cross realm and the hacker and botters

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 05:33 PMPosted by Gutulrak
Maybe because the bot company in Germany was independant? Maybe a competitor?

Here's a fun fact :

Other countries don't have to follow our laws. There are countries where botting isn't illegal. Our laws hold no ground there and it's extremely hard to pursue them and have any action taken.
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:31 PMPosted by Gutulrak
Some people are so naiive. If I was working at a high level position, and I read your statement "against Blizzard's rules" I'd probably be giggling. There's a difference between the image they present of themselves, and the reality. I'm not suggesting its wrong or right, but that is reality.

And why exactly would they hide it?!? I mean according to you the money they get from bots is more then they get from legit players that are angry right? So hiding the fact that they are running a company that sells bots and services would just be stupid. You are the one that tried to say that it was against the law so they would have to hide in Asia to do it.

You are making baseless accusations that you have no way of backing up.

The title has the word "and" in it.

Regardless, I was responding to your comment made towards the 2nd poster.. which referenced BGs.

It doesn't really matter WHERE it's happening, because it's happening in every aspect of the game.
It's been ignored for so long, that people are no longer worried about being banned.

And that comment was only made because HE brought up BGs, as I said my statement stands. There are less bots in PvE then ever before. I said nothing about there being less in BGs. Stop trying to use semantics to make it look like I am saying something that I am not.

Besides your buddy has now completely lost any form of being able to be taken seriously with his vast conspiracy that Blizzard is some masonic organization running secrete botting farms some where in Asia to stay ahead of the evil government Illuminati that has deemed powerleveling against the law.
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Diamora
There are countries where botting isn't illegal.

Botting isn't illegal any place in the world. It is against the rules of Blizzard, that has no bearing in court. The company lost on copyright and IP grounds, not because botting is illegal.
64 Tauren Death Knight
11/19/2012 05:40 PMPosted by Scuba
There are less bots in PvE then ever before.

/who botanica
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 05:41 PMPosted by Scuba
There are countries where botting isn't illegal.

Botting isn't illegal any place in the world. It is against the rules of Blizzard, that has no bearing in court. The company lost on copyright and IP grounds, not because botting is illegal.

I phrased that poorly, my apologies.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So what we've learned here is that you absolutely hate the company, and you think the game has been terrible for 6+ years. You will be canceling your subscription and never returning, correct?
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Nobully
There are less bots in PvE then ever before.

/who botanica

And?!? /who doesn't even come close to showing if someone is a bot or not. You know better then that. I'm not saying there aren't bots, however outside of BGs they are not even close to being "the worst they have ever been"...

Here's some more fun facts:
-$25 character name change (ridiculous)
-$25 realm x-fer (ridiculous)
-their online store (a little less ridiculous but still ridiculous)
-cutting their staff (ridiculous) their customer service prob gets paid crap. How much does it
cost to rent an apartment near Irvine, anyway?

Stop the presses a company actually trying to make a profit!!! My God how evil of them... What do any of those things have to do with botting at all?!? And most of the staff that was cut was from Blizzard EU which doesn't effect us at all. Blizzard pays at or above the industry norm for in game GMs.
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Gutulrak
-ease up on selling items in their store which offer competitive edge than in-game items.

What are they selling in the store that offers any kind of competitive edge in game?!? You are now just making things up...

/Other
-reduce cost of x-fer (this I know won't happen)
-reduce cost or eliminate name-change (why is this even an option?)

Why don't they offer free name changes to people who are harassed or abused?

Well none of those services are needed, they are a luxury service that isn't at all required to play the game. I've never ever used the name change service and have used the realm transfer once.

Also doing a name change when you are being harassed doesn't help at all, if the person doing the harassing has the other on their friends list then the name will just change on the friends list to whatever the new name is.
25 Night Elf Druid
If you're that unhappy then vote with your wallet.

These?
-$25 character name change (ridiculous)
-$25 realm x-fer (ridiculous)
-their online store (a little less ridiculous but still ridiculous)

Are all optional. No one is forcing you to pay for them.

Keep on topic, huh?

11/19/2012 05:56 PMPosted by Gutulrak
-ease up on selling items in their store which offer competitive edge than in-game items.

Like what???

When is next x-pac, next spring?

There's been no announcement.

Blizzard takes botting serious. Report them as you see them and move on. This is not the complaints forum
90 Gnome Warlock
11/19/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Gutulrak
Why is the excuse for everything a company does reduced to "a company actually trying to make profits"? Is nothing a company does wrong as long as its aim is to make more $?

Because nothing that you listed is wrong in any way shape or form, nor does it have anything to do with botting. Your argument right now is that Blizzard is evil because they charge for things. You are the one that brought price and profits into this...
90 Human Priest
There's a lot of posts that have really gotten away from what the core issue is here. The question was: is Blizzard going to do anything to combat this and are you making it legal now. The short and long of it is:

Yes, Blizzard is doing something about botting. Each report filed for Cheating is forwarded to their Hacks team (also reachable by email at Hacks@blizzard.com). The Hacks team then investigates and analyzes logs and more to determine how can they automatically break or detect this bot and shut it down. Once enough data has been gathered, they can remove those players from the game. However, remember that a lot of these botters are compromised accounts. These players will come back, and unless they do something to secure their accounts they can be compromised and botted again.

No, botting is not now and nor was it ever legal. Blizzard takes the integrity of the game very seriously and works tirelessly to provide a truly Epic game experience for us. They are constantly developing new methods of detection to protect us (for example, detecting some malware through the launcher and not allowing the game to run), but it's an ongoing war. Break/detect a bot, and the hackers will work quickly to figure out what happened and modify their code. It makes much more sense to tag everyone at once, than to knock out players as it happens. Otherwise, bot creators will know they've been detected and change their code, and instead of hitting 5000 players, Blizzard only gets to remove 25.

There's a method to the madness, I promise you. It would be fantastic if Hacks could get more support and tools so that they could identify botters quicker. However, there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we aren't aware of and this type of research takes time. If you don't trust in Blizzard or would like to make suggestions to how they can improve their detection methods, the General Discussion forum is a great place to crowd-source some ideas and gain support for your ideas.
87 Troll Hunter
However, if what they sell EVER offers a
competitive advantage, then what does that say? (get ready for it)

So you're lambasting them over a action they haven't even talked about taking??

I'll redirect your question back at you...

11/19/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Gutulrak
Why are you trying so hard to fish for excuses?
25 Night Elf Druid
Why are you trying so hard to fish for excuses?
Ok, the Blizzard store offers more appealing mounts, if not yet a competitive advantage. I don't even care if they wish to sell stuff, that's their right. However, if what they sell EVER offers a
competitive advantage, then what does that say? (get ready for it)

Second, they can remove that players friend list before changing names, not hard.

Why don't they offer realm mergers instead of letting 2 realms with low population complain their isn't a substantial player base to enjoy the game? $$$

Dude you are ALL over the field here.

Your issue is with CRZ , hackers, and botting.

This isn't your own personal soapbox, nor is it a complaints forum.

There are NO competitive advantages to ANYthing you can buy from the Blizz store. Period.

CRZ? There's a sticky in General.

Hackers? Welcome to the internet. Its not for the weak of heart.

Botting? Here's a few Blue comments

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004044807?page=3#55

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004016037?page=4#64

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934955486?page=5#90

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1869249599?page=2#32

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004697678?page=3#42

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004012897?page=6#119
25 Night Elf Druid
11/19/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Gutulrak
It didn't get off topic, Blizzard's lust for profit is at the core of every problem of this game.

And you just lost what tiny itsy bitsy miniscule little bit of credibility you may have had.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]