Leveling 1-90

(Locked)

13 Worgen Hunter
How do people do it so fast on my monk the /played is 8 hours
And I'm only level 17 with full BOA and Gxp and plus the 8% anniversary package
I really want my monk to be 90 any tips to be a really quick leveler.
90 Gnome Mage
How do people do it so fast on my monk the /played is 8 hours
And I'm only level 17 with full BOA and Gxp and plus the 8% anniversary package
I really want my monk to be 90 any tips to be a really quick leveler.

My nephew tells me that living in dungeon finder worked wonders for him.
90 Blood Elf Priest
1. Equip BoAs/heirlooms in every slot (earned from previous toons) - that's +50%-60% XP.

2. Run dungeons while questing. Don't PvP while leveling.

3. Group mobs together - pull them into a group, don't do 1 enemy at a time.

4. Don't PvP or level professions or go back and forth various places while leveling.

5. Level with rested XP only - so up to 2 hours per day.

6. Bot. (Not recommended).
Edited by Dliver on 11/21/2012 11:14 AM PST
13 Worgen Hunter
Don't bot's cost money also?
90 Pandaren Monk
11/21/2012 11:12 AMPosted by Dliver
4. Don't PvP or level professions or go back and forth various places while leveling.

I did a little of both, and still managed to have my monk reach 85 in less than 3 days played time. Prior, the quickest to that point was 4 days played time.

And also, there's the thing about the quest every 10 levels from level 20, and dailies for a 50% xp buff.
90 Undead Warlock
I think there's an issue if your Monk is 8 hours /played with full BoAs and guild EXP, but you're only level 17.

Anyway, I do it by going through dungeon finder, since as a tank there's never a wait time and I can go quite fast, as I am comfortable with Brewmaster now and they have a lot of survivability while leveling with Guard. With Enlightenment, a buff you get from a level 20 quest/daily, BoAs, and guild EXP, you level pretty fast.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/21/2012 11:15 AMPosted by Zalexia
Don't bot's cost money also?

My understanding is there's a prominent bot site featuring a free trial. I've never botted, don't condone it, don't recommend it, but it's out there and has been infesting MoP for a while. It's gotten quite bad the past few weeks.
100 Pandaren Monk
They did it super fast via RaF where they went from 1-80 in seconds then leveled from 80-85 with BoAs and then 85-90
90 Human Paladin
At level 20 you'll get a daily quest you can do to receive a 1 hour buff that increases experience gains by 50% from quests and kills.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/21/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Gagho

I did a little of both, and still managed to have my monk reach 85 in less than 3 days played time. Prior, the quickest to that point was 4 days played time.

And also, there's the thing about the quest every 10 levels from level 20, and dailies for a 50% xp buff.

Of course you can do whatever you want, and I freely admit I level profs and PvP while leveling. Not because it's efficient, but because I don't use bots and the alternative is too boring.

But realistically, for maximum efficiency, both PvP and worrying about professions/gathering while leveling is a waste of time. You'll earn infinity more money/honor later-on at max level for the same time investment, so putting any time in at all is not the most efficient way to level.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Max rest exp helps allot to was getting 50% a level in battleground win with my monk at 55 took about 1hr 30min of battlegrounds to hit 59 and still got 200% exp
90 Goblin Shaman
Grind dungeons in full BOAs. I'm not in a rush on my monk, so I let her ripen and get rested, I have the guild bonus, every boa slot filled, and the monk quest bonus. I fly through levels. So, just grind dungeons if you heal or tank, if you dps queue for dungeons as you quest.
90 Dwarf Hunter
Took my BrM Monk 3 days 11 hours /played to get from 1-90 using full BoA gear while leveling Tailoring/Enchanting and take full advantage of your enlightenment buff.

1-15 I quested.
15-68 ran only dungeons.
68-70 I mixed dungeons and the initial Wrath quests.
70-77 ran only dungeons.
77-80 I went to Icecrown and AoE farmed Converted Heros, I also bought Cata gear off the AH.
80-82 I quested with a few dungeons mixed in.
82-83 I went to Deepholm and AoE farmed the Troggs that were fighting the Dwarves.
83-85 (Again in Deepholm) I moved to the bridge where the Troggs were being knocked off the bridge, again bought MoP greens and blues off the AH, I suggest using a potion of treasure finding here as well.
85-90 I went WW and quested normally with some dungeons mixed in.
Edited by Noidentity on 11/21/2012 11:26 AM PST
90 Goblin Hunter
with no boa's and working on my professions whilst leveling I got to level 28 in 8 hrs on a warlock... and was 85 in less than a month. My friends asked me how I leveled so fast and the truth is I'm not sure, collected all the quests and made sure all were completed before I returned them, emptied bags, then repeat.

Edit: this was during Wrath it wasn't as quick to level still not nearly as long as vanilla was though
Edited by Nutzo on 11/21/2012 11:22 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid

• Send YOURSELF a Recruit-a-friend request.
  • Buy the WoW Battlechest on Black Friday for $5.
  • Use the Battlechest to upgrade your recruited trial account.
  • Open two instances of WoW.
  • Put the Monk on autofollow
  • Have the Hunter invite the Monk to group
  • Level and profit!

This is significantly easier if you use software designed for dual-boxing, like HotKeyNet. Depending on your graphics card, you may have to turn your graphics settings down in order to be able to handle two instances of WoW at the same time. Oh, and all of this is perfectly legal under the ToS, so don't let that scare you. Blues have said a thousand times that there is nothing wrong with dual-boxing.

Once you've gotten your Monk and Hunter to 80 (the cap for RAF's exp bonus), grant all the bonus levels your Hunter has earned to a toon on your main account, then just cancel the second account. Your new Monk will be level 80 and have a couple of levels of rested exp, because the RAF exp bonus gets used instead of your rested exp bonus while you're leveling to 80.
Edited by Kraylune on 11/21/2012 11:28 AM PST
How do people do it so fast on my monk the /played is 8 hoursAnd I'm only level 17 with full BOA and Gxp and plus the 8% anniversary packageI really want my monk to be 90 any tips to be a really quick leveler.

Obviously its you than. In a span of a week, i can be just below 90.

Your just not doing the actually leveling part, lol.
90 Goblin Hunter
Send YOURSELF a Recruit-a-friend request.
Buy the WoW Battlechest on Black Friday for $5.
Use the Battlechest to upgrade you recruited trial account.
Open two instances of WoW.
Put the Monk on autofollow
Have the Hunter invite the Monk to group
Level and profit!

This is significantly easier if you use software designed for dual-boxing, like HotKeyNet. Depending on your graphics card, you may have to turn your graphics settings down in order to be able to handle two instances of WoW at the same time. Oh, and all of this is perfectly legal under the ToS, so don't let that scare you. Blues have said a thousand times that there is nothing wrong with dual-boxing.

Best post ever I'm going to gamestop on friday morning now because of this idea.
90 Night Elf Druid
11/21/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Nutzo
Best post ever I'm going to gamestop on friday morning now because of this idea.

If you decide to use dual-boxing software, this guide for configuring HotKeyNet and WoW really helped me out. I used the script for doing picture-in-picture which is super handy if you don't have two monitors.

http://hotkeynet.com/wow/wow-quick-start.html
Edited by Kraylune on 11/21/2012 11:31 AM PST
90 Goblin Hunter
If you decide to use dual-boxing software, this guide for configuring HotKeyNet and WoW really helped me out. I used the script for doing picture-in-picture which is super handy if you don't have two monitors.

http://hotkeynet.com/wow/wow-quick-start.html

Do you know if that works with Mac or not???
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]