cross realm and the hacker and botters

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
this game was bad enuff but now with cross realms the botter and hackers are really getting bad, blizzard are you anything at to combat this and if you are making it leagal now please say so, cause its really getting out of control...thank you.
90 Gnome Warlock
Making what legal?!? Botting is against the rules, right click and report them if you suspect someone of botting. I haven't seen botting getting worse at all, every single on line game is going to unfortunately have bots. Not really sure what cross realms have to do with anything, that wouldn't effect bots one way or the other.
90 Gnome Warlock
Making what legal?!? Botting is against the rules, right click and report them if you suspect someone of botting. I haven't seen botting getting worse at all, every single on line game is going to unfortunately have bots. Not really sure what cross realms have to do with anything, that wouldn't effect bots one way or the other.

<removed>

There are botters, guranteed in every single BG I've run today. I've been counting them. After youtubeing a few videos of BG and bot I've come to realize the bots are more advanced, and more subtle. If you are paying attention you see them every BG. I ran IoC just 2 minutes ago, and I counted roughly 15-20 botters. They run out of gate. Stop. Run back and forth for about 20 seconds, and continue to their pre-assigned destination. They auto-attack and stay in groups to prevent dying. Actually all 3 times I ran IoC I spotted about 20 botters each. Go ahead youtube and learn.

No one said anything about BGs, the OP was talking about cross realm zones, which aren't in BGs. Blizzard has already acknowledged that BG botting has become a problem and that they are working on it. Also not all of those "bots" are actually bots (which is the problem Blizzard is having) they are people putting others on /follow and sitting at the keyboard occasionally hitting a spell. Blizzard is trying to figure out the best way to combat that.

However this thread has nothing to do with BGs.

Again, Blizzard does not support botting and is doing all they can to combat it.
Edited by Harlsoco on 11/19/2012 5:52 PM PST
64 Tauren Death Knight
11/19/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Scuba
I haven't seen botting getting worse at all

When was the last time you were in a bg?

I guess you can't see it if you're not there.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
11/19/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Gutulrak
This "problem" has been persisting for years.

Do you know how to solve the problem? If you do, I am sure they would be overjoyed to hear your plans on getting rid of them all.
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:03 PMPosted by Nobully
I haven't seen botting getting worse at all

When was the last time you were in a bg?

I guess you can't see it if you're not there.

Again this thread said nothing about BGs, the OP is talking about CRZs... When was the last time you saw a CRZ in a BG?!?

I stopped reading when you said "problem"
This "problem" has been persisting for years. It lends credence to the OPs Q- is it legal? I'm curious to know too, because the majority are botting in BGs, and if they are botting in BGs, it doesn't matter if they are botting in PvE or using mineral/herb gatherer bot tools as well. I want to know, because I'm tired of running with them, and I'd rather just have an auto gatherer tool for myself.

And again no it is not legal, and you know that. This thread has nothing to do with BG bots, the statement I made was about PVE and I will stand by it, there are less bots now in PVE then ever. Blizzard has acknowledged the need to do something about PvP and have also said that one of the problems is that a lot of what people think are bots aren't actually bots that Blizzard can detect. They are players that are simply using the follow command to not participate in a BG and get credit for it.

Blizzard has already said they are looking into it. If you want to talk about PvP bots then make your own thread this one has nothing to do with that.
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Gutulrak
You could literally take 1 person working at Blizzard to have the ability in real-time to monitor suspcious activity on all BGs randomly selecting one at a time, it would all but eliminate botting altogether.

They'll just keep building better bots. And since a large amount of the botting takes place on compromised accounts anyway, they'll just queue up another account and not care.

Blizzard actually tries to break the bots. I agree, more could be done. However, there is currently no way to have a bot free game. Every game has it. As long as people are lazy, it's going to be around.
90 Gnome Warlock
Obviously, ban on the spot. You are telling me they don't have ability to observe in real time the situation in a BG? Despite what they say, its about $$$.

You could literally take 1 person working at Blizzard to have the ability in real-time to monitor suspcious activity on all BGs randomly selecting one at a time, it would all but eliminate botting altogether. It's just too easy to spot. They could even make a blacklist of players banned to discourage others from trying.

You are sorely mistaken if you think it would take one Blizzard employee monitoring one BG to stop this. They do not have the man power, and the math has been done it isn't physically possible for them to hire enough people to have the man power, to monitor it. They tried the only monitor it every now and then with Goldshire and it failed, granted they were monitoring for chat and not botting, but it would be almost the same. In fact monitoring for botting would be even worse since Blizzard doesn't just ban you if you happen to look like a bot, they need proof.
14 Blood Elf Priest
Obviously, ban on the spot.

So if I report you for cheating you should get an immediate ban? You seriously cannot see how that would lead to people abusing it?!?

You are telling me they don't have ability to observe in real time the situation in a BG?

Correct. Do the math on 200+servers and millions of players...how many accounts could YOU watch in real time at once and see the data files proving that they're botting and not just playing?

In any event, this is the wrong forum to provide suggestions and advice on how Blizzard should defeat hacking. The correct forum (if there even is one) is General.
90 Gnome Warlock
To take it one step further, I wouldn't even put it past them to try other stuff.. (if you get where I'm going) If I ran a corporation like them, its about extracting the maximum amount of money from you. If you make leveling such a tedious task to incentivize these power leveling services, or botting, they simply will. People are driven by incentives. Currently that is the system set up. It's not hard to put one of these services in China, where they immune from prosecution (or giving the apperance) they are. It's about money, plain and simple.

Oh please stop with the tin foil, all it does is make people not take you seriously. First of all Blizzard has made leveling extremely easy, it gets easier and easier all the time. Second why exactly would they need to put anything in China?!? There is nothing illegal about power leveling services (another reason it is hard for Blizzard to stop them), it is simply against Blizzard's rules. They wouldn't be prosecuted at all if they opened up there own service, nor would then need to hide it. They opened up a real money auction hours in D3, if they feel that a service can be offered that won't impact the integrity of the game then they will offer it.

Not sure why a company making a profit is something evil though.
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Gutulrak
Banning on the spot, as in once we verify you're botting, you're banned.

So...you want them to do the exact same thing that they're doing now....
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:27 PMPosted by Gutulrak

They'll just keep building better bots. And since a large amount of the botting takes place on compromised accounts anyway, they'll just queue up another account and not care.

Blizzard actually tries to break the bots. I agree, more could be done. However, there is currently no way to have a bot free game. Every game has it. As long as people are lazy, it's going to be around.

No, they have given the APPEARANCE they have tried to break the bots.

How is suing and winning a lawsuit in Germany against the biggest bot company since Glider just "giving the appearance of" breaking the bots?!? And before anyone says it was only an Arch bot do a little bit of research, it was a bot that was used for every profession and was also used to bot in BGs.
64 Tauren Death Knight
11/19/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Scuba
Again this thread said nothing about BGs, the OP is talking about CRZs... When was the last time you saw a CRZ in a BG?!?

The title has the word "and" in it.

Regardless, I was responding to your comment made towards the 2nd poster.. which referenced BGs.

It doesn't really matter WHERE it's happening, because it's happening in every aspect of the game.
It's been ignored for so long, that people are no longer worried about being banned.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]