I decided to put together a quick thread on transmog for those both starting out, and looking for the special piece to complete your set. This isn't perfect (I'm terrible at links and layouts), but it definately should get people started looking in the right places! If you have more suggestions for players please post them!
First lets start with the basics!
Players may transmogrify their gear for a fee at either:
Transmogrification rules and you!
• Only uncommon (green), rare (blue) or epic (purple) items may be transmogrified. (exceptions: a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate)
• Items must share the same armor type (examples: plate for plate, cloth for cloth)
• Weapons must be the same weapon type (exceptions: Guns, Crossbows, or Bows)
• Main hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Main hand weapons.
• Off-hand weapons can only be used to transmogrify Off-hand weapons.
• One handed weapons can be used to transmogrify a Main hand or Off-hand weapon.
• Using an item for transmogrify makes it soulbound.
• Using an item for transmogrify makes it non-refundable.
• Heirlooms and Account Bound items can be transmogrified.
• Legendary items cannot be transmogrified OR used to transmogrify.