Tanaris Forums Dead:(

90 Human Priest

Yo. Back again for that 10 day free trial (thumbsup)

Nice man. Hope you're enjoying it :p It seems like besides a few people in Absolution, just about everyone I've played the game with on Tanaris either left before battle tag was out or has abandoned WoW all together, so it's nice to see a familiar name again :)
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Looks like I'm going to be staying for awhile (playing on a diff server, but rogue will still be here)

Time to get the band back together! <Rise of Bloodfire>
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Where's my friend cobbler?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
He is on this server somewhere. But you'll never know where. DUHDUHDUNN
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Looks like I'm going to be staying for awhile (playing on a diff server, but rogue will still be here)

Time to get the band back together! <Rise of Bloodfire>

Haha yeah, as you can tell, I'm mostly not on Tanaris anymore. The 3 90's I typically play are over here since a couple friends and I started up a 2k+ arena guild that's taken off nicely with just my druid and mage at 90 still on Tanaris.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
What we really need is the BC wonderkids to come back on horde side, make a guild called IputonmyWizardHatandArabianGoggles, be tops in progression, steal a couple legendaries, and then break up at the end of every patch because the GM got out-dueled. That would really get these forums going again!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
RIP pitched battles at the Tempest Keep summoning stone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What we really need is the BC wonderkids to come back on horde side, make a guild called IputonmyWizardHatandArabianGoggles, be tops in progression, steal a couple legendaries, and then break up at the end of every patch because the GM got out-dueled. That would really get these forums going again!

I think we need Osiris to come back w/ Sheepshooter trying to poach everyone to reform his raid and be "the best".
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anyone who is not susceptible to addiction/has a purpose in life, will only play this game over a period of an expansion. The point where you realize that doing the same grind over and over again is boring and utter waste of life time is when people quit.

Most of the Tanaris population quit for this reason, and hence the forums are dead.

P.S: I know I'm stating the obvious :P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Anyone who is not susceptible to addiction/has a purpose in life, will only play this game over a period of an expansion. The point where you realize that doing the same grind over and over again is boring and utter waste of life time is when people quit.

If all you're doing is a "grind", you've failed at gaming.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd like to /bump and grind.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Alliance vanilla and bc Tanaris how I miss you.
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight

If players don't do the grind, they will fail in this game. That's how this game works.

Well, I understand that there are social aspects as well, but players don't just login to have a chit-chat with other players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/26/2013 12:53 AMPosted by Nerazim

If players don't do the grind, they will fail in this game. That's how this game works.

Well, I understand that there are social aspects as well, but players don't just login to have a chit-chat with other players.

I disagree. It entirely depends on what it is you want to do in the game. Sure, if you want to be a hardcore PvPer or PvE hero, you have to grind out the best possible gear before stepping foot in the arenas/RBGs/raids. But who's to say that someone can't find enjoyment out of doing regular BGs or 5 man instances? I'll take my !@#$ geared alts into random BGs all of the time with a couple of friends and I don't mind trying (and half the time being able) to carry a team to victory as a mage with 320k health, and those random BGs while undergeared are what's considered by a lot of people to be the worst grind out there atm.

Edit: Essentially, what I mean is that to some people, playing the game isn't seen as "grinding" and most of those who do consider it grinding have a bigger goal in mind that they play towards anyways.

Also, your second point is wrong too. I've been there through ranking 4th in the world in DPS on a boss fight as a hardcore raider in BC. I've been there falling just a couple spots shy of gladiator on Tanaris, which was one of the absolute worst PvP servers in the world in one of the most competitive battlegroups. I know what it's like to push for progression in both PvE and PvP, and my college schedule just doesn't permit me to do that. So when I do log on, it usually is just to talk to friends.
Edited by Ilhealulater on 3/26/2013 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I've been there falling just a couple spots shy of gladiator on Tanaris, which was one of the absolute worst PvP servers in the world in one of the most competitive battlegroups.

I randomly see Cypresscrew on Twitch channels here and there.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hello
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Hilariously, that is exactly the reason that a significant portion of people that play the game log in for.

You can't "fail" at a game if you're treating it as a game. That guy logging on to Dual Wield Arms and who will never hit level 90 is having just as much fun as he wants to have.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
but players don't just login to have a chit-chat with other players.

This is why I log in. The game itself bores me, having done the grinds so many times. My guild keeps me entertained, mostly because we bust each other's chops all the time.

There's plenty of times I've logged on, did nothing but a few trainer pet battles, or did some farm work, then sat in a city or an inn for hours just talking with guildmates.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Been dead since BC.

<-- Flamo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]