CRZ is detrimental to our realm

90 Gnome Priest
Many of the zones have active displays of the horde and the alliance engaging in their war--the war that the title of the game refers to. Many zones are active warfronts. Does it not make sense that you'd find a lone straggler from the other side scouting around?

A lone straggler scouting around would make sense. But that's not what CRZ is doing.

you don't include everyone in every zone into your "rp world" anymore than you would include everyone in a city.

the fact of that matter is that CRZ has made this game more of an MMO than before.

It always has been a MMO. In what way has CRZ actually that changed?

I'm generally not seeing more players in the zones now that I did 6 months ago. There was a brief influx just as CRZ was introduced and then it died off. I really don't see more players out in the world than I did before.

I was going around Northrend on my DK for the past couple of hours, farming ore to use for leveling my monk's Engineering. Other than when I passed through Dalaran, I saw only about 6 other players in that two hours and 3 of those were in Sholazar basin where I actually had to compete for the nodes.

And to be honest, all the zones were lacking in nodes. I don't think the node issue people complain about has anything to do with competition. I think they simply aren't spawning. If it was competition, I would expect it to feel like it did back in Wrath when I'd frequently run into other players also mining but also at least saw the nodes around even if another player got to it before I did.

Either the nodes don't exist, or bots are hitting them before I could find them. And I know this stuff isn't making it into our AH. The reason I was out farming was because there was almost nothing on the AH to buy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Someone on the General Discussion forum suggested that Blizzard should take a short customer feedback survey on our experiences with CRZ. To make sure every active player participates, they could have the survey show up when we log into the game and set it up so that we have to complete it before we can play.

I thought that was an excellent idea, so I'm repeating it here. Maybe if we all submitted this suggestion...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/18/2012 09:50 PMPosted by Thelz
In what way has CRZ actually that changed?

in the way that there's actually people in the zones

What does it matter where the players are as long as they're logged in and playing?

I don't feel that the game is less a MMO just because I see all sorts of players running around the Shrines and Stormwind and Orgrimmar but almost no one in Desolace or Blade's Edge. It doesn't make it less a MMO just because they're clustered together in a few locations instead of many.

Like I said, my personal experience is that overall, I'm still not seeing anymore people in most of the CRZ zones. Does it matter whether it's 3 people in a zone or 10 people if you don't run into any of them either way?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Joynal, the problem is that the feel of the game has fundamentally changed for the worse and players recognize it. For many reasons, the game started to feel more like a series of instances and there was very little incentive to ever leave the city.

There used to be two primary reasons to be out in the open world:

1) It used to take a lot longer to level up, and max level was not always the only thing that mattered. The zones used to be more full for the simple reason that a larger portion of the population was still levelling up. The game was new, and it was proportionately more time-demanding.

2) You used to have to travel to dungeons, or at least two party members would. Since players no longer have to do this, you can just breeze past the entire world and deal with retards who have no clue where the actual instance is.

Since levelling takes virtually no time at all, and since dungeon finder will automatically place you in the dungeon, there's no more incentive to be out in the open world.

The point of CRZ was to distract players from the fact that we now play a series of instanced events rather than an open explorable world.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

And to be honest, all the zones were lacking in nodes. I don't think the node issue people complain about has anything to do with competition. I think they simply aren't spawning.

This is my only issue with CRZ. Well, that and the two-person mounts no longer working properly, but that's not a deal-breaker for me. In the beginning, I was experiencing a few of the bugs... that one that multiplied your professions and a little lag, but those have gone away for me.

The ONLY problem I have with it now is the spawning bugs. I haven't gone out farming any ores or herbs or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if "not spawning" is the issue. It's the issue with several battle pets, as well. The Scourged Whelpling can only be gotten after a server restart, right now, and you have to be faster than everyone else hanging around trying to get one. They never respawn until the next server restart. If you fly over it on the game's flying system, you can see several of them around there, but if you head out there to get one, they're not actually there. I'm generally at work during server resets, and pets caught in the wild aren't tradeable, so right now I literally can not ever get one of these.

Other than that, which I have hope that they will fix... preferably in the next patch, but I don't think they've said anything about it, so who knows... I have no complaints about CRZ.

I haven't seen any griefing, personally, and the amount of players that I run into out in the world doesn't really effect my gameplay at all. It's not a significant enough increase to bother me, and running into the occasional couple of other people from another server hasn't been a bad experience for me. The game performance hasn't gotten any worse for me, and my computer is a couple of years old already.

Frankly, other than the spawning issues, I think most of the CRZ complaints are exaggerated or just plain petty.

In regards to this:
Someone on the General Discussion forum suggested that Blizzard should take a short customer feedback survey on our experiences with CRZ. To make sure every active player participates, they could have the survey show up when we log into the game and set it up so that we have to complete it before we can play.

I thought that was an excellent idea, so I'm repeating it here. Maybe if we all submitted this suggestion...

I think a survey is a great idea, but forcing people to take it is an awful one. Not only would you see nothing on the general forums but people complaining about being forced to take the survey before they could play (when they are already paying $15/mo to play), people would fill it out randomly without even reading it just to get it out of the way.

If they were to do a survey, they would need to offer an incentive to complete it... a pet, or a mount, or a tabard, or gold, or a day of free gametime or whatever... forcing people to take it would be bad for everyone.

On a side note, this really spoke to me this morning: http://shirt.woot.com/offers/online-debate-team
Edited by Yellowflower on 11/19/2012 5:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Double post because I was too lazy to do another edit.

And for those who are inevitably going to be all like, "Yeah, well, BWR isn't as bad as some of the other groups," or whatever, here is what I say. Other than PvP servers (because I don't want to get killed all the time, and if you don't either, you shouldn't be on a PvP server), come up with the absolute worst server for CRZ problems, and I will roll an alt there and let you know how much I still think you are an exaggerating whiny baby.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
actually pvp servers are the best for crz.

the worst server for CRZ is probably The Venture Co, because from what i hear, it does not actually have CRZ at all.
Edited by Kerrath on 11/19/2012 6:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I agree that the game has fundamentally changed since we started playing. I just don't think CRZ is adding anything to bring back "the good ol' days" nor is it going to change the player mindset that got baked in thanks to LFD/LFR.

I'm out leveling my monk. I see no one. I do a /who and no one is listed. I try to start a chat in general to see if anyone wants to group up since I can't find anyone via /who - no reply.

It doesn't matter if there are players from other realms out there if I can't connect and interact with those players.

If it weren't for all the bugs, I'd have no issue with CRZ. It would be unnoticeable since it has done nothing to change the game for me. But the bugs have made it very noticeable and in unpleasant ways,.

If I were a new player and kept getting spammed with error messages every time I crossed a zone boundary like I currently get spammed, I'd be saying to myself this is a broken game and stop playing it. I certainly wouldn't be feelling like there were a lot of other players to do things with. Trade channel is still a trollfest and I cringe everytime I see someone who might be a new player ask for help.

I'd really love to see account longevity statistics from Blizzard sorted by expansion an account was opened, or even by major patch.It would be interesting to see how many players keep their account after 6 months.
Reply Quote
I haven't experienced any of the negative aspects of CRZs.

The only way I have been affected by a CRZ at all was when that person from one of the other servers in our group was organizing the Hallaa fights. That was awesome. There was a great turnout, and whenever the sides started to seem to uneven, there were several people who had characters of both factions who were willing to switch around.

I remember when we tried to do some sort of PvP thing in Silithus before the CRZs came about and the only people who showed up were a ragtag group of about 5 PvE geared Horde vs 3-5 Alliance who may or may not have been an (extremely competent) arena team. It was painful for us and probably very boring for them.

This is the reason I think CRZs are more than just a failed attempt to make the world seem fuller. It's a great opportunity to fill out events. It takes a bit more planning and organization to create a cross server event than it does a server-specific one, but anyone who has tried to organize something on this server in the past few years is probably familiar with how disheartening it can be when you put a lot of time and effort into something, only to have a dismal turnout. Now, however, there are several more pools of people to advertise to. If your event is appealing enough, you can get a pretty good group going even if only four or five people from each server show up.

It's unlikely that anyone will take advantage of this anytime soon - there's still a lot of stuff do do, alts to level, new content on the way. But when the last content patch before the next x-pac has been exhausted, CRZ events might be a good way to keep having fun with the game while we wait for it to get turned on its head again.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
my biggest issue with CRZ has got to be spawn competition (be it Resources, mobs, or special spawns like rares or chests, or battlepets), timezone changes, Screwing with certain Mechanics like Multipassenger mounts, and the breaking of the fishing tournies.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I have my friends on BWR invite me here so I can steal all the rare spawns to sell their drops on Darkspear and make bank <3 So I could see how it's an issue, lol
Reply Quote
6 Pandaren Monk
Wow... I've been gone so long that they've implemented cross realm for everything now?

LOL WOW, GALKURA IS STILL HERE?!

Edit #2 and still going for crit.

Edit #3 am i stil doin it rite, guise???
Edited by Falconkick on 11/20/2012 9:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Wow... I've been gone so long that they've implemented cross realm for everything now?

LOL WOW, GALKURA IS STILL HERE?!

Edit #2 and still going for crit.

Edit #3 am i stil doin it rite, guise???

Technically I'm on Darkspear, but yes, I still play WoW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]