Resto needs help the logs don't lie.

1 Night Elf Rogue
Niche of damage buffering has really been taken over by Disc priests and their massively op Spirit Shell ability.
OOC as mana regen gets wasted somewhat or a lot on overhealing but look at post above with disc priest regain of mana stat
Which means that disc priests can pop spirit shell and overheal all they want (it gets added as shield) which is the ultimate damage buffering :d
Any resto druids tracking absorbs from spirit shell on their ui?

Tranq was a niche but then HTT lords over it as many people have pointed out.
The problem is Tree form has had no work done in a long long time so it really looks antiquated to what other healers have gained in this expansion.
90 Human Death Knight
Dear god please give them a buff so that instead of 90 percent of heals pvp side are druid, it will go up to 99 percent!!
100 Tauren Druid
11/18/2012 01:27 PMPosted by Linkded
Dear god please give them a buff so that instead of 90 percent of heals pvp side are druid, it will go up to 99 percent!!

-.-

All they have to do is buff mushrooms and look at mana regen.

I see neither of these having a significant impact on PvP. Granted I no longer PvP, but given other healers have better mana regen I can't see that making people pick druids more.

And lets face it, Mushrooms are soooo bad I have serious doubts they've ever been used in PvP. It's not a spell that could ever be good in PvP.
85 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Fangthorn
Not to go all sherlock on you, but i had the impression you were actually competitively healing this tier...

Ad hominem gets you nowhere.

We're a bit behind, but every non-Monk healing spec is within a 10% spread, and historically that's pretty phenomenal as far as healer balance goes.

We're not that bad.
50 Human Priest
http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/10N/all/14/60/default/#fo00000

Everybody looks decent. OP is dumb.

Note: select shaman and the other priest spec to see theirs too, its not remembering.
5 Human Warlock
11/18/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Shadowysight
Niche of damage buffering has really been taken over by Disc priests and their massively op Spirit Shell ability.

Our priest went MIA early on because she started out as holy and after a few raids basically felt she was useless. Recently she came back and with a vengeance after switching to disc. Last raid our normally astute MW Monk was looking over the logs and asked WTF is this Spirit Shell? After getting an explanation he was like, holy crap she's almost as OP as me!
100 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Tonydanza

-.-

All they have to do is buff mushrooms and look at mana regen.

Yeah druids aren't asking for really. Not a huge buff. Not to be OP. Just enough mana to be able to keep up during an entire fight and be a little competitive on HPS. And for a spell to be USEFUL cause right now most of us are ignoring it cause it's too slow and clunky.

A balance in mana cost to make me want to Healing Touch over Regrowth, Rejuv a little cheaper, these are all simple fixes. Or let us regen 1% of our maximum mana like we used to be able to. Or put innervate on a 2 min CD. I mean all we need is a simple mana fix and a tweak to a spell!
90 Troll Druid
HC
11/18/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Fangthorn
We're not that bad guys...............

Fluers, I have seen you repeat this general sentiment in threads like these.

I am just curious what it is based on? Is it personal experience?

Because from what I can tell, you are healing 10-mans with only 2 other classes (saw a pally once), so your understanding of ranking across all specs would be very limited. Also, it seems like you are currently not healing, and dpsing... And when you have healed, you are quite a bit behind your shaman and monk (who appear to be your main healers, big surprise). To be honest, it looks like any fight you did heal you were eventually swapped to DPS for the kill.....

Not to go all sherlock on you, but i had the impression you were actually competitively healing this tier...

I've healed every boss this tier.... Our kills may not have all of them with me healing, but that's purely because I'm playing the floater of either dpsing or healing. And it's a well-known fact you gear your DPS before your tank/healer.

So, yes, it's from my experience of doing all the fights that I have done, that resto is not in nearly as bad of a spot you all are making it out to be.

I'm not saying we don't need changes, because we do. I have been saying from day 1 that shrooms need to be worked on. And I also think considering our spell for single-target is also our main raid-heal, we should have some kind of leniency towards mana flexibility. Meaning, give us revitalize back, put a 2 min cd on innervate (or something), decrease cost of rejuv... Something along those lines.

But to say the sky is falling and to cry about it like priests did in the beginning of this tier is just wrong. We are not being sat outside of top tier progression guilds (and that is not something to base balance off of).
90 Tauren Paladin
At the end of the day as long as the boss dies and people have survived that's all that really matters right?
and HPS REALLY does not matter unless you break it down piece by peace to see where things are going wrong

On my guild's kill of Stone Guard our holy Priest was 1st on HPS, I was second and our MW monk was third does that mean either the monk or myself are bad?

No,

As overall between the three of us we averaged about 31% of the healing each..
ergo all three of us pulled our weight
but when you break things down I had higher absorbs than the other healers AND I had the least over healing where as our priest had the highest over heals, I think close to 30% of her spells were over heals...

anyway.. I digress

the point is, you don't NEED to be 1st on HPS
and if you play your class right mana is a non-issue

the only thing I will agree with is buffing the mushrooms as they are rather pathetic at the moment...
aside from that... I don't really see the problem.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/18/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Anarri

Ad hominem gets you nowhere.

We're a bit behind, but every non-Monk healing spec is within a 10% spread, and historically that's pretty phenomenal as far as healer balance goes.

We're not that bad.

This is not a "bit" behind, and all specs are not within 10%, half are over 10% ahead of druids and all are ahead by some margin:

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/#fo00000

Anyway, get your fact straight or at least bother to look at your source, especially if you are going to comment about classes you have no relevant experience with.
90 Tauren Druid
This is not a "bit" behind, and all specs are not within 10%, half are over 10% ahead of druids and all are ahead by some margin:

Anyway, get your fact straight or at least bother to look at your source, especially if you are going to comment about classes you have no relevant experience with.

In the context of 25m, I will concede that druids have fallen a bit behind. This is largely due to the strength of mistweaver and disc (and how those healers interact with rdruids), but also because 25man hps ratings highlight our two major weaknesses - lack of burst aoe healing and a relatively poor raid cooldown.

At the same time, we are not in a terrible place - we are perfectly capable of healing any encounter in the game at present without being dead weight. If mushrooms/tranq are buffed and mistweaver/disc are brought into line, druids will see a nice surge on the meters.

In the context of 10m, we ARE doing fine, though.
100 Night Elf Druid
Being "OK" (while still dead last) is not acceptable. When you are on a competitive roster (it doesn't have to be top 10) that has a bench, it cuts into your raid time. We generally only being one druid to each fight, but have no qualms bringing two priests, two shamans etc...

This pattern is pretty common across all fights, many favor monks/shamans/priests and leave the druid fighting for that last spot, and in the end less raid time.
Edited by Fangthorn on 11/19/2012 9:00 AM PST
5 Human Warlock

In the context of 25m, I will concede that druids have fallen a bit behind. This is largely due to the strength of mistweaver and disc (and how those healers interact with rdruids), but also because 25man hps ratings highlight our two major weaknesses - lack of burst aoe healing and a relatively poor raid cooldown.

At the same time, we are not in a terrible place - we are perfectly capable of healing any encounter in the game at present without being dead weight. If mushrooms/tranq are buffed and mistweaver/disc are brought into line, druids will see a nice surge on the meters.

In the context of 10m, we ARE doing fine, though.

We are behind in 10m also. In those oh crap situations when the entire raid is at 10%, I just watch as our other healers blow everything and bring the entire raid back up in a few seconds while I channel my rather lackluster tranq. In fact our MW says outright not to worry since he can do that all by himself. I mean our shaman can cast HR, blow HTT and chain CH or bomb out 1.5 sec 200K GHWs because he has tidal waves up almost continuously while I am stuck in a channeled cast. That's gotta be twice the burst I can manage. When I look at the parses later on I can see those situations and I'm like, did I actually tranq?
90 Blood Elf Priest
Druids definitely lack burst, but it's hard to say they're doing bad in 10m.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10N/100/14/60/default/#fo00000

(top 100 parses)

All the healers are within 6 points of each-other, except for Holy Priests who are getting some decent buffs in 5.1.

http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Spec_Score/10N/all/14/60/default/#fo00000

When you look at "all parses" which is of a more varying skill-set, Druids actually move ahead of Shaman in 10's. I don't really see any evidence that they're falling behind there, only in 25's. Druids don't really have any spells that scale up with 25's like other healers do, so it seems obvious that they wouldn't keep up (which is not fair and is a flaw on the parts of Devs).
Edited by Qùess on 11/19/2012 10:24 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
HC
Being "OK" (while still dead last) is not acceptable. When you are on a competitive roster (it doesn't have to be top 10) that has a bench, it cuts into your raid time. We generally only being one druid to each fight, but have no qualms bringing two priests, two shamans etc...

This pattern is pretty common across all fights, many favor monks/shamans/priests and leave the druid fighting for that last spot, and in the end less raid time.

-.- I have this gut feeling that you were benched or something and you're taking it very personally, but let me assure you that it's not because of your class.

Druids need help, need some attention, but the sky is not falling and we're not doing badly as you make it out to be. As I've said numerous times, rejuv being our single-target and raid-heal is why we're suffering. Because it just costs too much mana to use it as much as we need to in order to stay competitive in a 25m environment. And that's supposed to be where shrooms come in, but they are so lackluster that it's not even worth placing.
85 Night Elf Druid

It saddens me to think you believe a single spec score graph is indicative of healer performance across multiple raids, raid sizes and difficulty levels.

11/19/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Fangthorn
Being "OK" (while still dead last) is not acceptable.

Sorry, but only one spec gets to be the "best," and one spec has to be the "worst," and I don't think the current scenario is clear-cut enough to declare a general-purpose "worst" spec. We might not be on top, but you'd be hard pressed to say we're on the bottom in 10s (I'll agree we're not great in 25s, but I've literally been complaining about our lack of scaling for years), and like I said, healer balance is in a pretty good place overall right now.

11/19/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Merise
In those oh crap situations when the entire raid is at 10%, I just watch as our other healers blow everything and bring the entire raid back up in a few seconds while I channel my rather lackluster tranq.

We are raid stabilizers. Stop trying to fill a role you can't fill, and maybe you'll understand why we aren't as horrible as you think.

11/19/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Fangthorn
especially if you are going to comment about classes you have no relevant experience with.

You realize I mained a druid throughout Cata, right? If you think the addition of Mushrooms is enough to shatter my knowledge of the class, you're more than a little ignorant.
50 Human Priest
11/19/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Fangthorn

Its 100% acceptable. Someone has to be last. If you are "OK", then what's the problem? Stop spreading your idiocy.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Anarri
You realize I mained a druid throughout Cata, right? If you think the addition of Mushrooms is enough to shatter my knowledge of the class, you're more than a little ignorant.

Yes, your Cata experience (and everywhere) is quite extraordinary. Looks like you spent one day raiding, killing a couple normal bosses here and there. I have seen more experience on people doing transmog runs...

Lets be honest, you have minimal experience healing as a druid in raids. Don't pretend to be something you are not.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]