Is anyone truly enjoying this season?

100 Human Mage
I do agree with your last post, Awake.

I do kind of mourn the death of people having the CHOICE to play drain comps. Mana drain because of high consistant damage, no real burst. While I hated TBC, TBC arena tournys were always RMP RMP RMP WLD WLD WLD and it was interesting watching those two comps, one burst and setup the other attrition go head to head.

But WLD vs WLD made me want to jump out a window.

No thanks I dont miss being out of mana 25 seconds into a BC match. That crap was aweful. Hunter/lock/druid made me rage hardcore. Gayest comp ever imo.
Edited by Sabrinakyle on 11/18/2012 1:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Constructive feedback please! =x

I would love to hear ideas on how to actually fix the problems that are being addressed here.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Snutz and Venruki are the best players in the world playing mage and warlock. They are kind of an outliar. And Cdew is indeed one of the best resto shaman world wide too, that I completely agree with, but even them killing him took quite a long while to setup

its not like they get extra buttons for being good at the class. By your logic a 2k mage/lock should be able to set up that against a 2k shaman...
Reply Quote
Constructive feedback please! =x

I would love to hear ideas on how to actually fix the problems that are being addressed here.

People have said it already.

Reduce the importance/dmg of cd's and improve sustained dmg.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
People have said it already.

Reduce the importance/dmg of cd's and improve sustained dmg.

Obviously but that's much easier said than done, I want to hear a bit more specific things to go about this.

For example I think to make everyone happier we should make overpower 75% more powerful as a base and remove Taste for blood COMPLETELY. It's annoying for warriors and sucks for those who get crit by 200k overpower's.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
nope. bm is boring as !@#$, and blizz refuses to fix the problems with our lvl 90 talents.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I'm enjoying this season way more than season 11, retards running ret/dk/x can't tunnel me all game overlapping cd's and still win.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Diggitydan
I'm enjoying this season way more than season 11, retards running ret/dk/x can't tunnel me all game overlapping cd's and still win.

I'd rather get tunneled all game like I was in Cata on my resto shammy than get blown up in a deep like what's happening now in MoP.

Obviously but that's much easier said than done, I want to hear a bit more specific things to go about this.

For example I think to make everyone happier we should make overpower 75% more powerful as a base and remove Taste for blood COMPLETELY. It's annoying for warriors and sucks for those who get crit by 200k overpower's.

Fair enough. Changes for BM I'd like to see, since Lynx Rush/Stampede/Bestial Wrath nerfs/fixes are already happening...

Nerf the set bonus on the PvP gear that boosts our pvp power by an absurd amount during Rapid Fire. Make Readiness not reset the cd of Bestial Wrath or Rapid Fire for BM, and in exchange for this, buff kill command and arcane shot dmg.

Cd's/Burst successfully nerfed. Sustained dmg successfully buffed. Rinse and repeat for every class.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
While at first glance you see a warrior I mainly pve with a little pvp on the side. I did play pvp a lot last season but looking at observations from some of my friends who do pvp heavily they aren't liking it for a couple reasons.

1. Too much of everything!
Every class has a cc!!! There is TONS of it in the game now and it is absolutely ridiculous, last season cc was at a nice spot imo because whenever someone tried to do it again it would DR, this season there are classes like warriors who can stun into a fear into a blanket silence into a root (assuming its specced into) and can shut anything down in many different ways.

2. Dispells!!
This is just with the first reason I posted because when there is a spriest who fears me and I don't have beserker rage up having used it on the last fear he roots me then the healer can't do a thing and I sit in it while it NEVER BREAKS!! The roots and cc does not break this season after massive amounts of damage.

3. Burst
Burst will always be in the game but this season it is out of control...a rogue and a rdruid friend of mine were doing 2s and the rogue for one can't stick to them and after bombing 6 deeps and cloaking 3 others there is one instance where he has nothing and the rdruid is in a fear behind a pillar and he dies....

I felt I posted constructively here and any other posters feel free to post you're thoughts on why I am wrong, what we should do, or any different complaints you have, Thanks.

Chaos Bolt goodness..... nuff said.

/warrior tears
Edited by Poleloc on 11/18/2012 6:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Nothing is going to drastically change until there is a separation between PVE and PVP.

As long as abilities are tuned for killing dargons, this is what we got.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Is anyone truly enjoying this season?

I would really enjoy this season if warriors and mages got nerfed, and to a lesser extent locks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
if i had a penny for everytime a mage came out of stealth with all his cd poped and i silence shot him but my pally still has to trinket die or bubble the deep since bomb goes boom even silenced. i would be really rich if i had a penny for everytime i just go 100-0 to random war gibs id be rich. my druid died multiple times today from 90% to war damage out of nowhere before he could bubble. ive seen a surv hunter lock pally stream an hunter ran around hitting 5k-10k explosive shot everything toped then locks like k bursting an entire team melts in seconds without any assistance from the hunter. this game is broken and it would be more fun and balanced if locks+mages wasnt allowed to pvp. since fear an ring is the most broken !@#$ to ever be in the game as far as cc goes
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hell of alot better than last season thats for sure.
Reply Quote
Nothing is going to drastically change until there is a separation between PVE and PVP.

Thats not ENTIRELY true. It is somewhat, don't get me wrong, but the main problems currently involve burst and CC. CC isn't useful on raid bosses, yeah its useful in dungeons and on some adds, but pvers haven't ASKED for more CC. Blizzard just gave classes more CC anyway. It wouldn't hurt to remove some CC. Having dispel without a cooldown (again) wouldn't effect pve. People have been complaining about the absurd amount of CC and dispel on a CD to be unable to remove it, so blizzard would have to either take some CC out or have dispel not on a CD again. Tuning down burst but putting the damage in sustained wouldn't effect PvE as long as people felt like their DPS went down. Only the people who want to see big numbers would complain. There is alot blizzard could do but they neglect to do it.
Of course, these are just common complaints I'm generalizing, but you get what i mean.
Edited by Jaron on 11/18/2012 7:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

Thats not ENTIRELY true. It is somewhat, don't get me wrong, but the main problems currently involve burst and CC. CC isn't useful on raid bosses, yeah its useful in dungeons and on some adds, but pvers haven't ASKED for more CC. Blizzard just gave classes more CC anyway. It wouldn't hurt to remove some CC. Having dispel without a cooldown (again) wouldn't effect pve. People have been complaining about the absurd amount of CC and dispel on a CD to be unable to remove it, so blizzard would have to either take some CC out or have dispel not on a CD again. Tuning down burst but putting the damage in sustained wouldn't effect PvE as long as people felt like their DPS went down. Only the people who want to see big numbers would complain. There is alot blizzard could do but they neglect to do it.
Of course, these are just common complaints I'm generalizing, but you get what i mean.
things like ring of frost blood fear psyfiend are ment for rbgs an should not be allowed in arena at all. that stuff is ment to cc people in rbgs when there is 10 or more people not a small ammount of 3 player team when you like ok im just ring this pillar an the war/hunter/feral/melee or pet or anyone cant do sht
Reply Quote
Yeah exactly, or it wouldn't be as bad if you could actually stop it... But hey instant CC makes everything more fun...right?
Edited by Jaron on 11/18/2012 8:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
11/18/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Jaron
Yeah exactly, or it wouldn't be as bad if you could actually stop it... But hey instant CC makes everything more fun...right?

Wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
This upcoming week I'm going to try to take my 4th comp to 2200+

Ret paladin, feral druid, healer. I'm excited just thinking about it. In the past, I would play 2-3 comps a season because the diversity just wasn't there. This season though I have a ton of fun on all 3 of my healers playing all kinds of comps. The level of diversity we share now is the best it's ever been by a long shot. *Shivers at flashbacks to TBC when only RMP and WLD were allowed to get gladiator*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
This upcoming week I'm going to try to take my 4th comp to 2200+

Ret paladin, feral druid, healer. I'm excited just thinking about it. In the past, I would play 2-3 comps a season because the diversity just wasn't there. This season though I have a ton of fun on all 3 of my healers playing all kinds of comps. The level of diversity we share now is the best it's ever been by a long shot. *Shivers at flashbacks to TBC when only RMP and WLD were allowed to get gladiator*

That comp looks like it has heavy durability due to ret offheals as well as heavy burst. Then with cycone/hex/Repentance/Stuns/Disorients it has a ton of cc, no thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
most ret's don't take repentance, but cyclone/hex/stun will be great. It's mostly an attempted counter to MLS. We're gonna see if it works at least as well as TSG does.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]