So which faction represents "Darkness" best?

90 Human Warrior
In their original concept, Night Elves were much darker than what they ended up as in WCIII. They used women as servants, rather than treat them as equals. And they lived in mountain caves, rather than normal villages/trees.

I honestly kind of wish at least some of that flavour was brought back.

Ewww....you really want to bring the vengeance of the females? NO THANKS
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
In their original concept, Night Elves were much darker than what they ended up as in WCIII. They used women as servants, rather than treat them as equals. And they lived in mountain caves, rather than normal villages/trees.

I honestly kind of wish at least some of that flavour was brought back.

Oh please, all the female night elf players here are angry all the time anyways!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Oh please, all the female night elf players here are angry all the time anyways!

You incite them! Very unwise
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/18/2012 05:55 PMPosted by Draile
“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”

Tonight we are the law....I am the law.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
The ground of Hyjal is bright during the day and the water glitters from the Well of Eternity's Arcane energy yet the sky itself is clearly filled with stars yet it is much brighter and more brilliant then most other night skys in Azeroth(even more brilliant then the eternal night sky of Storm Peaks I think).
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warrior
Good thread, I'd argue that the main reason that Forsaken are darker than the Worgen is just because the Worgen never get to reconnect with their gothic architecture after Gilneas is over. Despite that, however, the Worgen do retain some pretty creepy aesthetics, such as how their trees tend to end up looking like. I'm fairly sure it isn't a decaying type of tree either but one that is twisted and looks "cursed" so to speak... resembling the Worgen themselves. That's at least one reason I've given for why the Howling Oak has been pretty okay with me.

But man... would Hallow's End look even better if all of those pumpkins were occupying Victorian architecture instead of feeling out of place in a medieval kingdom like Stormwind.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
Since we're saying factions can we just say the Forsaken since technically they could be considered a faction?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
11/18/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Vynathlon
Since we're saying factions can we just say the Forsaken since technically they could be considered a faction?

You could.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/18/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Vynathlon

Pre WoW's conception I'd totally prefer them being their own faction.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
Gilneas is the fifth darkest faction in my eyes, The Burning Legion is fourth darkest, Forsaken is third darkest, Scourge second darkest and The Sha/Twilight's Hammer/Old Gods are the darkest Faction I have ever seen and they are the reason the Scourge is as dark as it is(they wasen't as dark before they started using Saronite).

if I my answer is not what you're expecting you did ask which faction was darkest and I answered it to the best to my knowlege.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You did indeed. I simply didn't think of NPC factions.

The Burning Legion I would say is evil more so than anything else. Yes, they're dark, but they're also brutally evil. Kind of the point, really.

The Scourge though? Even they aren't quite so insidious as the Forsaken. Kel'Thuzad wrote it plain: The Scourge has a sort of culture as it's own. They don't consider themselves evil, just servants. But they perpetuate the idea that they're evil to their enemies for a psychological advantage. The entire faction is really about domination and servitude.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
The Scourge buildings built out of Saronite in Icecrown are creepier and darker then The Forsaken areas and that's because they're using the blood of The Old Gods, The Bastion of Twilight Darker than Icecrown Citadel with the main difference between them is that Icecrown is dark and icy and some of it's areas(namely the Crimson Hall) are a bit lighter then the other's while The Bastion of Twilight is dark and fiery all the way through which makes the Twilight's Hammer scarier then the Scourge in darkness what's more The Twilight's Hammer have a larger number of scary dungeons and raids(Obsidian Sanctum, Blackwing Descent, Blackrock Caverns, Stonecore, End Time, Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom, Ulduar, Bastion of Twilight, Hour of Twilight and Dragon Soul vs Scourge's Scholomance, Stratholme, Naxxramas, Azjol-Nerub, The Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection and Icecrown Citadel giving Twilight's Hammer 10 scary instances over the Scourge's 8). The Sha are even Darker then the Twilight's Hammer and are infact the shadows of one of their 5 Old God masters, the Sha-tainted ground is darker and creepier then anywhere else and the sky of those Sha-tainted area's are scarier, eviler and darker then any sky I've seen
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
11/18/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Archpaladin
Gilneas is the fifth darkest faction in my eyes, The Burning Legion is fourth darkest, Forsaken is third darkest, Scourge second darkest and The Sha/Twilight's Hammer/Old Gods are the darkest Faction I have ever seen and they are the reason the Scourge is as dark as it is(they wasen't as dark before they started using Saronite).
Why would you say the Forsaken is darker than the Burning Legion?
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
I'd say the Sha are Darkness incarnate

or the Old Gods
Edited by Tevinter on 11/18/2012 11:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2012 11:01 PMPosted by Vynathlon

They're creepier?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
11/18/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Archpaladin

They're creepier?
Well I mean sure their entire society revolves around death but still the Burning Legion was the ones that created the Scourge and therefore the Forsaken, and the Forsaken still value free will. If you're captured by the Burning Legion they'll likely kill you and then destroy your soul as well. Besides if you mean darker as in motives then the Burning Legion is much more evil than the Forsaken. At the most the Forsaken want to kill everyone in the world and turn them into Forsaken, for the Burning Legion however, it's been said that they want to destroy any worlds colonized by the Titans who are the order giving race in the universe. If anything their motives and effects completely outweigh the Forsaken's motives.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/18/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Draile
Sylvanas could kick Tyrande's !@# any day, no matter who is writing Tyrande. Elune's hand maiden lost my vote when she got the Peggy Bundy haircut.

She last half my vote when they made her look like Tsunade from Naruto.

I personally would say Worgen for Alliance and Forsaken for Horde.

Why?

Worgen seem to embrace their darkness inside. They control it.

Forsaken seems obvious.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Tyrande still has my vote for slapping Sylvanas around like a broken puppy, as dismal as Tyrande's character has become....

Darkest Horde is Forsaken.

Alliance is either Night Elf or Worgen, depending on how you look at it.

Night Elves got the whole sacrifice, burn it all until nothing moves type thing.

Worgen have a biological imperative to kill.
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Paladin

They're creepier?
Well I mean sure their entire society revolves around death but still the Burning Legion was the ones that created the Scourge and therefore the Forsaken, and the Forsaken still value free will. If you're captured by the Burning Legion they'll likely kill you and then destroy your soul as well. Besides if you mean darker as in motives then the Burning Legion is much more evil than the Forsaken. At the most the Forsaken want to kill everyone in the world and turn them into Forsaken, for the Burning Legion however, it's been said that they want to destroy any worlds colonized by the Titans who are the order giving race in the universe. If anything their motives and effects completely outweigh the Forsaken's motives.

I've said Darker and Creepier not eviler.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DarkIsNotEvil
Forsaken are visually Darker then their creators' creators.
Infact Kil'Jaeden used The Light to overwhelm Nerzhul with brilliance on Draenor(considering Priestess Delrissa who's a demon uses the Light to heal her lackeys we must assume her boss Kil'Jaeden was using The Light as well and not preforming an illusion).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]