Resto needs help the logs don't lie.

90 Worgen Druid
I haven't really had the time to compile a huge post with statistics in it like some of the other progression-minded druids here (my guild would have way more bosses down if we raided more than 2-3 nights a week, had steady attendance, and didn't have to rotate tanks and healers for the first month of MoP.... and people keep pulling the 'casual' card on us -_-), and won't have the time for a while -- so instead I'll post just to say that I agree. Resto needs help.

Just a random idea, what if we received a talent similar to the resto shaman's HP buff? Right now, resto shammies are the only class that can give your raid an hp buff like that, which kinda sucks for 10 mans. Although buffs have been homogenized, healers are still distinct and pull ahead of each other in very unique ways.

Give resto druids something.
90 Troll Druid
nourish is useless, rejuv on 3 targets with any gear however is not a problem.
Edited by Halfatree on 11/27/2012 7:30 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
The lack of attention in 5.1 is disheartening. A small change or two is all that is neeed but it seems they are leaving us alone for now. As many druids would agree, shrooms should be part of our toolkit and a reliable part of our toolkit but it's not in most fights.
90 Night Elf Druid
Kind of expecting shroom hotfixes later on but who knows

They might just not feel it's high-priority enough to do anything until a more major patch.
I think it is rather sad that the tier is practically almost over and resto druids got about 0 attention. They better at least give us some love for T15 ;/
5 Human Warlock
11/26/2012 11:28 PMPosted by Botty
I think it is rather sad that the tier is practically almost over and resto druids got about 0 attention. They better at least give us some love for T15 ;/

Holy crap Botty, 499 gear? What are you finding to be the major issues? And are you 10 or 25 man?
25 man, also its "only" 496 equipped ;P the issues are not mana really for me but the fact that other classes have burst healing and rejuv gets sniped hardcore, fights are designed for a lot of movement so swiftment is not always optimal, best example today for heroic shek'zeer, usually you'd go with swiftmending the melee as they are always stacked but phase 1 melee practically takes 0 damage (unless an unmitigated Cry of Terror is out) and the rest of the raid is spread, the only thing to heal was pretty much Dread Screech every 5 seconds or so (not very much damage) so wild growth would maybe get one tick off before ppl were healed up and using it on CD doesnt do anything as it tends to not apply at all if no one has a health deficit.

Pre hotting is impossible too as you dont know who's gonna get hit. Then for the Sonic Discharge you can put a couple rejuv up front but then you have cooldowns set up to heal the raid up asap so the rejuv get sniped and mostly wasted as well. All of these mechanics are just basically one example of where a resto druid struggles as we do not have the necessary tools to deal with certain types of dmg mechanics as well as other classes. Phase 2 is a different story entirely but I explained phase 1 as an example for the type of situation we struggle with.
Edited by Botty on 11/27/2012 1:11 AM PST
90 Goblin Priest
Really tony, for once druids are not a close second behind paladins and you need to complain?
Not ranking sounds like more of a personal problem. Since i mean, all the other druids are playing with the same spellbook, and YOU can't rank.....
90 Orc Death Knight
Really tony, for once druids are not a close second behind paladins and you need to complain?
Not ranking sounds like more of a personal problem. Since i mean, all the other druids are playing with the same spellbook, and YOU can't rank.....

Idk but I think he meant ranking in the top 200 overall classes, not limited to druids.
100 Night Elf Druid
Oh wow. When bad things happen, they never come alone. I took 2 days off the game (and the forums) to take care of my sick mom, only to see one of my WoL's posted all over these forums. Really classy, but then again, I have nothing to hide.

Two things though (Thanks Skilly for noticing):

a. I was indeed healing the kiters on the Garalon fight (for the first time), since we had no Paladins that night. The way we setup the fight, it was indeed far away from the rest of the raid. That explains my low WG uptime, and my low tranquility, because i was trying to focus on a new assignment.

b. The whole night, not only for Garalon, I was iterating between HoTW, Incarnation, Soul of the Forest and Nature's Vigil, trying to find which would work better for the fight. I do that for progression nights to determine what works better for me, and its part of me taking risks for the sake of serving better my team.

I don't regret anything I posted, and I still believe in that we need a mechanical fix. If my attention wasn't focused elsewhere right now, I'd probably take more time answering some of the last posts.
90 Troll Druid
I haven't read the thread besides the first post, but I can say I agree entirely that we need something.

Mana returns back from Lifebloom with a DR on the return. Also mushrooms need some attention because right now they're not so appealing.

A few suggestions I can put out is to reduce the GCD to put them up. Another is as it detonates to put a short HoT on the targets effected by the detonate (like Tranquility and as it stacks to 3 depending on how many mushrooms hit the target). Of course the HoT wouldn't heal for too much, that would be op. =-=
50 Human Priest
Oh wow. When bad things happen, they never come alone. I took 2 days off the game (and the forums) to take care of my sick mom, only to see one of my WoL's posted all over these forums. Really classy, but then again, I have nothing to hide.

Don't post logs in a public place if you don't want the public to have access. Don't blame the people that posted them for your mistake.
90 Night Elf Druid
Don't post logs in a public place if you don't want the public to have access. Don't blame the people that posted them for your mistake.

Posts like this are pointless and catty. Please stick to the topic at hand.

Druids are not showing to be in desperate need of buffs. They aren't 50% or more behind other healers like Disc was. There was no possible justification for Disc's output, so it was buffed. Druids are within a 10% spread against other healers (monks aren't people), that's balanced.

Balance should based on healing as a whole (HPS, longevity, mana regen, utility, etc), not just on the throughput numbers. While I agree the situation certainly isn't desperate, there is a bit of disparity in terms of burst.

I know a lot of the druids here have been a little overly-emotional about the situation, but it's not like they're asking to be #1 and on top of the world.
50 Human Priest
11/28/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Sherbear
Posts like this are pointless and catty. Please stick to the topic at hand.

Ethrundil is just attacking the people that disagree with him/her. That is all. It has nothing to do with the logs. It has all to do with people pointing out his/her mistakes which has great bearing on his/her point in this thread.

11/28/2012 02:53 PMPosted by Sherbear
I know a lot of the druids here have been a little overly-emotional about the situation, but it's not like they're asking to be #1 and on top of the world.
\

Not all of them but most in this thread has. That is the problem. Not everyone can be in first place or be able to get to first place. Some of these druids seem feel entitled to being able to be first place. That is just silly. I think it stems from being in first place for so long that its just expected. First place is nothing but a musical chair and these druids that feel entitled need to realize that. Just because you aren't in first place doesn't mean your throughput is lacking.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Seems to me like resto druids could use some love for 25 mans.
Wildgrowth does not cut it, rejuv blankets are not efficient enough for 25 man.

How are efflo and mushrooms working? I see from raiding with restos that those things are not cutting it, but would like to know why. Do they not heal for enough? Cost to much? Take to long?
Cumbersome positional requirements?
40 Orc Warlock
Efflo only hits 3 targets near the swiftmend-ed target.
Mushrooms take too much time to prep and explode for such mediocre numbers.
100 Night Elf Druid
11/28/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Niktesla

What mistake is that pray tell? What exactly did I do? Like I said I have nothing to hide. However, I feel there's a line that was crossed. Where do we draw the line? Do we start posting WoL's of everyone we disagree with, making one sided, skewed conclusions that can be and were interpreted in a number of ways?

Personal attacks of that exact nature are generally frowned upon, and don't contribute at all to the subject at hand. Sadly, that seem to be the direction this thread is taking. Typical troll behavior.
Edited by Ethrundil on 11/29/2012 12:31 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
11/28/2012 09:03 PMPosted by Niktesla
Ethrundil is just attacking the people that disagree with him/her. That is all. It has nothing to do with the logs. It has all to do with people pointing out his/her mistakes which has great bearing on his/her point in this thread.

We could say exactly the same about you. You are great at pointing in others flaws that are obviously your own.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the fact that druids need love is becoming commonplace knowledge. It is a matter of time before the concept gains traction. No one is feeling entitled and our mechanics need to be adjusted.

The problem in this thread is exactly that. We have one or two posters that feel they are entitled to pontificate about a class they don't even play. They are trying to flat out deny the issues, using amazing generalizations like "I know what balances looks like" ,"You are Fine" "You are making this about the meters". God forbid anyone who try to opposed their views.

Balance is not a game of musical chairs with one class destined to be at the top and one class destined to be at the bottom even if it is for a short period of time. It's more like a line with many peaks and valleys affected by encounter design, class mechanics, Assignment, skill and other variables.
Edited by Ethrundil on 11/29/2012 12:42 AM PST
100 Night Elf Druid
Efflo only hits 3 targets near the swiftmend-ed target.
Mushrooms take too much time to prep and explode for such mediocre numbers.

Yes, I have mentioned a few times that Wild Growth seem buggy and Efflorescence seem less powerful than before. Wild mushrooms spell seem to be next to be the subject of some iteration by Blizzard, so there's definitely hope.

Its important to make our voice known and raise our voice over the trolls.
Edited by Ethrundil on 11/29/2012 12:44 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]