Stampede question

90 Blood Elf Hunter
Req
New hunter here,

Whats up with all the QQ about stampede, isnt it pretty much an added 25% do your pet damage for 20 sec? 5 * 25%?( reading the tooltip). Sounds like a pretty lame damage buff. Why is the CD so big and so much qq then?

Or am I missing something ?
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
there was a bug in arenas where each pet did 100% damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
SoF
I also heard using kill command will work on stampede pets too?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It increases the damage of your pet (Pets) to 200%, as your primary pet still does 100% damage plus the other four doing 25% each, but outside of BM thats not the reason its valuable.

The real reason its useful is because assuming your willing to optimize your pet loadout, your other four pets should bring a myriad of buffs and debuffs that can add a substantial amount of group damag during that window and some even carry over quite a bit longer than 20 seconds themselves, such as roar of courage or ferocious howl. This is alot more signifigant in 5 mans where the chances of every group buff and debuff being covered are next to nothing, and varies dramatically based on the 5 pets you bring and who your grouped with, for example I run with a cat, wolf, boar, wind serpent and hyena so during stampede I can provide 10% melee haste, crit, magic vulnerability, physical vulnerability and mastery.

And no kill command will not work with the stampede pets. They use the abilities you had set to auto cast, so the basic, growl and the family skill.

On that note don't forget to turn growl of on all 5 of your pets before using it in dungeons so they wont be taunting !@#$ like crazy when you use it, very annoying for the tank when hunters open up with a an army of aggro crazy vermin.
Edited by Nabudis on 11/18/2012 7:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Req
It increases the damage of your pet (Pets) to 200%, as your primary pet still does 100% damage plus the other four doing 25% each, but outside of BM thats not the reason its valuable.

The real reason its useful is because assuming your willing to optimize your pet loadout, your other four pets should bring a myriad of buffs and debuffs that can add a substantial amount of group damag during that window and some even carry over quite a bit longer than 20 seconds themselves, such as roar of courage or ferocious howl. This is alot more signifigant in 5 mans where the chances of every group buff and debuff being covered are next to nothing, and varies dramatically based on the 5 pets you bring and who your grouped with, for example I run with a cat, wolf, boar, wind serpent and hyena so during stampede I can provide 10% melee haste, crit, magic vulnerability, physical vulnerability and mastery.

And no kill command will not work with the stampede pets. They use the abilities you had set to auto cast, so the basic, growl and the family skill.

On that note don't forget to turn growl of on all 5 of your pets before using it in dungeons so they wont be taunting !@#$ like crazy when you use it, very annoying for the tank when hunters open up with a an army of aggro crazy vermin.

Make more sense now, thanks. Looking forward to it:)
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Hunter
since stampeded no longer deal so much dmg i think the long cooldown pretty much destroy this skill. 5-min cd for additional 100% pet dmg?the worst 5-min cd in the game
lynx rush deals way more dps that this skill and only 1.5min cd and blizzard gonna nerf this next patch

they should put stampede a 1-min skill and leave lynx rush as it is or buff blink strike to slow movement speed 70%/increase the dmg output to 1200% to balance our lost in lynx rush and stampede
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
As Nabudis said, it's all the other buffs you get that make it handy. Throw a spider or silithid in there, and when you hit stampede, you automatically get the target webbed. Have a bear or tenacity pet in there, and they charge and stun the target.

Not to mention all the extra buffs you get from all the active pets for the 20 secs.

Hit stampede at the right time, and it's good night target. Yes, the 5 min CD is annoying, but I love when it's up, and the satisfaction of hearing the trumpet, as it ushers in major FUBAR for the target :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It doesnt matter anymore, the bugs fixed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]