r1 spriest stream + q&a

90 Undead Priest
i don't think i'm as good as i could be, but maybe sometime in the future?

as far as the healer situation goes, it's just a luck thing for the most part. it really helps to be in a huge pvp guild and big server. in fact, i found snutz and played with him by just asking in guild years ago.

just keep trying and have a cool head about it. if you manage to find someone that synergizes well then keep at it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
hi Rudezai, you been talking about 3s alot and i know thats where all the skill is but im just starting again since bc and i enjoy 2s more, No idea why i just do. what are you comps for 2s? i see you go with mage, is there any other comps that are as good? thanks
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've just finished fully gearing myself PVP wise (weapons next week) and I'm really starting to feel like I'm starting to own!

The question I have is with regards to the haste/crit question you answered a few posts earlier...

Would I be right to assume that it would be wise reforge to crit where I would normally reforge to haste once I've hit the first breakpoint?

From the sounds of it, there's no real defined way to explain this and it'd be purely an opinion and a personal preference...

What did you do in this situation?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/18/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Gravediggér
What do u think about PW:I or Mindbender. Saw a discussion where some people hated it till they tried it and ended up doing more damage then ever before.

i think insanity is kind of a non factor in arena. arena is completely burst oriented now and sw:i doesn't provide that. and i think overall fdcl is stronger than mindbender but it really depends on your team comp.

like rps where your damage revolves around 1m shadow dance.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
hi Rudezai, you been talking about 3s alot and i know thats where all the skill is but im just starting again since bc and i enjoy 2s more, No idea why i just do. what are you comps for 2s? i see you go with mage, is there any other comps that are as good? thanks

in terms of effectiveness, sp/m is what's going to get you the highest rating. feral and rogue are also good candidates.
Edited by Rudezai on 11/18/2012 4:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Why do you stack almost pure pvp power?
compared to more intel etc
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I've just finished fully gearing myself PVP wise (weapons next week) and I'm really starting to feel like I'm starting to own!

The question I have is with regards to the haste/crit question you answered a few posts earlier...

Would I be right to assume that it would be wise reforge to crit where I would normally reforge to haste once I've hit the first breakpoint?

From the sounds of it, there's no real defined way to explain this and it'd be purely an opinion and a personal preference...

What did you do in this situation?

you are correct!
Reply Quote
firemage spriest rsham alot of fun so far this xpac
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Is it seriously impossible to kill a warrior 1v1?

Just went like 15 minutes in a 2s match where our partners were dead and he just slowly bled my mana dry. I couldn't keep up with second wind no matter what.

I guess I'm really awfully undergeared but it was just ridiculous.

e: Oh and he was fury and didn't have Shockwave so that kind of felt bad.
Edited by Restorata on 11/18/2012 5:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
do you use dp with 3 orbs all the time or do you ever use it with 2 orbs?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If train A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Why do you stack almost pure pvp power?
compared to more intel etc

pvp power is weighted higher than int currently, and you get double the pvp power per gem. i don't get focused enough in 3s to warrant defensive gems, so i just want to deal as much damage as possible!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Is it seriously impossible to kill a warrior 1v1?

Just went like 15 minutes in a 2s match where our partners were dead and he just slowly bled my mana dry. I couldn't keep up with second wind no matter what.

I guess I'm really awfully undergeared but it was just ridiculous.

e: Oh and he was fury and didn't have Shockwave so that kind of felt bad.

don't feel too bad, i need a 3 orb dp to bring a warrior into swd range if he's on me. second wind is way strong for dueling.

do you use dp with 3 orbs all the time or do you ever use it with 2 orbs?

the only time i'd ever use 2 orb dp is if a target is hovering around 10%.

If train A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet?

ಠ_ಠ
Edited by Rudezai on 11/18/2012 9:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
<3
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Priest
11/18/2012 07:11 PMPosted by Mindplague

360 miles from New York, that's trivial.

Explanation:

Train A, at two hours, will be 300
Train B, at two hours, will be 200
this leaves a remainder of 100 to be covered.

With a simple factoring ratio of 300/200, into the equation of the remaining 100 miles. this would factor into 60/40.

So, with the 300 already covered and the (now easily attained) other 60 miles into the equation, they would meet at exactly 360 miles. (A surprisingly easy number, considering these problems typically take much more work than simple factoring.)

Edit: Added the explanation for potential trolling baddies.
Edited by Dnb on 11/20/2012 12:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hey! I just hit 90 after not playing in forever, and I'm at a loss on setting up burst. Right now I just have my on use trinket + Life Blood macro'd together that I use when I have a 3 point DP and Silence up, but after that Im just Mind Flaying into them.

Any tips on how I could be more fierce? Following your stream btw, good stuff. :) I'm going to go through your videos once I get off work.

*Oh! Forgot to mention, since I'm still working on gear I've been making great use of Void Tendrils. Every spriest I see over 2.2k is using Psy, but if I'm mostly going to be playing with a Destro lock should I keep Tendrils? I dont want to DR our fears when we need to go for a kill or peel, and snaring healers behind pillars or silly melee who don't know they can kill it is great when my partner is winding up a Chaos Bolt. Our MMR is only 1700 (and tanking quickly, quest gear ftw :D).
Edited by Confetti on 11/20/2012 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
hi confetti, i'll try and explain my thought process to bursting someone in a clean swap.

ideally, i'll have dots on off targets (for procs) and never any dots on the main target so they don't get the impression of a swap coming. i'll always have at least 2 orbs some sort of cooldowns up (at minimum a fear). it's very important to cc other targets before making the switch so you can get your casts off.

i'll start by casting spectral guise offensively into a mindspike > halo > .5s mindblast > 3 orb dp > fade > shadowfiend > mindflay spam. and hopefully they're dead by then! you'll probably need more gear for this to be effective, however.

and personally, i actually loathe psyfiend. tendrils are very effective against shaman cleaves, and when playing with a warlock of course. you can always change the talent while in the arena starting room, so you should always be in consideration of what to use!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What do u think about PW:I or Mindbender. Saw a discussion where some people hated it till they tried it and ended up doing more damage then ever before.

i think insanity is kind of a non factor in arena. arena is completely burst oriented now and sw:i doesn't provide that. and i think overall fdcl is stronger than mindbender but it really depends on your team comp.

So are you saying that you take Mindbender over FDCL for that specific comp because the shadow dance CD lines up with Mindbender? If so, what are some other comps you would consider taking mindbender on? Have you tested mindbender vs saving 2 mindspike procs for your big burst?

sorry for all the questions :p

e: also, are there any times when you absolutely, 100% will cast psychic horror? ie during a hunter's cds even if people are at full health?
Edited by Noxnzee on 11/20/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Stoked your streaming not many spriests do it seems ! GL!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
11/20/2012 01:55 PMPosted by Noxnzee

So are you saying that you take Mindbender over FDCL for that specific comp because the shadow dance CD lines up with Mindbender? If so, what are some other comps you would consider taking mindbender on? Have you tested mindbender vs saving 2 mindspike procs for your big burst?

sorry for all the questions :p

e: also, are there any times when you absolutely, 100% will cast psychic horror? ie during a hunter's cds even if people are at full health?

i'd also grab mindbender if i know i'm going to get cleaved by 2 melee and will be unable to cast. fdcl will always be more overall pressure than mindbender. keep in mind that mindbender/shadowfiend are incredibly easy to stop.

i will always cast horror on a melee dps popping cds (like a warrior). and to prevent a warrior casting shattering throw.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]