Demonology Warlocks

90 Human Warrior
the only reason i'm making this post is because i see no demo changes that affect their damage in the upcoming patch, and if it stays that way i'm most likely quitting the game.

http://i.imgur.com/4wlrc.jpg - go ahead armory the paladin, hes in full gear

and if you'll go ahead and take a look at the time on the left, yes 2 seconds, keep up the good work blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Vox
It would be different if said casts were interruptable, but yeah insta casts for 180k is legit 2 times within 2 seconds. GG
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
well if something in the game is bad enough that a player is going to quit because of it, its obviously emphasizing that its a very big issue to them. i don't really understand why i had to explain that u'd think that's common sense
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
the only reason i'm making this post is because i see no demo changes that affect their damage in the upcoming patch, and if it stays that way i'm most likely quitting the game.

and if you'll go ahead and take a look at the time on the left, yes 2 seconds, keep up the good work blizzard.

JUST INTERRUPT THE CHAOS BO...

wait nvm
Reply Quote
mmmm the warrior tears
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Snutz played 2 times this season and won a Blizzard tournament. If this doesn't say something about Demo Warlocks, I don't know what does.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
TMO
Damn, triple crit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's been countless times in 2s and 3s I've copped 180k+160k instantly and died..
That's with 60% resilience..
I've had to check my combat log wondering wtf happened only to see chaos wave hit you for a stupid amount (L2P).
But that's ok, warriors demo locks and mages frost bomb ect are working as intended.
Shadow priests can't spam heals.
Hybrids need a nerf.
L2P
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Bye.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
learn to bubble when the lock pops everything, or los it.

it is very avoidable if you simply get behind los before the wave hits you.

avoid it, and you win its all we got.
Reply Quote
10 Human Mage
do demo locks even cast?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Hmmmm Im sorry I was under the impression that when people pop offensive cooldowns... you should pop defensive cooldowns??
+ You can dispel/cc/silence it..

When ret pop wings/guardian or enhance shamans pop ascendance wolves I usually pop defensive cooldowns as well... maybe you should to?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Bye...
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
11/18/2012 11:35 PMPosted by Efx
Snutz played 2 times this season and won a Blizzard tournament. If this doesn't say something about Demo Warlocks, I don't know what does.

Actually, snutz, venruki, and kollektiv were playing up to 9 hours a day of arena in preparation for this tournament for weeks. They were quite secretive about it, didn't want anyone on their team to stream or really leak much information about their strats outside of their circle. Snutz didn't even play his main lock, it was mostly ptr/wargames on alts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 02:28 AMPosted by Rottingsr

Actually, snutz, venruki, and kollektiv were playing up to 9 hours a day of arena in preparation for this tournament for weeks. They were quite secretive about it, didn't want anyone on their team to stream or really leak much information about their strats outside of their circle. Snutz didn't even play his main lock, it was mostly ptr/wargames on alts.

He even didn't do any new videos on skillcapped which i check pretty often.
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Demo locks are trash.

They are only good every 2 minutes.

I wish they would nerf Demo and buff the hell out of Affliction.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
A demo lock with Dark Soul up still can be :
- CCed
- Silenced
- Purged
- Dispelled
- Spealsteal-ed
- Out of LoS-ed
- You popping defensive CDs

Nevertheless, I agree that Demo Locks damage is too high.
I personally think that Blizzard wants to make Demo Lock to be equal in burst to his true rival, Frost Mages.
Speaking of burst only, frost mages can do crazy burst every 1 min (frozen orb is the longest CD compared to DF, frost bomb and pet freeze - these are components for frost mages' burst).
Demo locks can do crazy burst every 2 min (Dark Soul) but even with longer CD, in this patch, demo locks arguably have better survivability compared to frost mages (teleport, HS (glyphed), gateway, dark regen, sacrificial pet and lolbloodfear).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

Yeah. Says that, at the end, they couldn't even score a kill. Says that all these people qualified as affliction in Cata and chose the least bad option left to them. Says that some people just really love spreading false or misrepresented information. Hell, five stack TFB has to happen far more often than whatever stars must align for crits that high. Must have a skull banner, all cooldowns and buffs active, AND both critting with only a ~10% chance. Oh, and it not getting buggy with LoS after the cast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]