Fireblast glyph shouldn't effect Frost Bomb

90 Goblin Mage
Step 2:
Remove glyph of deep freeze

Whats the deal with this Blizzard?

What do you love that mages execute anything inside a stun every 30s? do you think it is skill?

Of course the entitled crybabies cant acept any compromise, ever!!!

Soul Reaper undispelable too plz Blizz, i will start acting like a spoiled little brat (just like mages do) so DKs can be broken overpowered too.

Suggest a compromise. All I've read in this thread have been one sided nerfs.

Because it really doesn't need one. Stop feeling so self-entitled because we get treated like royalty.

In any case,

11/19/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Skootalloo

And then all the Fire Mages lost every last bit of their cleave, leaving them with crap damage when it comes to more than 1 target.

Yeah, that certainly won't cause more issues than it "fixes".

I would just say remove the Frost Bomb portion from the glyph. That, or cause its slowing effect when you use Fire Blast/Inferno Blast.

To be fair, a glyph shouldn't be necessary for your AoE to function correctly.

Personally, I'd build the glyph's functionality into Inferno Blast if it really is that necessary for Fire, then change the glyph to do something else.

there's your compromise.

----> Point

----> Your head.

No, I think you missed my point.

I'm sorry that your bias prevents you from understanding why this needs to be addressed. There's already been an obvious suggestion made for fire so they retain the glyph's functionality. However, instant exploding Frost Bomb needs to go.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
11/19/2012 07:13 PMPosted by Flintte
Why do mages think nerfing frost bomb will screw them over in PvE? You have 2 other bombs to chose from. God damn I hate this game sometimes.

Saying "you have 2 other bombs to choose from" COMPLETELY destroys the purpose of the new talents. That's an unacceptable answer, every talent is supposed to be a choice. Letting one talent be weaker due to PvP and justifying that PvE players should just skip that talent undermines the new streamlined talent trees. All of the talents should be equally useful on an average fight; yes, that isn't necessarily the case right now, but the last thing we need is more examples of lopsided talent tiers.

There are possible compromises you can make without nerfing the total damage output for PvE. Have the glyph detonate the bomb, but spread the damage over, say, 6 seconds to reduce the burst. Make the glyph detonate the slow and half the damage immediately, and then the other half will come at the end of the duration. Nerf Deep Freeze so a Mage has a smaller window to Shatter their Frost Bomb. Make it so that when Frost Bomb is detonated by Fire Blast, it has a reduced/zero chance to proc Brain Freeze, reducing the additional burst of that instant Frostfire Bolt.

Sure, none of those are particularly elegant changes, but the point is that there are ways to reduce Frost's burst from Frost Bomb without gutting it for PvE.

This type of stupid argument is what is destroying the game. Sorry but stupid overpowered 8s CD bombs that take out 130k chunks of a persons HP should not exist in game. Its already a steaming pile when you have to already deal with a 30s I win CD called deep freeze.

Sorry but Dispel changes prevents a healer from spamming dispel on everything and pretty much healers only dispel deeps and full duration cc's now, so asking for dispel protection on frost bomb is pretty effing bad.

You should feel bad for even asking for compensation like this. You might as well ask for people to just hand you points in RBG/Arenas.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Sorry but Dispel changes prevents a healer from spamming dispel on everything and pretty much healers only dispel deeps and full duration cc's now, so asking for dispel protection on frost bomb is pretty effing bad.

You should feel bad for even asking for compensation like this. You might as well ask for people to just hand you points in RBG/Arenas.
Reply Quote
79 Human Warlock
why do mages feel they deserve compensation for every nerf therefore nullifying said nerf...

what is this...i dont even... frost bomb is about the most retarded thing ever with that glyph...i love getting wtfpwnt when my healers dispel is on cd and getting nuked in a deepfreeze from 100-0 with no skill from the mages end...lol this game i swear

blizzard needs to stop catering to whining little creetins and actually look at QoL, numbers and true functionality/viability for classes instead of threads like this all about wahhhhhhhhhhh my deepfreeze is 4 seconds instead of 5 its gonna kill my soloing while truly thats a "dont nerf me bro i like pwning in pvp"

seriously...just shut it mages

ps i realize this about the fireblast glyph and frost bomb...but that was just an example of the bull!@#$ i see
Edited by Ruïn on 11/19/2012 9:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
- The glyph of fire blast should not effect frost bomb as the instant explosion causes far too much damage.
- Make the functionality for fire baseline, and same for arcane so that they don't miss the glyph. (as suggested by posters in this thread)
- I don't believe we even need a compensation for frost since there's too much damage and utility, but if something has to be given it could just spread the slow or the dot effect (as suggested by posters in this thread)

Fireblast glyph shouldn't effect Frost Bomb

* Edited to change content and title to something more appropriate

They need to make glyph of fireblast not usable in PvP like gag order treatment
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
BnR
11/19/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Reiñhart

This, but Mages want it all, WANT IT ALL...

Biggest baby knee jerking nerf reverting class in the game, historically proven over and over.

Thank god you babies have Tom Chilton, he's been lovin' Mages since Ultima Online.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
11/20/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Kìmmie

This, but Mages want it all, WANT IT ALL...

Biggest baby knee jerking nerf reverting class in the game, historically proven over and over.

Thank god you babies have Tom Chilton, he's been lovin' Mages since Ultima Online.

That would only be a start. You know they need to tone down some other stuff too. However, just as you have observed, it's evident that mages will remain in a perpetual state of a God class. Eventually we'll all roll mages until there won't be many other classes in pvp.

Only 10 levels to go.
Reply Quote
42 Draenei Mage
it's evident that mages will remain in a perpetual state of a God class. Eventually we'll all roll mages until there won't be many other classes in pvp.

Only 10 levels to go.

Always wondered why it's mages in particular people like to complain about being eternal gods of PvP and none of the other classes that have been on top basically every season since arena started (and even going back into vanilla were dominant PvP forces)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
This type of stupid argument is what is destroying the game. Sorry but stupid overpowered 8s CD bombs that take out 130k chunks of a persons HP should not exist in game. Its already a steaming pile when you have to already deal with a 30s I win CD called deep freeze.

Scatter Shot + Freezing Trap
Silencing Shot
Intimidation
Tranquilizing Shot
Bestial Wrath
Deterrence (+ Readiness)
Master's Call
Stampede
Trinket (if all above didn't avoid the Deep Freeze)
And... when 5.1 arrives, 100% mobility and 0% movement penalty.

Am I really reading a Hunter complaining about Mages control and burst?

Everytime I see a Warlock and a Hunter complaining about Mages, I need to cry a little bit.
Edited by Phöbös on 11/20/2012 9:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
anyone else?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Silencing Shot
Intimidation
Tranquilizing Shot
Bestial Wrath
Deterrence (+ Readiness)
Master's Call
Stampede

Everytime I see a Warlock and a Hunter complaining about Mages, I need to cry a little bit.

You're 1500.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 08:33 PMPosted by Mezasu

Saying "you have 2 other bombs to choose from" COMPLETELY destroys the purpose of the new talents. That's an unacceptable answer, every talent is supposed to be a choice. Letting one talent be weaker due to PvP and justifying that PvE players should just skip that talent undermines the new streamlined talent trees. All of the talents should be equally useful on an average fight; yes, that isn't necessarily the case right now, but the last thing we need is more examples of lopsided talent tiers.

There are possible compromises you can make without nerfing the total damage output for PvE. Have the glyph detonate the bomb, but spread the damage over, say, 6 seconds to reduce the burst. Make the glyph detonate the slow and half the damage immediately, and then the other half will come at the end of the duration. Nerf Deep Freeze so a Mage has a smaller window to Shatter their Frost Bomb. Make it so that when Frost Bomb is detonated by Fire Blast, it has a reduced/zero chance to proc Brain Freeze, reducing the additional burst of that instant Frostfire Bolt.

Sure, none of those are particularly elegant changes, but the point is that there are ways to reduce Frost's burst from Frost Bomb without gutting it for PvE.

First off, I don't even play a Mage.

Secondly, I didn't ask for dispel protection, I just said that the idea that it's ok to nerf a talent for PvE because Mages can just pick a different talent is unacceptable. If Frost Mages need a nerf in PvP, nerf em, but don't ruin anything for PvP Mages either.

Like Lhiv said, if Frost Bomb isn't affected by the glyph, then it's no longer a PvE choice, at least for Fire. The stuff I listed would still nerf the PvP burst without having much effect in PvE. Or you could even just make the glyph not work in arena. But don't nerf it across the board and screw up PvE.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock

Silencing Shot
Intimidation
Tranquilizing Shot
Bestial Wrath
Deterrence (+ Readiness)
Master's Call
Stampede

You're 1500.

Even though you're possibly correct, you're not allowed to post about someone's experience as a retort on the forums. You can actually get a 72 hour ban for that. When inquiring about why they'll say it's a personal attack and the forums are for attacking the discussion not the person.

You don't know how bad I want to state in all those rogue threads about their ratings or pve experience for that matter. If you check half the rogues complaining you'd get a good laugh.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
it's evident that mages will remain in a perpetual state of a God class. Eventually we'll all roll mages until there won't be many other classes in pvp.

Only 10 levels to go.

Always wondered why it's mages in particular people like to complain about being eternal gods of PvP and none of the other classes that have been on top basically every season since arena started (and even going back into vanilla were dominant PvP forces)

Because they're one of the most consistent, if not the most consistent, top teir specs. Not for one season, but almost every season.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
maybe change it to..

Your fireblast causes the remaining countdown of your frostbomb to be reduced by half.

so you frostbomb, fireblast. instead of exploding in 4 seconds, it takes 2 sec to explode.
if you fireblast at 3 seconds, it will explode 1.5 sec later.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
From what I've seen, most good mages don't even use this glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Because they're one of the most consistent, if not the most consistent, top teir specs. Not for one season, but almost every season.

Eh, Warlocks have been better every season, but they don't steamroll bads as quickly so they don't get complained about as much.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
you're not allowed to post about someone's experience as a retort on the forums. You can actually get a 72 hour ban for that

theres no way thats true. if it was i'd be perma banned at this point...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
11/22/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Swampdonkeys
From what I've seen, most good mages don't even use this glyph.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Jahmilli/advanced
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]