Demonology Warlocks

93 Pandaren Shaman
woohooo one less warrior
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
the only reason i'm making this post is because i see no demo changes that affect their damage in the upcoming patch, and if it stays that way i'm most likely quitting the game.

http://i.imgur.com/4wlrc.jpg - go ahead armory the paladin, hes in full gear

and if you'll go ahead and take a look at the time on the left, yes 2 seconds, keep up the good work blizzard.

Pack your bags! Shall we help pack for you? Because clearly you don't understand the class and crying over what you don't understand is useful in this community.

Did he pop demon soul? Yes > Charge > shockwave > fear > pummel > mass spell reflect > reflect > hand of justice > bubble > hand of protection ( stops touch of chaos ) so many things you can do.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/19/2012 7:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i love how people just state the obvious defensive cooldowns they can use when they clearly can't see that it was probably popped in an earlier pressure state or they got stunned without a trinket

keep on trying to defend the stupid 1 shot button though guys!! it's obviously balanced because of defensive cooldowns
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
the only reason i'm making this post is because i see no demo changes that affect their damage in the upcoming patch, and if it stays that way i'm most likely quitting the game.

http://i.imgur.com/4wlrc.jpg - go ahead armory the paladin, hes in full gear

and if you'll go ahead and take a look at the time on the left, yes 2 seconds, keep up the good work blizzard.

Pack your bags! Shall we help pack for you? Because clearly you don't understand the class and crying over what you don't understand is useful in this community.

Did he pop demon soul? Yes > Charge > shockwave > fear > pummel > mass spell reflect > reflect > hand of justice > bubble > hand of protection ( stops touch of chaos ) so many things you can do.

He took that damage in 2 seconds...are...are you serious?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Demo Lock aren't op! O wait there's 2 demo lock in every RBGS team just so they can cleave down everyone at the same time!!!! Yes, their burst need time to build but wait... YOU HAVE SO MUCH DEFENSIVE !!! Port! Healthstone! That stupid barrier! another barrier!!! instants fear! ANOTHER INSTANT FEAR!!!! and than BOOAMAOMMAMAMAMOOOOOMMM CLEAAAVINNNNNNNNN 3 peopleeee downnn!!!!!

^ I made my point cya!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Demo Lock aren't op! O wait there's 2 demo lock in every RBGS team just so they can cleave down everyone at the same time!!!! Yes, their burst need time to build but wait... YOU HAVE SO MUCH DEFENSIVE !!! Port! Healthstone! That stupid barrier! another barrier!!! instants fear! ANOTHER INSTANT FEAR!!!! and than BOOAMAOMMAMAMAMOOOOOMMM CLEAAAVINNNNNNNNN 3 peopleeee downnn!!!!!

^ I made my point cya!

I have never seen a demo warlock in rbgs. Destro is always taken for the rain of fire.

11/19/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Zarrokist
He took that damage in 2 seconds...are...are you serious?

It takes time for chaos wave to land, if you see the wave you can stop it by using your cool downs, yes I am serious. The paladin got unlucky crits x3 very rare with 12% chance to crit itself and then he didn't pop any defensives. Cooldowns should always kill a player who doesn't use cooldowns... If he popped the magic damage reducing cooldown that paladins have, it wouldn't have killed him. Combine that with hand of protection and all the pressure ends... So 100% dead serious, he got out played.

PS) 3 globals take more then 2 seconds. chaos wave takes 1-2 seconds to land. This was in about 4-6 seconds. About the amount of time it takes a mage to kill you in a deep freeze, warrior to kill you in avatar, elemental to kill you in ascendance... you get the point.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/19/2012 8:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Triple crit, chances of this happening are very low.

Still doesn't make it right. Maybe should lower the cooldown and reduce damage so that pve wise it isn't an overall damage nerf, only a burst nerf in pvp.
Reply Quote
93 Pandaren Shaman

^ I made my point cya!

uh destruction is the RBG spec for locks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

It takes time for chaos wave to land, if you see the wave you can stop it by using your cool downs, yes I am serious.

Stand closer to your target? From what I've seen the wave ends in under 2 seconds or so, and I think you're being ridiculous to assume that people can just see it coming and move out of the way as easily as you imply. Not even counting the fact that you can easily stun, slow, snare the target so that can't happen.

The paladin got unlucky crits x3 very rare with 12% chance to crit itself and then he didn't pop any defensives.

Crits are rare...okay got it.. That's not a good excuse, even if this damage didn't crit it would still be unreasonable...

He didn't pop any defenses because he died in 2 seconds

Cooldowns should always kill a player who doesn't use cooldowns... If he popped the magic damage reducing cooldown that paladins have, it wouldn't have killed him. Combine that with hand of protection and all the pressure ends... So 100% dead serious, he got out played.

That's a very board statement, and I think if that were true we'd have a pretty terrible game.(unfortunately it is true of some classes though)

I'm pretty sure Blizzard don't want people just able to kill people by popping all their CDs and not CC'ing..

Also how do you know he wasn't in a Deep? Or Coil? or Root?

PS) 3 globals take more then 2 seconds. chaos wave takes 1-2 seconds to land. This was in about 4-6 seconds. About the amount of time it takes a mage to kill you in a deep freeze, warrior to kill you in avatar... you get the point.

So basically your logic is that if mages and warriors can do broken burst then so should demo warlocks? Do you work for Blizzard?

elemental to kill you in ascendance

lol
Edited by Zarrokist on 11/19/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i love how you've all degraded this too a "oh well its not op because u should have realized you were going to die in 2.02 seconds and popped a cooldown". or "we'll everything crit thats really rare".

i dont really care at all if its a .0000001% chance of happening, something like that shouldnt even be in the damn game, just like how 5 stacks of taste for blood is rare but if u get RNG procs gg 380k heroic strike u win the game, thats absolutely absurd and has no reason to be in the game and should be removed, as should this.
Edited by Rhaw on 11/19/2012 8:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i love how you've all degraded this too a "oh well its not op because u should have realized you were going to die in 2.02 seconds and popped a cooldown". or "we'll everything crit thats really rare".

i dont really care at all if its a .0000001% chance of happening, something like that shouldnt even be in the damn game, just like how 5 stacks of taste for blood is rare but if u get RNG procs gg 380k heroic strike u win the game, thats absolutely absurd and has no reason to be in the game and should be removed, as should this.

Longer then 2 seconds, more like 4-6. yes you should have realized he's using everything so pop a cooldown. 1 COOLDOWN could have stopped it. just 1. Your fault.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/19/2012 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
What if it was a Disc priest? What could have saved me from that damage sir?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Longer then 2 seconds, more like 4-6. yes you should have realized he's using everything so pop a cooldown. 1 COOLDOWN could have stopped it. just 1. Your fault.

The time in which it took his health to go from 100% to 0% was 2 seconds.

Both your 'avoid it' and 'pop cds' arguments are pretty flimsy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Longer then 2 seconds, more like 4-6.

If you can't pop a single cooldown in 4-6 seconds you deserve to lose. Not even the paladin had to pop it, the warrior could have helped. A simple fear.. stun... gag order silence?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/18/2012 11:23 PMPosted by Goonhah
Why does everyone use "or else I'm going to quit" as a way to somehow make their point flashier or something?

Even if it got fixed, same whiners will find something else to quit over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Sorry but 3 globals in 2 seconds with a delay on 2 of the globals? I don't believe it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Sorry but 3 globals in 2 seconds with a delay on 2 of the globals? I don't believe it.

You don't believe what exactly? I'm not denying that Chaos Wave may have a bit of travel, but I think you are seriously reaching if you think that avoiding it is a viable strategy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

You don't believe what exactly? I'm not denying that Chaos Wave may have a bit of travel, but I think you are seriously reaching if you think that avoiding it is a viable strategy.

If it was that strong and impossible to stop so many teams in the tournament wouldn't have done it. If you are implying that it's a guaranteed kill you are seriously reaching. Anyone with decent rating knows it's strong if you don't stop it... but seriously easy to stop. You just have to pay attention once every 2 minutes.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/19/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Needless to say, when you see a big !@# purple demon on your screen...cc it in anyway possible. Just like when you see pally pop wings, you have to cc it/kite it or it does hurtful damage. And don't say you have no cc because every single character has at least 1 or 2. Once you get better at this, you will find demo is a pretty crappy spec outside of meta/cds. Also, I got up to 1400rbg rating as demo. They still have great aoe for base games.
Edited by Jugaa on 11/19/2012 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]