Transmogrification and you.

100 Pandaren Warrior
Hello all!

I decided to put together a quick thread on transmog for those both starting out, and looking for the special piece to complete your set. This isn't perfect (I'm terrible at links and layouts), but it definately should get people started looking in the right places! If you have more suggestions for players please post them!

First lets start with the basics!

Players may transmogrify their gear for a fee at either:
  • Warpweaver Hashom in Stormwind - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54442
  • Warpweaver Dushar in Orgrimmar - http://www.wowhead.com/npc=54473
  • The cost for each items is how much gold it costs to vendor that item to any vendor at 100% durability. At low levels this cost will be no lower then 1 gold.

Transmogrification rules and you!
  • The character must be able to equip both items used in the transmog process.
    • Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)
    • Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)
    • Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)
    Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.
    Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.
    • One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.
    • Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.
    • Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.
    • Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.
  • Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be used to transmogrify.
  • • Mailing an item strips its transmogrification.
  • IE: No mogging that heirloom to a item on your main, and sending it to your alt. The mailbox will take away the look of that item.
  • Placing an item in Void Storage also strips its transmogrification.
  • • The displayed enchant will be that of the currently equipped item.
  • IE: If you have crusader on your sword, and you transmog it to look like a new sword. The new look will have crusader on it. (exceptions: There are some weapons that already have a 'glow' to them, and the transmog will overwrite your enchant.)
  • • There may be individual items that are excluded from being transmogrified on the basis that they were originally added to the game as absurdities. (examples: a weapon that looks like a fish, or a chest piece that is invisible)
    • Legendary items cannot be transmogrified OR used to transmogrify.
    Reply Quote
    100 Pandaren Warrior
    Transmogrification websites to get you started!

http://wowroleplaygear.com/
    This is by far my favorite site for finding complete sets. It by no means contains ever item in the game, but is a good site for finding visually appealing sets. It gives you a list of stylish sets distinguished by armor type, and also gives you sets based on class tier/pvp sets.

http://www.icy-veins.com/transmogrification-wow
    This is my favorite site for finding that one special piece you just can't seem to find.
    For instance: Youre a hunter looking for blue mail gloves. Under 'Hunter' click on item models > Mail gloves > Expand the list, below on the current page. This will give you a visual table of a HUGE list of mail gloves. Just scroll down and find the ones you want and mouse over them and the site will give you a link to the item and where you can find it or a look alike.

Other resources!

Mogit addon - http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/mogit
    While I don't personally use this addon, it comes highly recommended from a lot of users.

Last but not least: Look around on these forums! In the general forums, your class forums and your realm forums you can always find a 'rate that transmog' thread waiting to be looked through. Looking at what others have put together can inspire you to try something you didn't think of before.
    Edited by Xiaozhi on 11/17/2012 6:04 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    91 Worgen Druid
    I frequently visit wowhead.com to shop around for transmog gear. You can actually see what it looks like on your character using their 3-D model viewer.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Monk
    am i doing it right?
    Reply Quote
    100 Undead Death Knight
    Req
    This might be a bit confusing so if you don't understand then I apologize.

I'm a bit confused when it comes to transmog. I've seen some people like me (referring to death knights) wielding gear that makes them look cool and everything but in the world of rp doesn't it kind of make sense for death knights to try to be powerful? I mean with death knights they've kind of hit a snag with wotlk.

Death Knights were created by the Lich King and by extension the Scourge, and the Lich King is the most powerful death knight in existence right? If so wouldn't it make the most sense that the best gear available for Death Knights would be in Icecrown Citadel? If so then why would some people choose to transmog different non-Scourge gear for Death Knights?

I mean it might look cool but what lore explanation would they have regarding it? In the world of rp if death knights are striving to be powerful then what other reasoning would someone have for getting non-Scourge issued gear for their death knights? Through a lore perspective they would be less powerful than other people getting their gear from icc.

Edit: Also for a non-death knight Popcornchikn that is a pretty cool transmog set. I have no idea what you're supposed to be but it still is pretty cool.
    Edited by Vynathlon on 8/12/2013 1:52 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Death Knight
    11/17/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Popcornchikn
    am i doing it right?

Oh my god...

tentacles.

<- rp set don't bother unless you see him with gear.
    Edited by Kimerian on 11/18/2012 3:42 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    100 Pandaren Warrior
    11/17/2012 02:35 PMPosted by Popcornchikn
    am i doing it right?

Yes, very right.
    Reply Quote
    100 Pandaren Warrior
    This might be a bit confusing so if you don't understand then I apologize.

I'm a bit confused when it comes to transmog. I've seen some people like me (referring to death knights) wielding gear that makes them look cool and everything but in the world of rp doesn't it kind of make sense for death knights to try to be powerful? I mean with death knights they've kind of hit a snag with wotlk. Death Knights were created by the Lich King and by extension the Scourge, and the Lich King is the most powerful death knight in existence right? If so wouldn't it make the most sense that the best gear available for Death Knights would be in Icecrown Citadel? If so then why would some people choose to transmog different non-Scourge gear for Death Knights? I mean it might look cool but what lore explanation would they have regarding it? In the world of rp if death knights are striving to be powerful then what other reasoning would someone have for getting non-Scourge issued gear for their death knights? Through a lore perspective they would be less powerful than other people getting their gear from icc.

Edit: Also for a non-death knight Popcornchikn that is a pretty cool transmog set. I have no idea what you're supposed to be but it still is pretty cool.

A lot of dks tend to stick with icecrown gear or their starter gear, but yes you do see a lot of people that change the look of their DK away from more 'death' oriented mogs. This can be for any number of reasons from wanting to distance themselves from the look of the beings that technically enslaved them, to just having a different aesthetic.

Some people go the traditional route. Some like to play dks on the path to redemption. Some like to wear the uniform of their new allegiences. Its a lot of things.

I dont personally think it makes them less powerful from a lore perspective.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    I personally like my dk to have golden armor and stuff
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Death Knight
    Nice information OP, but you forgot to mention there is a transmorg, reforge and void storage area in your respective factions Vale center. Very handy for those in the 85 to 90 range to set as a hearth as well. Portals to all major cities there including Dalaran and Shattrath.

I like the death knight sets for the current content. Still like the dark and slightly blue tinted stuff as opposed to the black and red. But that is personal taste.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]