Demonology Warlocks

90 Orc Shaman
you cant say chaos waves are avoidable when warlocks have the most ccs in the game atm, fear, axe toss, mortal coil, another fear then axe toss again and by then your dead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Shockilla
you cant say chaos waves are avoidable when warlocks have the most ccs in the game atm, fear, axe toss, mortal coil, another fear then axe toss again and by then your dead.

Tremor.. grounding? Where is your partner in all of this?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
tremor first fear into another still has 6 seconds on second fear..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

And blood fear is a 10 second cd...and replaces casted fear.
Also:

11/19/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Malefîcium
Where is your partner in all of this?

This game isn't based around 1v1.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Shockilla

A good shaman will save a tremor / trinket for when the warlocks demonsoul is up. Considering that's the only time he's actually doing pressure.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Also the game isn't based around 2v2 either. In a 3v3 scenario you have 2 partners to help you...
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

You don't believe what exactly? I'm not denying that Chaos Wave may have a bit of travel, but I think you are seriously reaching if you think that avoiding it is a viable strategy.

If it was that strong and impossible to stop so many teams in the tournament wouldn't have done it. If you are implying that it's a guaranteed kill you are seriously reaching. Anyone with decent rating knows it's strong if you don't stop it... but seriously easy to stop. You just have to pay attention once every 2 minutes.

If it was that strong and impossible to stop so many teams in the tournament wouldn't have done it.

When was this happening so often? I only watched a small part of the tournament and the finals and I never saw players purposefully attempting to avoid waves, only accidentally.

But this is irrelevent, if you stand near the player, or CC the player, you can land a chaos wave.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Zarrokist
if you stand near the player, or CC the player, you can land a chaos wave.

Not if the warlock is cc'd.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Edit: I was going to lay into you with your ratings and clear lack of experience however I think I'll stop posting in this thread! Have a good day.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/19/2012 9:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
11/19/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Malefîcium
Edit: I was going to lay into you with your ratings and clear lack of experience however I think I'll stop posting in this thread! Have a good day.

Because you have no other arguments and you're backed into a corner.

I expected it at some point so it wouldn't surprise me. But, I've been higher rated than you in multiple seasons and your opinion also means absolutely nothing to me, so who cares, right?
Edited by Zarrokist on 11/19/2012 9:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Shockilla

Um, blood fear has a 10 sec cd and does 10% dmg to lock, axe toss is like a 30 sec cd and mortal coil has a 45 sec cd. Other then chaining all those together that's all the cd a lock has. Plenty of other classes have similar cc's if not more.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Because you have no other arguments and you're backed into a corner. I expected it at some point so it wouldn't surprise me. But, I've been higher rated than you in multiple season so it really would not bother me.

Backed into a corner? I'm nowhere near it. You simply can't fathom how to play arena so I can't find a way to explain to you how control or cooldowns work. I've given plenty of reasons in this thread on how you can stop it, it just goes over your head.

I mean clearly a 1600 player with a 50% win loss has more understanding then a 2350 player with a 75% win loss. /end rant done in this thread. ^^
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/19/2012 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Mmmmmmm... Warrior tears...
Reply Quote

and if you'll go ahead and take a look at the time on the left, yes 2 seconds, keep up the good work blizzard.

shutup warriors can do it too, we all can
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I would just like to point out that the recount screenshot proves nothing.

Chaos wave has a travel time. I've had it fly around harmlessly for 20 seconds before it even hits my target. All the screenshot proves is that both of the waves hit him within two seconds.

That may have been 10 globals ago for the warlock, who knows. Not that i'm defending the damage it does or anything, just making a point that the paladin may have had ample time to react while they whizzed through the air. Or he may have been stunned at point blank range, the screenshot doesn't show anything important besides the damage.. Which is what should be the focus of the discussion here, not how many seconds he had to react, as we have no idea how long that may have been.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior

Backed into a corner? I'm nowhere near it.

Seems like you are since you're resorting to ad hominem attacks.

You simply can't fathom how to play arena so I can't find a way to explain to you how control or cooldowns work. I've given plenty of reasons in this thread on how you can stop it, it just goes over your head.

And I explained very concisely why your arguments are flawed, as have many other people. You're just ignorant and arrogant. Bad mix.

I mean clearly a 1600 player with a 50% win loss has more understanding then a 2350 player with a 75% win loss. /end rant done in this thread. ^^

You don't know anything about me actually.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Backed into a corner? I'm nowhere near it.

You simply can't fathom how to play arena so I can't find a way to explain to you how control or cooldowns work. I've given plenty of reasons in this thread on how you can stop it, it just goes over your head.

And I explained very concisely why your arguments are flawed, as have many other people. You're just ignorant and arrogant. Bad mix.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Zarrokist/statistic#21:152

I know plenty.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Zarrokist
When was this happening so often? I only watched a small part of the tournament and the finals and I never saw players purposefully attempting to avoid waves, only accidentally.

Is that a joke? Watch the games where the warrior team faced up against a demo lock. That warrior was out of there so fast when a chaos wave was on its way that they timed out games doing it.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Monk
11/19/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Malefîcium
It takes time for chaos wave to land, if you see the wave you can stop it by using your cool downs, yes I am serious. The paladin got unlucky crits x3 very rare with 12% chance to crit itself and then he didn't pop any defensives. Cooldowns should always kill a player who doesn't use cooldowns... If he popped the magic damage reducing cooldown that paladins have, it wouldn't have killed him. Combine that with hand of protection and all the pressure ends... So 100% dead serious, he got out played.

Demo locks and warriors sound a lot alike with these "Don't nerf me bro" posts.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
11/19/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Selenora

Is that a joke? Watch the games where the warrior team faced up against a demo lock. That warrior was out of there so fast when a chaos wave was on its way that they timed out games doing it.

This doesn't mean anything. Warriors do this against every class, leap/intervene out of danger.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/tichondrius/Zarrokist/statistic#21:152

I know plenty.

Sure you do buddy /pat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]