Garalon..

90 Tauren Warrior
I'm aware you don't "tank" this fight.

But say if myself and the other tank go in DPS gear DPS spec soaking the fury is this viable or that depending on our healers.

We are wiping at 3% to enrage each time.

Or dps gear tank spec?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It seems one of the strategies is to use some combination of non-tanks as the cleave soakers, yes. I've heard of DPS/Healer, and seen Tank/DPS.
Edited by Serinicas on 11/19/2012 4:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Worked for us. I ended up going frost in blood pres, and never had a problem. Pumped out an extra ~10k or so dps too, so that's nice. Our Prot Pal did have survival issues as ret, but I think that may have been more of a pebkac error than anything regarding the spec itself.

Supposedly a lot of guilds just have two rogues do it and use feint prior to the slash.
Edited by Einsanity on 11/19/2012 5:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Our Blood DK had trouble soaking as frost. He could do it, but it'd take him down to 10-25%.

Our rogue was the same way using Feint.

I just stay prot, throw on all ret gear with sword 'n board.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We managed to get him down with two full tanks last night, but just by the skin of our teeth. I think he had about 2 seconds to enrage.

I swapped a couple of items around to give me more DPS as well as used a Strength flask. At the same time, everyone somehow managed to up their DPS between 5k and 15k for the kill.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I swapped a couple of items around to give me more DPS as well as used a Strength flask. At the same time, everyone somehow managed to up their DPS between 5k and 15k for the kill.

Oh yeah. I used strength food and flask I believe. Once the ranged get the boss moving right, I hop into the sweet spot for a leg in front and pop wings/HA and blow a leg up with the other tank.

Once you get a kill, and practice on the mechanics, you can spend more focus on actually DPSing and passively adjust to movement, positioning pretty much.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
We had trouble trying to do prot+healer but Tank+plate DPS is fine
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
SWC
The way we've been doing it was 1 tank and a rogue. We tried using plate dps and they just take considerably more damage than a tank. I'd take 30-50k as a tank and 177-190k as ret. We've been getting him down to a couple % before the enrage.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
I've done this fight for every kill my guild has gotten now in blood spec with dps gear on. I only pull about 38k or so.

We've been fine. I'd say its your other DPS that need to step it up, potentially. Are they making the most of leg dps/standing in circles? Are they switching to the body whenever a leg isn't up? Are multidotters, well, multidotting?

On a side note, this does make me want to go make my own topic about Garalon, but a different question. Thanks for reminding me, OP. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Our rogue was the same way using Feint.

I don't think Feint actually reduces it, unless you're taltented for the 10%(?) I guess.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/19/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This is 10 man, We are using 2 tanks myself and a blood DK and a holy pally to do pheromones, stacking it up to 30?

How are yous doing it?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This is 10 man, We are using 2 tanks myself and a blood DK and a holy pally to do pheromones, stacking it up to 30?

How are yous doing it?

Ouch, that is a lot of raid-wide damage. We actually use 4 kiters. 2 tanks (monk and myself), a hunter and balance druid and we just got in on the timer. We stack to 20 and then swap.

Are you using 3 healers to compensate for the extra raid damage? That might be a start to fix.
Edited by Amoracchia on 11/19/2012 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
I've done this fight for every kill my guild has gotten now in blood spec with dps gear on. I only pull about 38k or so.

We've been fine. I'd say its your other DPS that need to step it up, potentially. Are they making the most of leg dps/standing in circles? Are they switching to the body whenever a leg isn't up? Are multidotters, well, multidotting?

On a side note, this does make me want to go make my own topic about Garalon, but a different question. Thanks for reminding me, OP. :)

I should also say that I'm the only tank in. The OT can't pull as much so he's been sat every week (despite my insistence on bringing him over me - my dps isn't that much either and both tank drops would better serve him than me). It's usually me and our rotating plate DPS that soak with me (they both soak when I kite).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
We do this just fine with 2/3/5, using 3 ranged and a healer for Pheremones.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior

How are yous doing it?

Ouch, that is a lot of raid-wide damage. We actually use 4 kiters. 2 tanks (monk and myself), a hunter and balance druid and we just got in on the timer. We stack to 20 and then swap.

Are you using 3 healers to compensate for the extra raid damage? That might be a start to fix.

Yes we are 3 healing would it be better to use 4 kiters stacking to 20?

The extra stomps would create a problem wouldn't it though?
Edited by Bobo on 11/19/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yes we are 3 healing would it be better to use 4 kiters stacking to 20?

The extra stomps would create a problem wouldn't it though?

Not really. Pheromones won't be ticking as hard when the Crushes do happen, so there shouldn't be an issue keeping people topped.

But we 3-heal and 4-kite.
Edited by Slashlove on 11/19/2012 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Shall give it a go next reset, so you recommend 2 healers and 2 range dps kiting?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Our kills:
2 tanks 2 heals.
20 stacks, 4 kiters (tank -> tank -> rdps -> rdps)

Make sure you don't kill the unaccessible leg (front right ccw, or front left cw). Have your 2 "tanks" cleave it down during the fight, when the boss is sub-10% then kill it.
Reply Quote
64 Draenei Death Knight
11/19/2012 02:18 PMPosted by Bobo
Shall give it a go next reset, so you recommend 2 healers and 2 range dps kiting?

Thats how we did it.

As for tanking set up, we used double dps dks in blood presence for 10 man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]