Resto needs help the logs don't lie.

90 Night Elf Druid
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/hps/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/hps/

I linked the world of logs pages for msv and hof.

In Mogu'shan there are a handful of druids who ranked,in Heart of Fear there isn't a single ranking druid. Let me guess working as intended right?
90 Tauren Druid
While we may not be at the top of hps at present, it has less to do with where we as druids are, and more to do with where the other healers are. =\

We still get by and are completely viable for every fight.
90 Troll Druid
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/hps/
http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Heart_of_Fear/hps/

I linked the world of logs pages for msv and hof.

In Mogu'shan there are a handful of druids who ranked,in Heart of Fear there isn't a single ranking druid. Let me guess working as intended right?

You're comparing us to who? We all know the monk deal. But to state that we don't 'rank' is wrong. Click MORE under each listing and then click RESTO DRUID.

We need a little love but we're more than capable of healing any encounter and in the end that's all that matters right?
100 Tauren Druid
This is why we rarely get buffed.

You must join in unison and cry, like priests.

Currently I feel like a support for the other healer and no more. We're just potatoes to the steak of the raid.

Mushrooms and comparative mana regen to other classes would be nice. (Im looking at you disc priests! Though that just needs to be nerfed)
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/18/2012 8:32 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Mana regen for disc is awful. Who do you play with?
90 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Soldaera

Have you played Disc since November 7th?
100 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Soldaera

People with more than 5000 spirit for starters.
Disc priests are regenning approx 800-900k mana during a normal Elegon encounter.

Compared to my 200k.

Thanks for playing.
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/18/2012 9:33 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Disc priests are regenning approx 800-900k mana during a normal Elegon encounter.

Compared to my 200k.

Thanks for playing.

I forgot that Disc Priests have Omen of Clarity.

Our mechanics give us direct mana back, yours allow you to cast expensive spells for free. You can't ignore OoC as a form of regen, Druid mana is absolutely balanced around it. Not saying it's as good as/better than Rapture, but you can't leave it out of the equation.
100 Tauren Druid

Compared to my 200k.

Thanks for playing.

Our mechanics give us direct mana back, yours allow you to cast expensive spells for free. You can't ignore OoC as a form of regen, Druid mana is absolutely balanced around it. Not saying it's as good as/better than Rapture, but you can't leave it out of the equation.

Which does not work on Hots....
We have one spell that will work for, Regrowth. (because HT is garbage now and nobody with half a brain uses it)An emergency heal...hmph...Yeah that's the same thing as regen...? Huh?

Typical top 3 heals for a druid;
Rejuv
Wild Growth
Lifebloom

OOC does absolutely nothing for the large percentage of druid heals. Don't give me that garbage please. It regens nothing and is entirely situational, which the druid cannot control whatsoever.
Edited by Tonydanza on 11/18/2012 9:53 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
HC
We're not that bad guys...............
5 Human Warlock

Compared to my 200k.

Thanks for playing.

The problem with OOC is that it only gives us mana for spells that make up the bottom portion of our EH. It would be interesting to get a measure of the OH for these casts. I use a good portion of mine to refresh LB on topped up tanks.
90 Blood Elf Priest
The problem with OOC is that it only gives us mana for spells that make up the bottom portion of our EH. It would be interesting to get a measure of the OH for these casts. I use a good portion of mine to refresh LB on topped up tanks.

Oh, I fully understand that OoC isn't ideal, but denying it as a source of longevity is just ignorant (like Tony is trying to do). If you're never using them, even to refresh LB, then your mana isn't gonna last as long as someone who does use OoC. AKA longevity/regen.
Edited by Qùess on 11/18/2012 10:00 AM PST
5 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Qùess

Oh, I fully understand that OoC isn't ideal, but denying it as a source of longevity is just ignorant (like Tony is trying to do). If you're never using them, even to refresh LB, then your mana isn't gonna last as long as someone who does use OoC. AKA longevity/regen.

Yes it does contribute especially when used with Incarnation. However to compare, it would be like your Rapture procs giving you a free FH or GH that you have to use within 15 seconds or the savings disappears. Mana is not stored and it would not apply to PW:S. So the contribution towards longevity are minimal with much of the mana being wasted on over heals. And in fact it's becoming clear that many druids are having mana issues while coming in low on the meters so indeed that points to a problem with regen.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/18/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Merise
And in fact it's becoming clear that many druids are having mana issues while coming in low on the meters so indeed that points to a problem with regen.

What would you recommend as a solution? Revitalize? Clearcast allows Rejuv? I worry about Revitalize and if it would be too much. Back on the Beta when Druids had it, their effective regen was much higher than anyone elses.
100 Worgen Druid
11/18/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Fleurs
We're not that bad guys...............

Fluers, I have seen you repeat this general sentiment in threads like these.

I am just curious what it is based on? Is it personal experience?

Because from what I can tell, you are healing 10-mans with only 2 other classes (saw a pally once), so your understanding of ranking across all specs would be very limited. Also, it seems like you are currently not healing, and dpsing... And when you have healed, you are quite a bit behind your shaman and monk (who appear to be your main healers, big surprise). To be honest, it looks like any fight you did heal you were eventually swapped to DPS for the kill.....

Not to go all sherlock on you, but i had the impression you were actually competitively healing this tier...
Edited by Fangthorn on 11/18/2012 11:05 AM PST
90 Tauren Druid
I think resto druids are still viable on every fight. The problem is that there are specific reasons to bring other healers and no specific reasons to bring resto druids. Resto druids no longer fill an niche that other classes can't fill better. Other classes bring higher hps and more cooldowns. And the biggest problem is that we have no burst healing. Wild mushrooms could have finally given us burst healing, but blizz has left it a useless spell. Why would you ever want a resto druid over a monk or shaman?
100 Worgen Druid
^^^ exactly.

We have one fight we bring an advantage. That being Lei Shi using the gimmick of Tranq+SWG from symbiosis. I might have put Blade Lord in there, but using that gimmick on one tornado run down is completely overshadowed by our uselessness on the first 75% of the fight.

Other than that, other classes offer more, either in raw throughput, or cd's. Even on a cd to cd basis, our tranq is a bit lackluster to its counterparts, hymn and HTT.
Edited by Fangthorn on 11/18/2012 11:12 AM PST
100 Tauren Druid

Other than that, other classes offer more, either in raw throughput, or cd's. Even on a cd to cd basis, our tranq is a bit lackluster to its counterparts, hymn and HTT.

I think it's pretty comparable to Hymn, but agree with HTT being far better .
100 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 09:59 AMPosted by Qùess

Going to ignore my post and just call me ignorant I see. Nice copout.
5 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Qùess
And in fact it's becoming clear that many druids are having mana issues while coming in low on the meters so indeed that points to a problem with regen.

What would you recommend as a solution? Revitalize? Clearcast allows Rejuv? I worry about Revitalize and if it would be too much. Back on the Beta when Druids had it, their effective regen was much higher than anyone elses.

We've always been damage buffering healers with our HoTs which can be highly effective if we are able to sustain casting. At this point we cannot and so our usefulness is diminished. We're not that far off and a reduction in costs on the order of 25% would likely solve the problem. Of course the danger is that we go back to Rejuv spamming but what the heck, I Riptide blanket on my Shaman now anyway.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]