Moonkin endangered species

100 Human Warlock
Cant remember the last time I saw one of you guys in a random BG

Never even see them in LFR or random heroics.

Where ya'll at?

I thought I'd see a lot more with them getting buffed since cata..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Cant remember the last time I saw one of you guys in a random BG

Never even see them in LFR or random heroics.

Where ya'll at?

I thought I'd see a lot more with them getting buffed since cata..

I did a dungean on my lv 78 and saw one recently. I also saw a druid that swapped between moonkin and restro in a icc tuesday. Only ones I have really seen ,and neither pulled very good dps.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm all over the place :-o. I think some have an issue with stat issues on current gear maybe? Meh what do I know? Love the spec ton of fun for me in LFR or random BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Our MvP quit her boomy. That should speak volumes.
Edited by Foghørn on 11/22/2012 8:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
11/22/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Foghørn

About her, sure. I went boomkin from Feral.

Boomkin is, at best, annoying in PvP now. You have the same annoying difficulties as Cata had, except now you can't do amazing damage sitting in solar forever with two DoTs that tick pretty decently. It's also a bit more annoying to level as. More random ferals or restos around than boomkins.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Shaman
I thought leveling from 85 to 90 on my ret pally was bad but as moonkin its about the same if not worse.

You have to bust out all cd's to kill a mob fast enough and when your on cd's you are healing yourself from the damage.

Killing on my shaman is alot better and I dont even plan on leveling this toon to 90 just yet. Only 86 now cause Ive been farming a "rare" for the other axe I currently have.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Poor Boomkins, like old people crossing the street - I always stop to help.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/22/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Daggy

About her, sure. I went boomkin from Feral.

Boomkin is, at best, annoying in PvP now. You have the same annoying difficulties as Cata had, except now you can't do amazing damage sitting in solar forever with two DoTs that tick pretty decently. It's also a bit more annoying to level as. More random ferals or restos around than boomkins.

Nah, Boomkin is waaay better off than we were in Cata. Annoying, at best? I like to think we're more viable than we've ever been.

Getting a great spell from Symbiosis like Unending Resolve from Warlocks or AMS from DKs will go a long way towards helping you survive in random and rated BGs. Just tab-dot everything and then start mashing your Starsurge button. I get back-to-back 150k crits sometimes that just decimate the competition. You should never be anywhere but top 3 on damage done.

1v1 is still hit or miss, but we have the tools to do it. It's all a matter of adaptation and correct cooldown usage against certain classes - Rogues and Mages specifically. They can be beaten, it's just hard as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Bootzilla is right. We take a different game play than before. And we depend on gear. I'm at 42% PvP power atm. And I'm dropping 200k+ SS so moonkins are a threat still. Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish. You just need to adapt to the changes and make the best of it. As for PvE we can still pull great dps. But we never should be top since we are a "support" class. I'm at 480 ilvl PvE I'm dropping 100k on meters. So moonkins don't give up hope!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
You'll find me at the top of the meters in lfr. Might be hard to find since you're looking for your own name way at the bottom.

(Obligatory "I'm being ironic" disclaimer. Also obligatory "not hard to top the charts in lfr" disclaimer. Unobligatory "I'm bored at the airport" disclaimer.)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
The best way to cure boredom at the airport is to practice moonkin dancing in the line while heading through customs.

Edit: That or getting flagged with something called "Common name" which gets your documentation taken away, bags fully searched, and a lovely 45 minute wait period.

Panic tends to not be boring. :p
Edited by Teranin on 11/22/2012 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Totally unrelated but I was thinking of this picture:
http://i.imgur.com/4wwhM.jpg

Which of course always reminds me of you, Teranin.
Reply Quote
I honestly find boomkin incredibly fun in PvP at least, skill cap is definitely higher than people give credit for. Only real drawback is having to use 4pc to get back to lunar from solar, because solar is absolute garbage. Aside from that, symbiosis provides you several interesting choices of extra abilities and cooldowns.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Had zero issues leveling. Boomkin is very viable in pvp, its just not easy like a dk,retpally,warrior,hunter. Hope I run into some of you in a random bg.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
When I found out other specs could use Typhoon, I lost interest in my Boomy
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I love my moonkin, dont get me wrong, but the damage to gear level is kinda lacking compared to my warlock or my warrior :(
that being said i can still pull like 70-80k sustained and i decimate in BGs with dot spam and insta SSs :3
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
95 Night Elf Druid
Well, I never did PvP much in the first place, and when I did, I was resto. :)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I use them as a benchmark now in random BGs, if someone's dps is lower than the boomkin's, they're just bad.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]