r1 spriest stream + q&a

90 Undead Priest
hi guys, i relied on this community heavily during tbc and wrath - now i'd like to offer something back!

my credentials as a pvpriest are considerable, however i won't shove them down your throat unless you're really interested. all you need to know is that i've been top 5 in 3s on bg9 this season. if you have any questions or concerns, i'd be elated to answer them.

i'm currently watching blizzcon and not streaming, but you can count on me tomorrow for the majority of the day! or maybe chill out and watch a vod.

if you follow my channel, you'll receive an automatic notification when i stream here:
--> www.twitch.tv/ruzai_tv
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
What is the best 3s comp for shadow priests in your opinion? (Or perhaps list advantages/disadvantages of the comps you've run).

What is your favorite comp to run as a shadow priest?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
right now? in order of effectiveness:

feral + rshaman (crazy damage/cc/heals)
warlock + rshaman / rdruid
mage + rdruid / rshaman
enh sham + rdruid / pal
rpal + rdruid (something i havent tried/seen)
rogue + rshaman

this list is strictly opinion, as i very much dislike playing with mages/shamans. however, i think most competitors will agree that fps (feral + priest + shaman) is one of the strongest comps at the moment in addition to having 5.1 in its favor.

and call me crazy, but my favorite comp is rogue/spriest/rshaman. it's incredibly intense to play, if you can get over playing with a rogue.
Edited by Rudezai on 11/17/2012 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I wished healers knew how viable shadowplay is, right now every healer complains that they have to actually be good in order to heal the comp. (They say the comp sucks because they can't get carried by it).

It's intense healing, but a super strong comp. As for the feral/Spriest... yeah I can how that would work.

I love shadowplay personally, but that's me.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Afflic or demo (or destro) shadowplay?

Thinking about what comps I want to try when my priest is geared enough to not die in two hits.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Demo Shadowplay. Affliction is still awesome in my opinion lol.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
demo shadowplay is by far the strongest, but i'm a believer in affliction! i think destro is viable as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
How do you feel about Angel Cleave (Ret/Spries/Rshaman) this season do you think is rather viable?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
rshaman is okay, but i think a rdruid would be a much better support. you're not really going to be able to overwhelm anyone with your damage, so you would need that extra cc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
what's the reasoning for you gearing toward crit instead of the more common haste (i think)?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
If he doesn't respond, I'd have to say that once you reach a threshold, haste doesn't do anything for damage other than GCD's. Crit will be more valued after the extra ticks from your dots.

Just a guess though, and it's smart.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If he doesn't respond, I'd have to say that once you reach a threshold, haste doesn't do anything for damage other than GCD's. Crit will be more valued after the extra ticks from your dots.

Yeah this is probably it.

I'd /maybe/ go for the extra tick on Renew but I'm not really sure it'd do much in this metagame.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/18/2012 01:32 AMPosted by Noxnzee
what's the reasoning for you gearing toward crit instead of the more common haste (i think)?

hi, sorry for such a late response. i fell asleep!

thankfully, truewan got it right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
So, how much haste should you have while in Shadowform then before you start going crit?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
i simply reforged as much crit over haste as possible. you won't have to think about it much about since the second haste break point is very high (8086? something around there). you would have to gem pure haste to hit that point.

conversely, the first haste threshold is very low (@2021). so you should have no real problem reaching that. however, i should note that additional haste between those two points are not worthless, as cast speeds are critical in a pvp environment.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
New to shadow, I've only played disc up to this season so I have 2 questions that come to mind for a vet like you.

1. I often find myself poping out of shadow to flash heal way to much. I'm not sure if it's the inner disc player in me or what, how do you manage off heals while providing decent pressure?

2. What is your feeling about mastery? I'm currently reforged for it but I'm considering trying something new out.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
hi lacuss.

New to shadow, I've only played disc up to this season so I have 2 questions that come to mind for a vet like you.

1. I often find myself poping out of shadow to flash heal way to much. I'm not sure if it's the inner disc player in me or what, how do you manage off heals while providing decent pressure?

2. What is your feeling about mastery? I'm currently reforged for it but I'm considering trying something new out.

1. i very rarely cast flash - only when my healer asks me to. i'll shield/pom/renew at most to reduce pressure. it's your healers job to keep people up, if you're healing then you aren't dealing pressure. remember that!

2. honestly i think of mastery as a worthless stat and i prioritize it last. haste/crit perform better in pve and i believe they do better in a pvp scenario as well.

also streaming now!
Edited by Rudezai on 11/18/2012 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
You should write a shadow guide!!!

Any thoughts on writing one?

Also, I've ran into one SHAMAN healer who NEVER casts with a warrior on him. He constantly complained and !@#$%ed about how we were letting the warrior sit on him on as demo shadowplay (we can't peel a warrior). So we go warrior instead of mage, then he complains we were going on the warrior when we can't kill him...

There are games where I outhealed him, there are games where he drops spirit link when he doesn't need to, (@80% HP or when I life swap him or lock and he drops link 3 seconds later). There are games where we received no dispels, he claims he was a 2300 shaman and we were the bad players...

We're nearly 2.4k players, my warlock and I go WAAAY back, we're not noobs by any means.

What I am trying to say is, how do you handle bad healers and find the good healers? I've healed on every character back in Cata and I heal on shaman this expansion, I see all the mistakes healers make and I am sooo discouraged from doing 3s right now because of not being able to find a good healer.
Edited by Truewan on 11/18/2012 2:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
What do u think about PW:I or Mindbender. Saw a discussion where some people hated it till they tried it and ended up doing more damage then ever before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]