. Mana drain because of high consistant damage, no real burst. While I hated TBC, TBC arena tournys were always RMP RMP RMP WLD WLD WLD and it was interesting watching those two comps, one burst and setup the other attrition go head to head.

But WLD vs WLD made me want to jump out a window.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Another thing. I think people should deal with the problem and not symptoms of the problem.

CC now isn't any more than it was in Cataclysm or lich king. What changed is the 8 second cooldown on dispel. I honestly think it should be 3-5, not 8. But that's just me.

I have to disagree.

Just off the top of my head. Warrs can fear all the time . Pallies can blind. There are knockbacks galore. Priests have an extra fear. Half the classes have new roots or vortex type things.

It really is overkill.
Reply Quote
No I am not enjoying this season. The truly viable class selection has never looked so poor to me. And yes burst is too high and sustained damage is too low it feels like there's no damage happening until cd's are up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/18/2012 09:49 AMPosted by Borrá
last season cc was at a nice spot imo

I'd just like to point out that some CC was super imbalanced. Mage/rogue for example.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]