What will the next expansion hold?

90 Human Death Knight
In your opinion, how would the game continue? Would it fit the lore?

I'm leaning towards 3 factions, considering I am down right bored with the current H v A situation.

Perhaps a demon based faction since everyone thinks that's next expansion. Maybe the demon hunter class is finally revealed.

Perhaps a new planet? New races? New classes?

It opens up a new world of possibilities!

Lore wise a new war is bound happen.

WoW has patterns, it gets a little old. I am sick of the: New giant threat. Racial clash. New race. No new race. New class. New land.

What do you think?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
As long as Naga and Ethereals become playable someday I'm happy.

As for a new class.
What about a Performer, could have a bard spec, illusionist spec, and stuntman spec.

As for threats. The Emerald Nightmare seems to be coming back soon if the revamped Kalimdor zones have anything to say. Plus Queen Azshara and N'Zoth are still out there. And lets not forget the Burning Legion, The Void or the Titans themselves. Oh and Hakkar the Soulflayer has returned too, need to kill him again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Ok I have to ask. This expansion hasn't even hit its mid-point yet. Why is everyone in such a rush to plan out the next one?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
11/17/2012 01:50 PMPosted by Dyrant
I'm leaning towards 3 factions, considering I am down right bored with the current H v A situation.
Doing this would literally require them to completely redo not only the entire world up to and including Pandaria, but every single battleground as well.

This is not going to happen in WoW's lifetime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/17/2012 02:22 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
Doing this would literally require them to completely redo not only the entire world up to and including Pandaria, but every single battleground as well.

This is not going to happen in WoW's lifetime.

Unless a millionare donate millions of dollars to Blizzard's revenues then MAYBE but now? lol no.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of feasibility. The amount of work required to add a third faction is such that they might as well make a completely new MMO.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 02:21 PMPosted by Noitora
Ok I have to ask. This expansion hasn't even hit its mid-point yet. Why is everyone in such a rush to plan out the next one?

People like speculating. I also know some people are generally disinterested in the Horde v.s. Alliance conflict and want to see whats next.
Edited by Gornur on 11/17/2012 3:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am beginning to think Azshara/Nazjatar will never happen unless the region rises out from underwater and thus defies an underwater-themed expansion.

Sargeras, Kil'jaeden, and company need to hurry up and show up. That's the expansion I have always been waiting for. Perhaps Sargeras is too powerful to actually be allowed to show up, though...
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
An avatar like Sargeras used to battle Aegwynn, sure. But not Sargeras himself. I don't think Sargeras will (or should) be battled at his full capacity in WoW's lifetime.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/17/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Mordstreich
An avatar like Sargeras used to battle Aegwynn, sure. But not Sargeras himself. I don't think Sargeras will (or should) be battled at his full capacity in WoW's lifetime.

I thought that it was unspoken law that when we reach level 100 we fight and kill Sargeras.
Edited by Draxonicar on 11/17/2012 5:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
I generally consider any 3rd faction concept dead on arrival.

It's not a matter of adding a couple more playable races then normal, we'd be talking about fundamentally rewriting the game from the ground up. So many parts of the game were implemented with the assumption that only the Horde and Alliance will be playable, to the point that we'd have something bigger then all previous expansions combined before we even begin to consider any new endgame content.

That aside, I'm thinking expansion 5 is going to be based on the Burning Legion. We have a lot of indications pointing towards it. The bulk of the expansion's content will likely deal with us invading a world occupied by the Burning Legion. Argus is most likely, but Xoroth wouldn't be out of the picture completely, it really depends on whether or not Blizzard is ready to make a Draenei expansion or not.

I don't think there would be much of a problem with fighting Sargeras within the scope of WoW. Fighting him at full power might be tricky, but he could always be not at full power, or we could have some sort of unexpected advantage over him.
Edited by Falrinn on 11/17/2012 5:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I want them to turn the caverns of time into a major hub. WoW needs to get its timeline straight. So what it could do is have the infinite flight start messing things up again. With the dawn of mortals we learned from the TCG that the bronze flight gave the duty of guarding the timeline over to the mortals. The time walkers faction. The infinite dragonflight starts messing up every pivotal point in Azeroth's history. the quests would be very specific of the who, what, when, where, why. This would also clarify a lot of the lore.

Also from actual mechanics it could work too.The way Blizz has the leveling system is a major talent every 15 levels. With a new expansion they can't give us a new talent unless giving us a 15 lvl increase or changing the talent trees again. IMO I think the trees are fine how they are. But what if they keep it at 90? Remember the whole Cata path of the titans idea. I really didn't want to do that because more than half the playable races just don't care about the titans. In the next Xpac they could have race specific quests and have your character going back in time to important events in your race's history to stop the infinite flight. Now I know that is a lot of resources so you could make them overlap like night elves and tauren both going back to the war of the ancients. When you go back in time quest rewards would be weapons with your factions style. Like a dwarf hunter could get a dwarf throwing hammer for range and a night elf warrior could get a one handed glaive. Also, you get to learn from either important people like an orc warrior learns from Ner'zhul. Or it could be different ways of life that go with your religion. So the dwarves can do titans and goblins can do different business styles.

Then, in the end we kill the lieutenant of Murozond as the final boss. he can flip out and say you doomed the world and that could lead right in to a burning legion Xpac.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
I generally consider any 3rd faction concept dead on arrival.

It's not a matter of adding a couple more playable races then normal, we'd be talking about fundamentally rewriting the game from the ground up. So many parts of the game were implemented with the assumption that only the Horde and Alliance will be playable, to the point that we'd have something bigger then all previous expansions combined before we even begin to consider any new endgame content.

They could feasibly add a third faction if it was a special endgame only thing and served a neutralish role.

Some sort of mercenary faction level cap players could join via a time and gold intensive quest that allowed players to say, run BGs or instances as a member of either faction, with a con of.. I dunno, reduced rewards/more expensive everything from horde/alliance affiliated quests/npcs/events and some degree of mutual exclusivity for major factional things and some sort of rep penalty.

I agree they'd never add a third faction in the vein of the alliance or horde.

That aside, I'm thinking expansion 5 is going to be based on the Burning Legion. We have a lot of indications pointing towards it. The bulk of the expansion's content will likely deal with us invading a world occupied by the Burning Legion. Argus is most likely, but Xoroth wouldn't be out of the picture completely, it really depends on whether or not Blizzard is ready to make a Draenei expansion or not.

This is most likely, but I Honestly feel we're a little premature for the next major Legion expansion. I think a South Seas/Underwater themed Azshara/N'zoth/Pirates expansion would be a better fit first, simply because there's so many loose ends left on Azeroth it seems like flying off into space immediately feels odd.
Edited by Aureus on 11/17/2012 5:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Just because we have lots of hints to a future Legion invasion doesn't mean that's next. They've been hinting at a lot of the other potential expansions since Vanilla.

I could definitely see Queen Ashara raising a large land mass and/or several smaller ones around the Maelstrom to act as a new continent. The end of the Lich King novel even has Arthas seeing a vision of something like that happening.
Edited by Kyoho on 11/18/2012 12:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I'm sure a fight like Sargeras would involve aid from pretty strong guardians (titans perhaps) along with them finishing him off at 10% or something like that. If Dragon Soul taught me one thing, it's that Blizzard knows what bosses should be tank and spanked and what bosses have to be killed from a distance.
Reply Quote
Just because we have lots of hints to a future Legion invasion doesn't mean that's next. They've been hinting at a lot of the other potential expansions since Vanilla.

I could definitely see Queen Ashara raising a large land mass and/or several smaller ones around the Maelstrom to act as a new continent. The end of the Lich King novel even has Arthas seeing a vision of something like that happening.

While I do agree with you that hints doesn't mean the expansion will be Legion themes you do have to remember something. Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner have been confirmed to be the next expansion and they were last seen on Draenor.

To be honest I actually forgot about that scene in Rise of the Lich King. I do wonder if Azshara is messing around with that Trident when the land comes up and stuff.
Reply Quote
67 Human Hunter
I reckon Blizard should add a new planet that's lawless, like te wild west, there could be bounties, gambling, another tram and best of all a Bounty Hunter class.
Reply Quote
96 Undead Warlock
01/31/2013 12:19 AMPosted by Ninjahue
I reckon Blizard should add a new planet that's lawless, like te wild west, there could be bounties, gambling, another tram and best of all a Bounty Hunter class.

A zone perhaps, but not a entire planet.

The Badlands, Barrens, Blasted Lands or Tanaris could be turned into a Wild West theme.

And I doubt Bounty Hunter would be a class. Like, I really doubt it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Sargeras will probably be the last baddie so I don't think we will see him anytime soon (were not ready for him anyway). Id like to see a new world.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]