DUNGEONS ARE A JOKE - TOO EASY

73 Orc Hunter
Just got back to this hunter and haven't run through dungeons in some time especially lower level ones. Complete faceroll. Everyone out-gears them. (I know they have been like this for ages)

They need to be tuned for BOA, new talents, specs etc etc. They are not fun but feel like a chore as people just steamroll through them and rarely even talk to each other. The tank is never at threat of dying and i rarely see any healer go under 90% mana.

I thought getting on an old toon would rekindle some love for this game but its just as boring as endgame................................................

EDIT: Nup thats it.. AP runs out in 10 days, im done with WoW. It was fun a few years ago so i leave with good memories.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
The problem is, you tune them for all of that, and people who don't have it won't clear.

not to mention, the skill gap from random goes from not being able to clear a 5 man with 10 people, to people being able to solo the dungeons.
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warlock
Can I have your gold? :(
Reply Quote
73 Orc Hunter
11/19/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Eldotsyou

No. My remaining 200k can just sit and rot.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
11/19/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Maggiecheers

No. My remaining 200k can just sit and rot.

It's ok .. once you get to 90 Hunter DPS is terrible..
Reply Quote
Why would you make low level dungeon difficult?
I can understand heroics, but low level?
For one I don't think its worth much to go back to rework all the dungeons to be more challenging when people are barely going to see them.
Second the leveling progress is supposed to be easy, sure dungeons are really faceroll but they should not require you to fully know your class either.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
When you get Gold in Challenge Modes, then ppl will believe dungeons are too easy for you, OP.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
11/20/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Zaxan
When you get Gold in Challenge Modes, then ppl will believe dungeons are too easy for you, OP.

what does having invis pots and using blood DKs and no healers have to do with dungeon difficulty?
Reply Quote
10 Orc Hunter
Why would you make low level dungeon difficult?
I can understand heroics, but low level?
For one I don't think its worth much to go back to rework all the dungeons to be more challenging when people are barely going to see them.
Second the leveling progress is supposed to be easy, sure dungeons are really faceroll but they should not require you to fully know your class either.

Well i wouldn't exactly call 60+ low level. Surely people have some idea of their class by then but that is beside the point because even if they don't know a thing about their class after playing it for 60 levels then chances are at least 3/5 people in the group do know enough to face-roll through the dungeon.

There is a difference between easy and completely boring / faceroll / no effort required which is the current state of dungeons. As for heroics... the MoP 5 man's are even more of a joke, nothing heroic about them.

Didn't you notice that during Cata and MoP they added some basic floor mechanics to quest mobs? I guess that was to get people ready for LFR and teach them not to stand in the bad stuff. They should start this kind of stuff much earlier and make the damage from bad stuff much higher. Ie if you stand in it for more than 5 seconds, you die.

If dungeons are never to be buffed then the leveling process should be MUCH shorter and by much i mean by half. Anyone that goes 90 levels and still has no idea of their toon or at least has 1 spec completely down will never get it right anyway.

It just wrecks of laziness. They have buffed everything except the dungeons. I know they gave a few of the older ones a shake but they are still a joke.

Dont get me started on BG's. I have every piece of BOA in the game but recently re-rolled on a fresh realm to try to get some magic back in the game for me. I couldn't one shot people with my full boa which i was happy about but i was just on the other side of the one shotting and then getting camped at the gy, wow awesome!!! What is a new player going to learn from that? Even players with boa that roll a class for a first time don't learn anything as one shotting everything doesn't require any brainpower at all. Then you have godmode healers with full boa healing dps in full boa... lol.... WHAT A JOKE!! Looking back, BOA was a HUGE mistake but i spose it kept people hooked for a little longer.

Quests are boring as hell, i mean how many times do you want me to use the same rotation to kill a mob?

I feel like a zombie playing this game and lets not even talk about end-game daily's.

Anyway i have 10days left of paid time and have no desire to play

Enjoy the grind guys.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
I personally like them the way they are.
I prefer to call it relaxed grouping. I do not play to be pushed to the edge of my gaming skill i play to have fun.
See ya please let the door hit ya where the lord split ya.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Dungeons have always been easy, from day 1 to now. Not a single 5-man dungeon has ever been hard. Want a challenge ? Raid or do challenge modes. Invis pots and DKs are not going to cut it due to the timer and the fact that you need to actually kill some trash along the way or not count.

Vanilla - 5-mans were complete faceroll
TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm - 5-man regular and 'heroic' were faceroll
Why did you expect this to change with mists ?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Vanilla - 5-mans were complete facerollTBC, Wrath, Cataclysm - 5-man regular and 'heroic' were facerollWhy did you expect this to change with mists ?

Vanilla and BC heroic 5 man dungeons were hardly faceroll in their original incarnations

You probably just did them after the massive nerfs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Vanilla and BC heroic 5 man dungeons were hardly faceroll in their original incarnations

You probably just did them after the massive nerfs.

Agreed. BC heroics where definitely not faceroll.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
BC heroics from day one were a complete faceroll the only 'hard' part about them was getting the keys to open them up and even then it was more a time thing than anything else. Anyone that says otherwise is wearing rose-coloured glasses.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/20/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Somaliu
BC heroics from day one were a complete faceroll the only 'hard' part about them was getting the keys to open them up and even then it was more a time thing than anything else. Anyone that says otherwise is wearing rose-coloured glasses.

Lol, someone didn't start heroics till t6
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Heroic SL, SH, Arc... I miss thee.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/20/2012 12:16 PMPosted by Melhunt
Heroic SL, SH, Arc... I miss thee.

Faceroll day 1

If your healer got insta gibbed by double mind flay l2p issue.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter

what does having invis pots and using blood DKs and no healers have to do with dungeon difficulty?
Because if dungeons were so easy for the OP then the OP would have Gold in Challenge Mode dungeons.

Since the OP does not have Gold in Challenge Mode dungeons, Challenge Mode dungeons must not be as easy for the OP as the OP claims.
Edited by Zaxan on 11/20/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Someone didn't read the memo. Heroics aren't really heroics like they were in the past, and it's by design. They just didn't have a better name for them, so they kept it the same so it's still familiar.

Heroic versions of 5 man dungeons simply means level 90 versions of dungeons. If you notice, there are no regular level 90 dungeons. There are just dungeons below level 90, and then level 90 dungeons which are called heroics.

Challenge modes take the place of heroics.

So once more:
Regular dungeon now means current-xpack dungeons below the level cap.
Heroic dungeon now means current-xpack dungeons for level capped players.
Challenge mode = challenging content that takes the place of heroics in previous xpacks with added competition in place to spice things up.

11/20/2012 12:05 PMPosted by Cuddles
Lol, someone didn't start heroics till t6

In fairness, they were a joke once people learned how strong paladin tanks were for heroics. A Kara geared group with a paladin tank could AOE all the BC heroics. We used to say that CC meant "constant consecration" back then.
Edited by Bravehearth on 11/20/2012 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]