Typhoon lacks push

90 Tauren Druid
Ive been aware of how typhoon is only a little bit of a kick back, probably 10-15 yards at maximum. After seeing how violent a knockback both the hunter glyph exploding trap and thunderstorm are, i was wondering if blizzard would consider bumping up typhoons knockback. It doesnt do any damage so having a larger knockback seems reasonable enough, and the cd is 20 seconds which could be increased to longer if warranted. Lets jut give it a try on the ptr is all im saying!

kk bye!
Edited by Bearbobagins on 11/17/2012 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I love using typhooon and I wish it had a bit more kick too. BUT. We gotta be fair. Druids can stealth; shaman can't, and hunters have to stand perfectly still. Stealth + knockback is a bit OP in my opinion.

Typhoon isn't so bad when you practice. It's important to realize that it knocks sideways as well as backward. Try this next time you're in AV:

1. Stand on the bridge to your fort
2. Stealth
3. Wait for the horde to start charging toward you
4. Face down the bridge (not outward).
5. When the crowd of horde are just in front of you, hit typhoon.

The sideways action of the typhoon will knock a whole bunch of them off the edge and into the valley below. It'll really tick them off.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
typhoon also has a 20 or 30 yard range... the other don't
Reply Quote
EotS RBG

Hunter explodes them away from flag. Rdruid typhoons the ppl away from middle even further. Ele Shaman thunderstorms half the team off the cliff.

success.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As somone who plays a hunter, balance druid and ele shaman, there is no doubt in my mind that....

explosive trap>thunderstorm>typhoon

There are crazy sneaky things you can do with explosive trap, and the knockback is definately equal to that of thunderstom.

Me and a fellow balance druid friend swear there was a stealth nerf to the size of the typhoon knockback in the pre-MoP patch.

11/17/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Ozoreo

hunters trap launcher out-ranges typhoon
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
RoC
EotS RBG

Hunter explodes them away from flag. Rdruid typhoons the ppl away from middle even further. Ele Shaman thunderstorms half the team off the cliff.

success.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
EotS RBG

success.

I thought EotS mid was "fixed" where knockbacks would not knock off the cliff in RBGs? Still works for regular EotS as far as I know.

Haven't done any RBGs yet in MoP so not positive if change had been reverted.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As somone who plays a hunter, balance druid and ele shaman, there is no doubt in my mind that....

explosive trap>thunderstorm>typhoon

There are crazy sneaky things you can do with explosive trap, and the knockback is definately equal to that of thunderstom.

Me and a fellow balance druid friend swear there was a stealth nerf to the size of the typhoon knockback in the pre-MoP patch.

hunters trap launcher out-ranges typhoon

hunter's launch traps now! they didn't in bc this is crap!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
The ability needs to be thrown in a 30 sec CD and throw them possibly 30 yards back. That'd seem reasonable , at least , compared to the ~15 it does now. And the fact that it doesn't do any damage anymore ( Not that it did a huge amount previously )

The previous counter-arguement was that Shaman's was a melee move and thus why ours is much shorter knockback. But , seeing that Hunter's have something similar to our range and knockback similar to Shaman's it isn't unfair that we should get something of a similar distance since the damage is removed and maybe adding a 10 second CD.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
The ability needs to be thrown in a 30 sec CD and throw them possibly 30 yards back. That'd seem reasonable , at least , compared to the ~15 it does now. And the fact that it doesn't do any damage anymore ( Not that it did a huge amount previously )

The previous counter-arguement was that Shaman's was a melee move and thus why ours is much shorter knockback. But , seeing that Hunter's have something similar to our range and knockback similar to Shaman's it isn't unfair that we should get something of a similar distance since the damage is removed and maybe adding a 10 second CD.

These types of arguments get old imo. This spell does that, that spell does this... bla bla bla. Who cares what thunderstorm or explosive trap does relative to typhoon. To suggest that its "unfair" because another class has a better spell is just silly. So what if typhoon is inferior to the other two knockbacks in the game. That alone doesnt justify a buff to typhoon.

Now that ALL druids have access to typhoon, there is no chance the knockback will ever be increased to be anything close to thunderstorm. I mean cmon... think about all the resto druids running around BGs blowing people back 30+ yards, it would be silly.

Enjoy typhoon for what it is. Its a really fun spell, even if it has its limitations.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
hunters have to stand perfectly still.

what?

11/17/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Hibernator
Stealth + knockback is a bit OP in my opinion.

pretty sure hunters can stealth.
Edited by Legend on 11/18/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I find Typhoon pretty useless. Sure, there are couple situations where if you get the perfect knockback you can do well, but even in EotS someone standing on the edge doesn't get knocked far enough to die. They just fall to the level below. I'm going to spec out of it as soon as I get around to it as I'd much rather have the reliable single target snare than a (mostly) useless knockback. It's not even worth a global cooldown ffs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
hunters have to stand perfectly still. Stealth

not anymore... jus' sayin
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Roll a 40 boomkin AV premade.

NOTHING will reach the top of any ramp
EVER!!!
Reply Quote
I can deal with the short push back. I wish typhoon didn't lag and the push back effect happened upon button push.
Reply Quote
11/18/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Weepea
I find Typhoon pretty useless. Sure, there are couple situations where if you get the perfect knockback you can do well, but even in EotS someone standing on the edge doesn't get knocked far enough to die. They just fall to the level below. I'm going to spec out of it as soon as I get around to it as I'd much rather have the reliable single target snare than a (mostly) useless knockback. It's not even worth a global cooldown ffs.

What I like to do in EoTS is; in a 1v1 melee situation is kite them to the edge, then jump off the edge turn around and feral charge back behind them, pop typhoon, type /grin.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Yeah, typhoon is gotten so weak its pretty much useless in EotS. Its still useful for knocking people out of towers in AV, but that's about it.

It needs just a bit more oomph (not as much as thunderstorm), but a bit more, that makes it capable of pushing people off the flag strait in EotS.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
imo, it's very useful with it's longer range. May not throw them back too far, but hey, who wouldn't mind having another interrupt for them pesky casters? lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]