What is the likelyhood of...

90 Tauren Death Knight
Bolvar Fordragon taking Revenge on Alexstraza for turning him into Humanoid Charcoal?

Since Kelthuzad's status is flagged as unknown i think there is room for a comeback. Or is it just wishful thinking on my part.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
Bolvar goes mad from the whispers of various bad people, like KT. Or the influence of his helmet himself. The scourge amass and tear down Wyrmrest temple. He turns Alex into an Emberwyrm and rides her skeletal form around as a mount.

Sure, sounds fun.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
lol
Reply Quote
Zero. Bolvar has shown no resentment towards Alex. A lot of his claim to heroism consists of being able to roll with the punches, in fact, up to and including becoming the Lich King. Bolvar endures. Stiff upper lip. No whining allowed.

I do wonder how long this can hold up under the burden of being a Lich King, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
With a little persuasion from the voice inside the helmet i am sure he can be convinced.

( I don't buy that Arthas can just teleport Frostmourne inside his head and kill Nerzul in his sleep. That doesn't make any sense, you can't just kill a ghost that lives inside you by killing it in your sleep)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
( I don't buy that Arthas can just teleport Frostmourne inside his head and kill Nerzul in his sleep. That doesn't make any sense, you can't just kill a ghost that lives inside you by killing it in your sleep)

It wasn't Frostmourne. His spirit basically overwhelmed Ner'Zhul's.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
One moment (/facedesk)
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
One thing that bugged me about the idea that Arthas totally annihilates the Ner'zhul persona is that it just seems... out of the blue. Ner'zhul was the dominant force throughout WC3, and the end of TFT keeps talking about them "merging" ... then suddenly the two of them are dueling inside his head?

Also I'm confused as to why the Lich King refers to himself as a former shaman in Howling Fjord if it's supposed to be 100% Arthas.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/17/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Aureus
Ner'zhul was the dominant force throughout WC3, and the end of TFT keeps talking about them "merging" ... then suddenly the two of them are dueling inside his head?

They weren't exactly dueling. Ner'zhul wanted to merge into a composite entity with all the best qualities from each of them. He was caught completely off-guard when Arthas rejected that and turned on him.

11/17/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Aureus
Also I'm confused as to why the Lich King refers to himself as a former shaman in Howling Fjord if it's supposed to be 100% Arthas.

Arthas saw Ner'zhul's memories - everything he'd ever seen, done or known - when he put the helmet on. He would remember being a shaman, even if that memory wasn't originally his.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
With a little persuasion from the voice inside the helmet i am sure he can be convinced.

I've said it once about these "LolBolvargoescrazy" ideas, I've said it a thousand times. Not only is it pissing on everything we've ever done in Wrath, There's also no grounds for it. It's been confirmed that Ner'zul and Arthas are gone from the helm. the ONLY entity left within the helmet is Bolvar. There's nothing "to" convince him to do evil, besides sheer boredom (A lame excuse to turn evil, I might add.)
Reply Quote
26 Worgen Hunter
One thing that bugged me about the idea that Arthas totally annihilates the Ner'zhul persona is that it just seems... out of the blue. Ner'zhul was the dominant force throughout WC3, and the end of TFT keeps talking about them "merging" ... then suddenly the two of them are dueling inside his head?

I always thought that the Arthas who killed Nerz'hul was the merged persona. The child version of Arthas was all that was left of Arthas, the Nerz'hul just prior to being overwhelmed was all that was left of the orc.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
11/17/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Mallgore
Bolvar Fordragon taking Revenge on Alexstraza for turning him into Humanoid Charcoal?

Considering she saved him from being taken by the plague, I doubt it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
There is no such thing as an incorruptable man. With the status of Kelthuzad still up in the air i do not think that Bolvar is done yet. Plus it could provide a great opportunity for everyone to distrust the argent Crusade and Tirion Specifically. Considering Sylvanas wouldn't have gotten as far as she had in Cata if Bolvar wasn't a jailor but instead an excecutioner.

The whole concept of "there must always be a lich king" Is kinda flawed. I understand temporary control of the scourge but again, why not just recall the undead and have the dragons carpet bomb them from the sky? Hell why not have everyone just carpet Bomb the scourge remnants? Without a leader at the end of wrath the various necromancers are disorganized. What is Tirion Even doing? Why isn't he having a more active role in mopping up whatever scourge are left in the Plague lands? Is he totally oblivious to the fact that Sylvanas is rasing the dead like the Lich King was?

The only way to make any sense of this is if Tyrion suffers the pentaly for allowing the undead to still roam about. Unless this is just a George lucas Caliber blunder thats never going to be adressed again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I hope he never gets the chance.

Honestly, when we face down the Scourge again, I really, really don't want it to be the predictable Tal'Rasha styled plotline where Bolvar goes nutty/evil.

I'd rather have something come along and take that power from him, or... who knows? Maybe it just plain shuts off, and the Scourge goes loco in his absense. The Crown of Domination BSODs like my PC currently, and Bolvar's left sitting there going "well, crap. Now what?" Farfetched, but maybe - I doubt very much that Kil'Jaeden would have wanted an indefinite Lich King given the original time table of that invasion...

WhatEVER they do with it, I just don't want to see it being the path of least resistance and greatest predictability - again, the Tal'Rasha route.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Well Again Kel'thuzad is still alive. For all we know he could have come up with a plan to seize the crown from bolvar and have Arthas's corpse stolen from wherever its burried. Or Kelthuzad becomes Lich king.

Its been years now and Quite frankly he has had enough time to regenerate and regroup.

And when Kel'thuzad strikes again everyone is going to blame Tirion for the whole mess because he allowed the scourge to survive at all. Even though we understand the reason behind it, if blizzard was smart, the rest of Azeroth will feel betrayed.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Big problem with Kel'thuzad becoming the Lich King. He's a Lich...He can't put it on his head or even grab it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Well Again Kel'thuzad is still alive. For all we know he could have come up with a plan to seize the crown from bolvar and have Arthas's corpse stolen from wherever its burried. Or Kelthuzad becomes Lich king.

Its been years now and Quite frankly he has had enough time to regenerate and regroup.

And when Kel'thuzad strikes again everyone is going to blame Tirion for the whole mess because he allowed the scourge to survive at all. Even though we understand the reason behind it, if blizzard was smart, the rest of Azeroth will feel betrayed.

arthas' body would serve no use, his soul is long gone at this point. Kel'thuzad also doesnt have the power to beat the wielder of the helm of domination
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]