Demonology Warlocks

90 Human Warlock
You've already stated this before, you're basing your opinion on 1500 play, might as well just go on my bm huner and pop stampede / lynx rush right away on ur face n kill u cuz ur bad anyways.

Look it's easy, u see lock go meta u run as u see the waves slowly falling on ur face, u avoided 100% of that "200k" damge u keep telling every1 about and you still have all your defensive and offensive cool downs up.

You keep saying the damage comes the fastest? REALLY WARRIOR REALLY? I have to build 500 demonic fury to even want to change meta, u just have to click a button whenever u judge the time is right.

Do you know what happens if I meta on ur face right away? i cast 1 chaos wave on u, u charge me therefore taking zero damage from it n then i have zero demonic fury cuz its takes 240 to cast 2. Then guess what happens? u avatar my !@# and i used my demon fury alrdy n i can't pop raid wall or go back meta form to kick u off the bridge/ ledge n i die.

So really, you DO want the locks to use all cds "too fast", it's good for you
Edited by Obscurity on 11/19/2012 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Talios all melee DMG and burst is also instant !@#$ you have no clue wtf your talking about anytime a demo lock pops CDs it can be purged stolen or dispelled or he can just be cc I don know what people do at your low of a mmr but its completely different at the competitive levels.

If you see a warlock use chaos wave run away or heroic leap away it not hard now this is a L2P issue did you watch the tourney??! They had games go a full 20 min and end in a draw because noone could get a kill but no idiots like you still cry QQ about demo locks so sick of the baddies in this game!!

ONE game went to 20 minutes.

Don't come in here all huffin and puffin, my facts still stand. And don't take shots at my MMR I am a fan of WATCHING ARENA more than PLAYING and I can clearly see when balance is needed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
All my Facts still stand, Demo Burst is the fastest of all classes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Talios
I am a fan of WATCHING ARENA more than PLAYING and I can clearly see when balance is needed.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
11/19/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Jugaa
lol

yeah this is my first week of arena in very poor gear and i went 9-9, what did you do?

0-1. hmm must not have the taste for it.
Edited by Talios on 11/19/2012 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
yeah this is my first week of arena in very poor gear and i went 9-9, what did you do?

0-1. hmm must not have the taste for it.

Nah I do 2s for points then leave once my CP caps :P I don't have a good schedule to keep a team. And, not that I have to justify myself to you, but I'm going to focus more on RBGs than anything.
Edited by Jugaa on 11/19/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I got crit for 200k, in defensive stance, will 6 pieces of conquest gear, by a demo lock, followed by a 100k non crit.
Reply Quote
84 Human Rogue
Here's a good strat on how to beat a demo lock.

First thing u must know is that a demo lock unlike frost mages, warrior, ret pallies, hunters can not run in at the start of the fight and blow all cds and hit u with a double chaos wave and kill u. They take time to build up fury. What u must do at the start of the fight is kill the pet, first time you kill the pet it will be automaticly resummon but if u kill the pet a 2nd time the lock will either have to use meta and burn fury on another instant summon.

If the lock does that the pet summon goes into a cd so if u kill the pet a 2nd time the lock will not be able to summon another for a bit. That right there will take away the pet stun and some of the locks burst. But more importantly it will slow down the amount of fury the lock generates, keeping him from having enough fury to pop meta and casting 2 chaos wave.

Its important to save your defensive cds on a demo lock into u see him him turn into a red glowy demon. If u survive the double chaos wave then u have a 2 min windon untill you see and burst from that lock. By the time 2 mins are up you should have your trinket/defensive cds ready for the next burst.

Tl:Dr demo lock's burst takes time to build up and is easy to avoid. Use you defensive cds more wisely.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

yeah this is my first week of arena

I can clearly see when balance is needed.

you are clearly an expert
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
11/19/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Leupacob
you are clearly an expert

Shhh he's more of a spectator, so he knows everything. /sarcasm
Reply Quote
i love how you've all degraded this too a "oh well its not op because u should have realized you were going to die in 2.02 seconds and popped a cooldown". or "we'll everything crit thats really rare".

i dont really care at all if its a .0000001% chance of happening, something like that shouldnt even be in the damn game, just like how 5 stacks of taste for blood is rare but if u get RNG procs gg 380k heroic strike u win the game, thats absolutely absurd and has no reason to be in the game and should be removed, as should this.

you see a warlock glowing red and two huge black waves coming out of him
1. you blow defensive cds if you're in the open, and take much less damage.
2. you los the warlock
3. your healer dispells dark soul and reduces the damage by at least 20%
4. you do nothing and cry you're going to quit.
This whole game is RNG the whole game period is RNG oh yeah RNG.
Reply Quote
11/19/2012 02:00 PMPosted by Talios
ONE game went to 20 minutes.

you must not have been looking to closely because 4 or more games went longer then 20 mins lol.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I got crit for 200k, in defensive stance, will 6 pieces of conquest gear, by a demo lock, followed by a 100k non crit.

Those numbers are made up. There's no Demo Lock ability that has a damage modifier high enough to hit you for a 100k non-crit (in an arena.)

Well actually.... I've done it.

I've done 230K+ crits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsqKBjRlTU&list=UU2zqKOyQkZgVj-YJqsBnjQQ&index=3&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1J-ClmIqxE&list=UU2zqKOyQkZgVj-YJqsBnjQQ&index=1&feature=plcp

At the time I was gemmed for pure Pvp power combined with my already gained mass conquest gear and tier 2 weapon and sacrifice pet, I can hit those numbers. It's much harder in my bracket as I get 80-90k's max non crit. However when I do 2v2 in the 1700 bracket with friends to cap them I mow over a few teams.

TLDR: With massive gear difference I can hit those numbers. In same bracket same gear, I can't.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/20/2012 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
i love the double standard alot of casters have.

"if you beat me youre OP and need nerfed no matter what, but if i beat you im skilled no matter what and you should just L2P"

this pretty well sums it up.
Edited by Soltani on 11/20/2012 3:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
Guys just let this thread die. Why is anyone even entertaining a single thing this warrior types. The guy (tailos) has played 18 arena matches, total, his entire life.... 0 of them were in 3v3s. I mean, cmon, there is no way in hell blizzard is going to take advice from this kind of person, i wouldnt waste a second arguing with him.

,His response to be called out is "i watch videos." Well !@#$ by that logic i drive a ferrari enzo because i was watching a video of one driving the other day. I am also a doctor because i watched Trauma: Life in the ER last night. I will be speaking at a medical conference in Denver next week now.

And you guys wonder where he gets his blatantly inaccurate info from? "Itz are teh fasterist burst to do on thiz gayme guys." This kid has likely never even fought a demo warlock in arena in one of the 18 2s matches hes played at 200 mmr.
Reply Quote
93 Human Warlock
11/19/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Psyops
Those numbers are made up. There's no Demo Lock ability that has a damage modifier high enough to hit you for a 100k non-crit (in an arena.)

Well I can get 180k crits and I don't have all conquest gear so it's probably possible especially if he doesn't have full pvp gear.

Wars in full conquest can pop their cd's and kill me through Sacrificial pact, UR, and HS/DR. Bm hunters can pretty much do the same. Frost mages can do their burst every 30 seconds with or without their big cd's.

People just complain about the big crits when other classes do the same with 3-4 6070k crits in the same amount of time with less build up time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]