CRZ Refugees

85 Worgen Rogue
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/roleplaying-policy

You're also free to just sit back and watch, if you're genuinely curious. Some people might not like having strangers just standing in the corner as it makes the witness looks suspicious (as if waiting for the right time to start trouble) but this concern could be brushed aside if you whisper to one of the RPers asking if it's okay to watch.

Many RPers are also welcoming to newbies, so if you do happen to pick up interest, feel free to ask them some questions later. Welcome to VeCo.

@Fibro
Since there is no way to notify you when someone thumbs-up your post, I'll let you know here that the picture link preceding the post made me laugh. Instead of seeing the same tiring joke about (Moon Guard's) Goldshire for the 100th time on the forums, I get -that-.

@Zalzi
Glad to hear your experience has been positive so far! Just keep in mind that Trade chat is a small minority of the (and any) server which I assume plenty of the RPers actually have disabled as well.
Edited by Zegram on 11/21/2012 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Welcome.. Veco is .. a home.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
RP tends to be done in-guild or between RP guilds. It really has no effect on non-RPers. That said, non-RPers should not grief or disrupt RP players if they are doing it publicly. Also, you should have a normal character name, otherwise players will report infractions.

RPers add flavour to the environment. They don't negatively impact your gameplay if you choose not to participate.

Ok. Glad to know it is not mandatory. I certainly have no intention of going into a place to rain on anyone's parade (playstyle). But I think the serious RP is not my playstyle, so I want to make sure I'm not going somewhere I don't belong.

Also, I am inclined to the view that those drawn to RP in the game are more likely to be older, more mature, and less like jackwagons. That's a crowd I could get behind (being a 31 y/o player).

What does "normal character name" mean? [EDIT: NVM...just read the policy that someone linked above....the article covered naming. I'm surprised that there are not many additional rules to RP.]
Edited by Smeeboo on 11/21/2012 1:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
The Guardians of Azeroth is another solid VeCo level 25 guild who would love to harbor all you refugees! :-D
Reply Quote
33 Night Elf Mage
11/21/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Braellyn
The Guardians of Azeroth is another solid VeCo level 25 guild who would love to harbor all you refugees! :-D

Who should we ask for an invite? And when is the best time to find someone?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
I'm amazed my thread has garnered so much attention. O.o...
Well, thanks to all the helpful Venture Co. veterans, explaining the specifics of your server. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Gave it some thought at work today and seeing as I'm not doing anything yet with the Lions, I'm opening it up as a CRZ Camp Refugee! Feel free to use it as a start off point to either get pointed out in the right direction, form your own guilds, or simply meet up with friends.

Been on the server awhile (as a ED refugee) so I'm more than willing to help people find homes.

I just want it so people can move from a guild without guilt and not have to have ties to a certain guild before they realize what they want.
Edited by Saxton on 11/21/2012 3:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/21/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Nianaria

Who should we ask for an invite? And when is the best time to find someone?

@Nianaria - ask any member any time. I am generally on evenings and weekends Pacific Time, but we have members on at all hours of the day.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
11/21/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Saxton
I just want it so people can move from a guild without guilt and not have to have ties to a certain guild before they realize what they want.

This.

Having a guild like that would also promote cross-guild (and casual) walk-up RP.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Dash mentioned to me that I should mention that the Lions WILL be becoming an RP- PvP guild for tose of you who want to help build something together into something powerful! So If you are an RPer, feel free to shoot me a message!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Edited by Fibromyalgía on 11/30/2012 7:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
@Dash and Saxton

Just wanted to say that VeCo is a pretty "incestuous" server when it comes to Guild cross-pollination. Doesn't seem to be much "bad blood" at all as long as guilds don't aggressively poach from one another. I know we have several high ranking members who have characters in other guilds and have had people come and go back and forth between us and other VeCo guilds.

Since we're not big on the "epeen, we must be the BEST guild on the server" thing here, it's a much more happy, relaxed atmosphere all around.

*waves at Fibro* Fibro puts it well. We have friendly rivalries but aren't cutthroat. Even our WPvP battles with the Horde are honorable for the most part.

This.

Having a guild like that would also promote cross-guild (and casual) walk-up RP.
Edited by Braellyn on 11/21/2012 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
@Braellyn

I've been on this server for a long time (under a different name *cough*for the dusk*cough*) but I know what you mean. However I see what Dash is getting at. He has a great idea and one that, if people make an effort, can actually work fairly easily.
Reply Quote
@Saxton (and Dash) -

Absolutely! I think it's a really good idea, and I think you guys will have a lot of success with it.

Whether we see an uptick of smaller guilds or an increase in membership of the older, more established guilds, a busier community is good for everyone! :-)
Reply Quote
@Zalzi - Hard to say right now. I think this is a fairly recent discovery and folks are still finding out about this little tidbit about VeCo, so it's not that huge an influx...yet. But I do think if the news continues to circulate, we'll get more folks coming over.
Reply Quote
As an additional aside, VeCo started with a stronger Horde to Alliance ratio, but of late the scales seem to have tipped a bit in the Alliance's direction. Although the guilds and population are fairly balanced at the moment, I think the Horde can use a slight bump at the moment for anyone considering a faction change...some good guilds Horde side are Blacktooth Grin and Thunderhoof Clan.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]