CRZ is detrimental to our realm

2 Goblin Rogue
Blizzard needs to stop this CRZ madness. It is allowing players to steal precious resources from OUR realm!

Why just now I was going on my weekly rounds of Kezan, gathering up Kaja'Cola for distribution - AND THERE WAS ANOTHER PLAYER FROM ANOTHER REALM ALREADY GOING TO THE SPAWN SPOTS TO TAKE IT!!!

This is a travesty!! What will our realm do if Yellowflower can't get her ideas?!

Put an end to CRZ, I say!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Blizzard needs to stop this CRZ madness. It is allowing players to steal precious resources from OUR realm!

Why just now I was going on my weekly rounds of Kezan, gathering up Kaja'Cola for distribution - AND THERE WAS ANOTHER PLAYER FROM ANOTHER REALM ALREADY GOING TO THE SPAWN SPOTS TO TAKE IT!!!

This is a travesty!! What will our realm do if Yellowflower can't get her ideas?!

Put an end to CRZ, I say!

In all seriousness, I used to enjoy having zones mostly to myself and I would have much rather have had Blizz do a server merge or something instead of having Blizz take the "I'm from a different realm, I do what I want" out of BGs and LFG and put it where I have to deal with it every time I decide I want to play a lowbie.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/17/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Malles
I used to enjoy having zones mostly to myself

single player games are that way ====>

in all seriousness though, crz disappoints me too. why is pandaria not included? i was looking forward to the dailies system on the basis that i was going to be ganking while questing.
Reply Quote
I've just thrown my hands up in defeat on the topic of CRZ and try not let it bother me anymore (even though it sometimes does) I'm glad it's not in Pandaria though. so very glad.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
11/17/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Kerrath
I used to enjoy having zones mostly to myself

single player games are that way ====>

But I beat all my console games already :(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
People missed the sarcasm. /sigh

I honestly wouldn't have any issues with CRZ other than the griefers (which you can't avoid anywhere you go in game now anyways) if Blizzard had done a better job of working out the bugs instead of rushing implementation. But all those little things add up to a lot less enjoyment and frustration for me when I'm in a CRZ.

I was flying my monk around today - crossed from Hellfire into Zangarmarsh and she was dismounted onto a mushroom. Then later I was taking her from Zangarmarsh into Shatt and she was dismounted into the middle of those level 70 ogres above Shatt.

And Blizzard has point blank stated that passenger dismounts are working as intended because they don't want to take the time to correct the technical issue that forced them to set things up that way,

I'm tired of getting spammed with "You feel normal" or "You can't use that item here" as I cross into a CRZ. I'm tired of characters - both player and NPC - phasing in and out as I move about.

I genuinely feel less incentive to move out into the world as a result. Much less disruptive to game play to just sit in some city and queue for randoms.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I was flying my monk around today - crossed from Hellfire into Zangarmarsh and she was dismounted onto a mushroom. Then later I was taking her from Zangarmarsh into Shatt and she was dismounted into the middle of those level 70 ogres above Shatt.

And Blizzard has point blank stated that passenger dismounts are working as intended because they don't want to take the time to correct the technical issue that forced them to set things up that way,
I can't express how disappointed I was when they gave the cut-and-paste "takes too many resources to fix" answer to such a huge problem and inconvenience.

I loved flying around when I was bored or taking a friend to some questing area or just carrying someone around when I had nothing to do. Because of this "bug" - if it can even be called that - using passenger mounts is no longer even remotely efficient and if you want to fly someone somewhere you have to stop, turn around and pick them up after every zone change. Considering how many zones there are, it really gets old after a while.

It's just one of those changes that makes the game feel just a little less like a world and more like just a series of questing areas (and granted, those are more annoying too now because of CRZ).
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
A slightly different side to CRZ:

This morning, I went up to Venomweb Vale in Tirisifal Glades to turkey hunt on my monk. With CRZ active there, I was expecting it to be jumping with players out to get their turkeys and to have to fight to get the 25 I wanted.

There was no one else there. I got the Turkinator achievement and 70 turkeys before my hearthstone came off CD so I could go back to SW.

I know normally this time of morning, things are quiet and empty but first day of world events usually has all the zones packed. Last year I did the same thing with a couple of my other toons in the early hours and I was competing against 4-5 other players for the turkeys.

What happened to CRZ repopulating dead zones, or is our RP cluster just dying out altogether? I suppose Wyrmrest and Moon Guard might have been active enough to get pulled out of the CRZ but what about the others?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
From an RP perspective, Zones devoid of other players Makes sense. If everyone is a Champion for Justice and all that, then are they really Heroes? or just another person. In a Game of High Fantasy, it should be a personal journey, with few friends and fewer helping hands along the way to cap. When you are an accomplished Hero is when you meet others of your caliber.

As of recently, leveling my Monk, i have had more problems with people from our own realm than on others, though there has been grief both. Its sad when common courtesy goes out the window.....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
From an RP perspective, Zones devoid of other players Makes sense. If everyone is a Champion for Justice and all that, then are they really Heroes? or just another person. In a Game of High Fantasy, it should be a personal journey, with few friends and fewer helping hands along the way to cap. When you are an accomplished Hero is when you meet others of your caliber.

As of recently, leveling my Monk, i have had more problems with people from our own realm than on others, though there has been grief both. Its sad when common courtesy goes out the window.....

We are Anonymous. We are legion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Also along Rp lines, if we're traveling to far off, remote parts of the world...then why should they be heavily populated?

If I'm in the middle of Tanaris on a secret Archaeological dig, then it doesn't make a lot of sense to see some goobers from Moon Guard frolicking about.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/18/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Sorya
some goobers from Moon Guard frolicking about.
Yeah, well this goober from Moon Guard is highly offended.

Just kidding no I'm not.
But I do have to say that every time I see someone from Blackwater Raiders make an idiot of themselves on general chat of any zone, I cringe. And this happens disturbingly often.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Aakarshan
But I do have to say that every time I see someone from Blackwater Raiders make an idiot of themselves on general chat of any zone, I cringe. And this happens disturbingly often.

Don't remind me. I dooo still play here. >.<

But at least they're our idiots.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/18/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Aakarshan
some goobers from Moon Guard frolicking about.
Yeah, well this goober from Moon Guard is highly offended.

Just kidding no I'm not.

And I'm sure it happens with idiots from other realms just as often. But Blackwater Raiders is something familiar to you so you pay more attention.

As for actual zone population, an empty zone makes more sense from not just a RP standpoint but a realistic one. Yes, yes, I know, it's silly to bring reality into a fantasy game. But...

If I go travelling, I don't expect to find people crowding together in the deserts or the forests or the open grasslands. I'm not talking the highly promoted tourist spots - those only make up a small fraction of those areas. I mean just the general "wilderness". These places are normally devoid of human life and I'm the oddity when I pass through. I do expect to find people crowding together in the cities because that's a natural place for people to congregate. To me it's just unnatural that players should be getting pushed out to fill up the zones when those zones really should be mostly empty of anything but the random adventurer on their personal epic journey.

The "world" shouldn't feel full. Cities are for when you feel a need for the company of a massive number of other people, not that litle town out in the middle of a forest hundreds of miles away.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Yeah as far as CRZ Goes the only thing that irks me about it is rare spawns. So much for me ever getting the Time Lost Proto Drake or Aeonaxx!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I don't mind CRZ, I just wish nodes spawned faster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
11/18/2012 05:22 PMPosted by Joynal
The "world" shouldn't feel full. Cities are for when you feel a need for the company of a massive number of other people, not that litle town out in the middle of a forest hundreds of miles away.

Joynal wasnt the only one to make this point but she put it concisely here very effectively and I wanted to disagree with it.

Many of the zones have active displays of the horde and the alliance engaging in their war--the war that the title of the game refers to. Many zones are active warfronts. Does it not make sense that you'd find a lone straggler from the other side scouting around?

Even in pandaria, the whole storyline is that we are bringing our war to their shores and the conflict is raising up the sha. I don't know about the rest of you but I lament the fact that I never actually get to see alliance because all PvP servers are currently one-sided.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/18/2012 07:09 PMPosted by Kerrath
Many of the zones have active displays of the horde and the alliance engaging in their war--the war that the title of the game refers to. Many zones are active warfronts. Does it not make sense that you'd find a lone straggler from the other side scouting around?

Except for the places that aren't a Horde/All war zone. Like Tanaris, Un'goro, most of NR...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
i said "many", not "all"
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]