First step to balancing PVP burst...

90 Blood Elf Rogue
Is removing all the badge of conquest trinkets. This will also balance human racials for pvp. Less burst damage will make everyone's PvP experience less frustrating and more enjoyable. Popping all cooldowns plus trinkets is not "skilled" at all.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Stop adding human racial into things.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Make pvp trinket a character skill instead so that every race can use a trinket. This gives all races flexibility in thier trinket choice. Add in more different trinkets, like a resilience on-use and on-hit buff trinkets. Fear Trinket, stun trinket. More variety!

They can even deisgn pve encounters assuming that people have a way to remove cc from themselves.

Looks like a win for variety for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Give every skill a pvp and pve value. Most basic and effetive fix.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Mandulis

Sounds easy but that's gonna take a !@#$ load of time and effort to implement something like that for every item.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'd like for them to just give the Medallion the same PVP Power the Badge and Insignia gives.
Reply Quote
11/17/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Nbkilla

Sounds easy but that's gonna take a !@#$ load of time and effort to implement something like that for every item.

He said skill, not items. And to be honest it might not be the easiest choice, but it will definately fix a lot. Why should pve suffer because of pvp? Or the other way around? Have you though that maybe some classes are unbalanced in pvp because a nerf/buff would make them OP/UP in PvE? It will really be a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You are asking for the developers to duplicate balance across all specs, when they can hardly handle the ones they have right now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/17/2012 02:12 PMPosted by Aeriwen
You are asking for the developers to duplicate balance across all specs, when they can hardly handle the ones they have right now.

well, yes. It takes a ton of thought and meetings and resource to try to balance pvp around players designed to kill gods and giant monsters in pve, and hard to keep pve balanced around players who are trying to kill each other.

if it takes hiring a pvp team, so be it. Help the economy out in the process. ...Seems like most of the damage dealing forums are whining about pvp anyways.
Edited by Mandulis on 11/17/2012 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/17/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Aeriwen
They can even deisgn pve encounters assuming that people have a way to remove cc from themselves.

So long as we don't have to pvp to get them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
How about this: reduce the crit damage modifier back to the original 1.5x multiplier.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
They can't just give everyone a PVP trinket skill because that's the same thing as just removing the Human racial. In both situations, they'd need to come up with a new racial. It would actually be easier to simply remove EMFH than it would be to remove PVP trinkets, anyways. Less work.

So, I wouldn't expect that.

11/17/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Nanaya
How about this: reduce the crit damage modifier back to the original 1.5x multiplier.

At this point in the expansion, I wouldn't mind. With no crit modifiers and pretty low passive crit, I never see them anyways. :\
Edited by Knocrogue on 11/17/2012 11:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 11:44 PMPosted by Knocrogue
At this point in the expansion, I wouldn't mind. With no crit modifiers and pretty low passive crit, I never see them anyways. :\

The idea was to mitigate burst damage - Having such a high crit modifier increases the damage of any burst if it crits, resulting in wildly inappropriate damage, sometimes when you're not even bursting. Overall I think having the modifier so high was a bad decision.

I actually wasn't talking about just rogues, but everyone.
Edited by Nanaya on 11/17/2012 11:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
everything always goes back to that boring human racial. Get over it.. pvp power made pvp nuts + the crit damage multipler being 2.0 doesnt help.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
The idea was to mitigate burst damage - Having such a high crit modifier increases the damage of any burst if it crits, resulting in wildly inappropriate damage, sometimes when you're not even bursting. Overall I think having the modifier so high was a bad decision.

I actually wasn't talking about just rogues, but everyone.

I know. I was just kind of indirectly poking fun at how little it would effect Rogues. Would hurt Warriors and Mages a lot. Not sure about the others.
Edited by Knocrogue on 11/18/2012 12:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/18/2012 12:12 AMPosted by Knocrogue
I know. I was just kind of indirectly poking fun at how little it would effect Rogues. Would hurt Warriors and Mages a lot. Not sure about the others.

I wouldn't say "hurt" warriors so much as bring them in line.

Mages though, could probably have their base damage increased a bit to compensate for the potential lost damage - it would make damage more consistent.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I wouldn't say "hurt" warriors so much as bring them in line.

Mages though, could probably have their base damage increased a bit to compensate for the potential lost damage - it would make damage more consistent.

Well, Blizzard doesn't seem to think Warrior's are out of line. haha.

I didn't really think about it, in regards to the second part with Mages, but DPS in raids would drop a ton. If they globally reduced crit to 1.5x, they'd have to buff a lot of things to make up for that loss for all classes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/18/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Knocrogue
I didn't really think about it, in regards to the second part with Mages, but DPS in raids would drop a ton. If they globally reduced crit to 1.5x, they'd have to buff a lot of things to make up for that loss for all classes.

or they could nerf raid bosses and mobs. Either way, I would much rather see consistently high damage than random spurts of absurdly high damage. I believe the high crit modifier is one of the reasons burst is so out of control.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can't really balance this burst damage without balancing the burst healing. Watching the tournament 80k health -> one heal -> 100%
Edited by Kallìk on 11/18/2012 3:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]