Need a glyph for Dragon Roar

100 Dwarf Warrior
Definately need a minor glyph for this spell that eliminates the knockback... even tho it only works on trash, its very annoying and causing unnecessary damage to the tanks trying to keep the mobs neatly in front of them.

I'm not even really tanking in HoF and i can see where its causing problems... my tanks kept yelling at the boomkin to stop doing it... I had to step up and say it was me and they told me to just stop.

I'd like to keep the knockdown though... I'd even settle for a major that removed both the knockback and the knockdown but increased the base damage.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Definately need a minor glyph for this spell that eliminates the knockback... even tho it only works on trash, its very annoying and causing unnecessary damage to the tanks trying to keep the mobs neatly in front of them.

I'm not even really tanking in HoF and i can see where its causing problems... my tanks kept yelling at the boomkin to stop doing it... I had to step up and say it was me and they told me to just stop.

I'd like to keep the knockdown though... I'd even settle for a major that removed both the knockback and the knockdown but increased the base damage.

Heck, I'd settle for remove the knockback and knockdown, but remove/alter the absolutely horrid DR scale that Dragons Roar is on (where it deals more damage in single target but far less in any real AoE situation, versus the other AoE options)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
11/18/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Dorfüs

They probably wouldnt give you a glyph to increase the damage seeing as it effects your dps. Theyre trying really hard not to make it a choice about dps.

Theyd maybe increase the range though. Or something else that is almost useless seeing as taking away the knockback/knockdown can be a benefit rather than a downside.

Example: Glyph of typhoon reduced the mana cost of typhoon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I know how the positioning can be a tad annoying, but... Wouldn't knocking the mobs back and preventing them from hitting you be a good thing for mitigation?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/19/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Nanaya
I know how the positioning can be a tad annoying, but... Wouldn't knocking the mobs back and preventing them from hitting you be a good thing for mitigation?

If you have it, you're pve dps, not the tank, so you don't give a fig about mitigation. The knock back is annoying to me when I dps and makes me want to punch a kitten when I'm tanking and a pve dps warrior uses it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
11/19/2012 12:07 AMPosted by Nanaya

It can be used to do that, but thats not even the point of the spell... Its common use is to ramp up Bloodbath ticks in a big hurry (most warriors bind those together) The problem is when you have to go in front of the mobs where the tanks are to knock them straight back. This puts you out of position (infront of the mobs instead of behind where every melee dps SHOULD be) and into harms way on some packs (I.E. the guys in the trash right before the first boss of HoF that do the mini ground pound thing).

On the larger bug packs... (yes im talking about the super easy ones) no matter where you do it from, they knockback and spread out... re-converging on the tank in more of a semi-circle, and sometimes even behind the tanks. This causes Tanks to be hit in the back.. or having to resposition... leading to everyone else repositioning. All that is a personal DPS gain... while screwing the rest of the raid's DPS.

I know there are far bigger issues out there that need to be adressed, but this one is a very simple fix, that wouldn't affect PvP in the slightest if it was made into a glyph... MINOR GLYPH PLS.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
It should reduce the rage cost then. :P

Maybe something like... "Removes the knockdown and knockback effect of Dragon Roar, but it now generates 10 rage."

Might be problematic since it'd suddenly become OMG GET GLYPH NO ALTERNATIVES if it's a minor glyph, and that would suck as a major glyph, but I think the whole problem can be attributed to Bladestorm being pretty underwhelming in comparison.
Edited by Massivecow on 11/19/2012 5:31 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
11/19/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Massivecow

Maybe something like... "Removes the knockdown and knockback effect of Dragon Roar, but it now generates 10 rage."

Might be problematic since it'd suddenly become OMG GET GLYPH NO ALTERNATIVES if it's a minor glyph, and that would suck as a major glyph, but I think the whole problem can be attributed to Bladestorm being pretty underwhelming in comparison.

There is no rage cost currently on the ability. Generating rage would be awesome... but then the QQ would roll in from the anti-war PvP crowd. That would also fall in line as a buff to the spell... leading it to become a "mandatory glyph" as well as bumping it into the Major Glyph catagory.

In choosing the glyph as a minor, you'd be losing some utility to gain control and stability. Shamans get a minor that autocasts waterwalking in ghost wolf form... not gamebreaking or necessary... but actually useful in some situations. So far.. all the warrior minor glyphs are cosmetic garbage... I'd gladly give up the ability to float in the air for 2 seconds... or have a blazing fire trail... or some stupid crows on my execute for something that would actually have a bit of practicality.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 05:31 AMPosted by Massivecow

Yeah, the positive effect is already the removal of the knockback, so anything that increases dps would make the glyph too strong.

Increased range would probably be something that's marginally useful without making the glyph affect dps.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
We would need more responses than this to get any attention to the issue, please feel free to share your hatred for knockbacks in PvE environments. There are very few instances where they actually do any good.

Its mostly used as a griefing tool.. or for Lulz in eye of the storm, AB, and in some rare but awesome cases, the hanger in IoC even tho dragon roar is almost impossible to do in those situations.

Every knockback spell needs to have a glyph for these purposes so they can have the choice to use them or not, especially if they are vital damage dealing abilities.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I've been wanting this minor glyph since MoP release. The knockback is stupid anyways, the minor glyph should take it away OR if they don't want to decrease the utility of it, just make it a .5 sec stun. Way too many tanks complain and it annoys me too, but I definitely like DR over Bladestorm because of the 1min cd so it works soo well with Bloodbath. More constant and consistent dmg on boss fights as well. I really think it's a no brainer and I have no idea what Blizz was thinking when they added a half a second knockback/knockdown to the spell.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]