MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

90 Pandaren Shaman
Note: While this guide is *mostly* up to date, I have not been adding any new theorycrafting that might have occurred since the launch of the patch. As such, if you wish to keep up with the latest in enhancement theorycrafting, I would advise the use of totemspot.

Better late than never!

If you have any questions/concerns, you can post in this thread (Shout out to the helpful dudes who answer questions here in my absence, like Kiamato!).

First, I'd like to point out that I have added a tiny section where you can go to if you want to know your basic level 60/90 talent choices to be made, I realized it's a little hard to find right now unless you read through the talent section.

Before you start reading if you want to know about leveling or utility spells not required for DPS, check out the Totemspot guide at http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6844.

(if you want each patch's notes in tl;dr format, check my 5th post)

Table of Contents (Use ctrl + F to find what you need!)

1. Introduction
2. Playstyle
3. Spells and Priorities
  • 3a. Abberiviations
  • 3b. Priority List
  • 3c. Explanations
  • 4. Talents and Glyphs
  • 4a. Talents
  • 4b. Glyphs
  • 5. Stat Weights/Reforging/Gems/Enchants
  • 5a. Reforging
  • 5b. Gems
  • 5c. Enchants
  • 6. Professions
    7. Credits
    8. How to best use Simulation Craft to find your statweights

1. Introduction
    This is a PvE guide for Enhancement that I decided to make, partly because I need to show my brother, Coopthefat (Author of the Fire PvE guide over in the Mage forums), that I can be just as good as he is, and partly because we’ve gone way too long waiting for an Enhancement guide. Sorry Elam!

2. Playstyle
    Enhancement is known as the caster-melee spec, as we have an even distribution of physical damage and magic damage. What makes Enhancement more unique than that, however, is that we are the only melee class that has no resource mechanic whatsoever. Mana doesn’t really count, because you never treat it like a resource like other classes would. It never drops to low levels unless you’re spamming heals (something you really shouldn’t do in PvE) or had to use your ankh. Ret paladins also use mana and are melee, but Holy Power is closer to their main resource.

The lack of a resource for Enhancement is unnerving for many, but it’s what makes Enhancement the spec it is. In Cataclysm, it was one of the reasons we had subpar DPS in many situations thanks to scaling issues and lack of burst DPS, but with Mists of Pandaria we are at an amazing spot PvE-wise.
    Edited by Chillbros on 7/17/2014 8:12 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    3. Spells and Priorities
    Now that all of that wordy stuff is out of the way, let’s get to the nitty gritty. I’ll start this section off with a list of abbreviations for our spells, so you don’t get confused by the rest of the guide. After that will be our priority list, and then an explanation of what each spell contributes to our damage, along with an explanation of some of our passive sources of damage.

3a. Abbreviations

Level 90 Talents
    EB - Elemental Blast
    PE - Primal Elementalist
    UF - Unleashed Fury

Level 75 Talents
    AG - Ancestral Guidance
    HTT - Healing Tide Totem

Level 60 Talents
    AS - Ancestral Swiftness
    EM - Elemental Mastery
    EotE - Echo of the Elements

Level 45 Talents
    CoE - Call of the Elements
    TP - Totemic Projection
    TR - Totemic Restoration

Baseline Spells/Abilities
    CL - Chain Lighting
    ES - Earth Shock
    FN - Fire Nova
    FS - Flame Shock
    FT - Flametongue Weapon
    HST - Healing Stream Totem
    LB_X - Lightning Bolt with X stacks of Maelstrom Weapon
    LL - Lava Lash
    LS - Lightning Shield
    MW_X - Maelstrom Weapon with X number of stacks
    SS - Stormstrike
    ST_X - Searing Totem with X seconds until it expires
    UE - Unleash Elements
    WF - Windfury Weapon

Cooldowns
    BL - Bloodlust
    FE - Greater Fire Elemental
    SR - Shamanistic Rage
    SW - Feral Spirit

3b. Priority List

Depending on your talent selection, you will have a slightly different priority list. I’ll outline each here.

If you have UF your priority is as follows:

ST_0
    UE
    LB_5
    SS
    FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is not up, and Unleash Flame buff is active)
    LL
    LB_3 (As long as the Unleashed Fury: Flame debuff is on the target)
    FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is up, and Unleash Flame buff is active)
    ES
    LB_1
    ST (Just to refresh it)

If you have PE, your priority is as follows:

ST_0
    LB_5
    SS
    LL
    FS (Assuming the Flame Shock debuff is not up, and Unleash Flame buff is active)
    UE
    ES
    LB_1
    ST (Just to refresh it)

If you have EB, your priority is as follows:
    ST_0
    EB (Doesn’t matter how many stacks of MW you have, hardcast it if you must)
    LB_5
    SS
    LL
    UE
    ES
    LB_1
    ST (Just to refresh it)

3c. Explanations

Searing Totem: This little stick in the ground offers more to us Enhancement Shaman than its 5 health implies. It gives us a decent source of magic damage throughout it’s 60 second existence, while also buffing two other sources of damage. It gives the Shaman a stacking buff that increases the damage of FT per stack called Searing Flames. These stacks are then consumed to double the damage of one of our hardest hitters, Lava Lash. Due to all these contributions ST gives to our damage, making sure it's summoned is at the top of the priority.

Lightning Bolt: Lightning Bolt’s position in the priority is one of the largest differences this expansion, priority wise, compared to Cata. The main reason for this is it got a damage buff, while Lava Lash’s damage was nerfed. Lightning Bolt is our primary source of magic damage as Enhancement, unless you are using UF. Also can be cast while moving!

Stormstrike: SS is the iconic Enhancement Shaman ability. Dealing a large chunk of damage by itself, it also puts up a debuff that increases the critical strike chance of two other large sources of damage plus one not-so-large source of damage: LB, LS, and ES. On top of that, with our Static Shock passive, it has a chance to proc a LS charge, dealing even more damage.

Lava Lash: What used to be one of the hardest-hitting abilities in the game in Cataclysm, LL received a nerf in MoP. However, it is still high on Enhancement’s sources of damage, thanks to the fact that it deals Fire Damage, meaning it not only bypasses a target’s armor, but it also scales off of Enhancement’s mastery. Thanks to our Static Shock passive it also has a chance to proc LS. Also spreads Flame Shock to enemies around your target for an AoE combo with FN.

Unleash Elements: UE is a deceiving little spell, especially with the UF talent. While it deals a small portion of damage, the real benefit of this spell comes from the buffs and debuffs it provides. It makes FS deal more damage, gives you a huge attack speed buff for 6 melee strikes, and with the UF talent causes your melee’s to proc Static Shock and your LB’s to hit even harder. If course its benefit varies with what weapon enhancements you’re using, PvE shaman should ALWAYS have WF on the mainhand weapon and FT on the offhand weapon. I’d also like to note that when compared with Rockbiter, UE+UF allow you to solo fights that would otherwise be impossible, such as Heroic Alysrazor.

Flame Shock: The DoT of Enhancement. With small up-front damage paired with a long DoT effect, all of which is increased in damage by Unleash Flame, this spell is as basic as it looks.

Earth Shock: The bastard child spell of Enhancement. Located at the bottom of priority and close to the bottom on recount, this spell is the one we hit when we have nothing else to do besides refreshing Searing Totem.

Chain Lightning: Good if there’s 3 (or 5, glyphed) targets to hit. Otherwise you’re better off with Lightning Bolt.

Fire Nova: Enhancement’s AoE. Put up FS, hit LL, spam FN.

Elemental Blast: A pretty straightforward spell, deals damage and gives you 3500 crit, mastery, haste rating, or Agility. Not bad, just not as good as PE.

Feral Spirit: Feral Spirit has been on a sort of roller coaster ride the past few years. It went from being a huge important DPS cooldown in Wrath, to worthless puppies in Cata, to a place comfortably in between in MoP. They deal a decent amount of damage, some of which scales off our mastery, and heal us for 150% (210% glyphed) of the damage they deal.

Fire Elemental Totem: While this DPS cooldown was almost useless for us in Cata, in MoP it was buffed to the point where it’s now a pretty big deal for us. It does everything Searing Totem does, just with more damage and better scaling off our stats. It can also be buffed through PE, making it even more potent as a DPS cooldown. Keep in mind that if you use PE, you rarely want to use the ability the elemental has that passively increases your damage by 5%, as the damage it contributes through melees is much higher.

Ascendance: New in MoP, this spell offers amazing burst to Enhancement. It makes two of our already largest sources of damage, melee autoattacks and SS, deal even more damage. This happens because when they turn into nature spells, they act like Lava Lash. That is, they scale off our mastery and ignore the target’s armor. The 30 yard range on autoattacks and SS helps too.

Flurry: A passive ability that we have that you may not notice, Flurry is one of the reasons Haste is now a good stat for enhancement. Whenever you get a melee critical strike, from autoattacks, SS, or LL, any haste you get from items is increased by 50%, along with getting a flat 15% increase to haste, at least until you have made 5 autoattacks with no critical hits inbetween.

Static Shock: A passive ability that I’ve mentioned a bit, this is why you see Lightning Shield on your recount when the enemy never even hit you.
    Edited by Chillbros on 3/7/2014 11:46 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    4. Talents and Glyphs

With MoP, blizzard tried hard to make it so that there’s no “bread and butter” spec/glyph choice, and they largely succeeded. In this section I’ll give a general overview of each talent, and give my personal input of which is better where necessary. Possibly if there's a fight where you don't be using SB or AS, and just want some extra survivability just in case.

4a. Talents

Tier 1: Defensive Abilities

Pretty straightforward tier. Your choice will vary from fight to fight. If you tend to have constant damage occurring with no spikes, Stone Bulwark is the best. If you have high-damage phases that are short, Astral Shift is the winner. If you don't feel like pushing a defensive CD or if there's a fight where you really shouldn't be taking much damage, Nature's Guardian is a good fallback.

Tier 2: Snares and Snare Protection

The most situational tier we have. Pick each talent according to whatever you need in any situation.

Tier 3: Totem Enhancements

Again, a tier that has more to do with personal flavor than anything. I’ve used Totem Projection all expansion, however CotE can be useful if you ever need two Stone Bulwarks in a minute or something of that nature. Pure DPS wise, Totemic Projection can be useful so you don’t have to replace ST if the boss moves too much. Totemic Persistence isn't too useful, but may see some situational possibilities.

Tier 4: DPS buffs

Unlike 5.1, these talents are way more situational. Whereas in 5.0/5.1 you pretty much always chose EotE, now there's a very good chance you'll see use from all three in any given raid week. AS is the highest in a basic patchwerk fight, however if there's any burst phases or the like EM will be the better choice. On AoE fights, EotE is the best choice as it procs Fire Nova and Chain Lightning, whereas AS and EM give very little in terms of AoE DPS. EM also gets stronger if you use glyph of FET(the best combo in BiS gear is PE/EM + glyph of FET, but at average gear levels it's not higher than other combinations by a huge amount)

Tier 5: Heals

First off, Conductivity is almost useless. You may get a super-long HR down, but it can't move and it was never that hard to maintain in the first place, it really only works out to a minor DPS increase, and only if you never need to move the HR. Rushing Streams isn't very good for enhancement healing-wise, so the only choice we're really left with is AG, which is very powerful.

Tier 6: More DPS buffs
    UF is the easiest to use, you just change your priority slightly, PE takes a little more effort because you want to use your DPS CD's wisely, and EB is the most difficult as it adds another spell into the priority, and it can't be casted while moving. Currently, all choices are very close in DPS until you get t16 2p (improves UF more than the other two) or the CDR trinket, Assurance of Conquest (makes PE far more stronger than the other two). So in BiS gear, PE is the way to go.

4b. Glyphs

Most major glyphs are situational or fit personal playstyles, so I’ll just go over how I personally feel about the ones I use.

Healing Storm: Improves our Chain Heal and Healing Surge. Not great, but good for soloing or PvP.

Spirit Walk: Reduced cooldown on an amazing sprint is very useful on fights with high movement, such as Will of the Emperor. With 5.2 reduces the cooldown from 1 minute to 45 seconds, meaning you'll have 60% increased movement speed for a huge portion of any given fight.

Feral Spirits: Already a useful self-healing tool, this glyph just makes them even more potent. However, this relies on you receiving high damage when you would usually have your wolves out, or having to sit on them until a high damage phase to get the full benefit.

Fire Elemental Totem: Amazing for troll enhancement shaman because it lines up nicely with their racial, and good if you have Herbalism and/or Elemental Mastery . This is another thing that gets better the more gear we get.

Chain Lightning: Decent on fights with more than 3 targets that you’d be hitting with chain lighting.

Flame Shock: Some crappy little heal. Good for fights with a large amount of constant AoE, mediocre for everything else.

Fire Nova: More range means more targets getting hit unless they’re in an incredibly neat pile. Pretty much used for any fight with AoE.

Healing Stream Totem: Your HST now gives the targets it hits a buff which reduces elemental damage taken by 10%. Helpful for healers, especially if you’re dropping it as often as you can when you have downtime in your priority (which you should!)

Purge: Probably won't use this much, unless there's any dispell mechanics this tier that only have two stacks and need to be taken off ASAP.

Shamanistic Rage: Not bad, but you’re using a 1 minute cooldown to clear something that healers should be taking care of anyway. Useful on some fights if there's nothing else to use (unlikely).

Lightning Shield: Pretty much mandatory on any fight that has consistent damage.

5. Stat Weights/Reforging/Gems/Enchants

This early in the expansion, our stat weights are very volatile until we get to high gear levels. Personally, I’ve seen almost every possible permutation of the ranking of our secondary stats as I’ve been gearing up.

At entry gear levels, and if you don’t care too much about maximizing your personal DPS, you’ll follow this priority:
    Agility >= Hit 7.5% = Expertise 7.5% > Mastery >= Haste > Crit

However, if you really want to know where stats lie for you, you should import your character to Simcraft and find out by using the Reforge Plot option, which I discuss later on in the guide.

5a. Reforging

With reforging, you want to use the stat weights given above. If you want to maximize your own stats while being lazy about it, I’d suggest using simcraft to find your personal stat weights, then import those into askmrrobot.com to optomize your character. As a general rule of thumb, avoid reforging Mastery away, and try to reforge every piece that doesn’t have mastery to mastery, as long as you can still meet the 7.5% expertise and hit caps.

5b. Gems

Gems can be a little confusing, so I'll try to explain them as straight forward as possible. Generally you want to gem Agility while still getting socket bonuses. Once you've gotten most of your gear from SoO, however, you'll start gemming secondary stats instead. As always simming your own stat values is preferred, but if you'd rather not, then generally mastery is the best stat.

Meta: Agile Primal Diamond
    Red: Perfect Delicate Pandarian Garnet or Delicate Primordial Ruby
    Blue: Glinting Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Glinting Roguestone
    Yellow: Adept Vermilion Onyx or Perfect Adept Tiger Opal or Deft Vermilion Onyx or Perfect Deft Tiger Opal

5c. Enchants

Our enchants will also follow the stat priorities we have.

Shoulder: Greater Tiger Claw Inscription
    Back: Enchant Cloak - Accuracy or Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike
    Chest: Enchant Chest - Glorious Stats
    Bracer: Enchant Bracer - Greater Agility or, if Leatherworking, Fur Lining - Agility
    Hands: Enchant Gloves - Superior Expertise or Enchant Gloves - Superior Mastery or sometimes Enchant Gloves - Greater Haste or maybe even Enchant Gloves - Super Strength, as 1 AP is worth more than secondary stats until you get to higher gear levels.
    Legs: Shadowleather Leg Armor or, if Leatherworking, Primal Leg Enforcements
    Boots: Enchant Boots - Blurred Speed
    Weapons: Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel > Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force > Enchant Weapon - Windsong

6. Professions

Our professions are very similar to the way they were in Cataclysm.
    Tailoring is inferior to the other crafting professions.
    Enchanting, Leatherworking, Inscription, and Alchemy all offer the same benefits. Each has their own individual benefit, but purely stat wise they are equal.
    Blacksmithing offers the same flat Agility benefits as the previous 4, however it can instead stack secondary stats. While this is not the best thing for enhancement this tier, later in this expansion we may see Blacksmithing come out ahead.
    Jewelcrafting is the same as Blacksmithing; as secondary stats get better, we will begin to use more gems with just secondary stats, which the Jewelcrafting gems can do, resulting in a higher benefit relative to other professions, as other professions besides BS cannot stack secondary stats.
    Engineering offers a 1 minute CD that boils down to 320 Agility if used on cooldown, giving the same benefit as most professions on paper. However it can be lined up with other cooldowns, resulting in a higher DPS advantage.
    Also, an anomaly in 5.2, it seems Herbalism will be the best possible profession. If you want to give up one of your professions for a gathering profession, Herbalism is the way to go. Haste is yum.

7. Credit

First I would like to thank Purge, whose contribution to Enhancement theorycrafting and discussion is beyond incredible. He is not the hero Enhancement deserves, but the hero Enhancement needs.
    Thanks-you's also go out to Platform and Saz who wrote the guide over on Totemspot with Purge. Their guide can be found at http://www.totemspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6844 for more in-depth information than I gave.
    I would also like to thank Elam, who maintained the guide during Cataclysm, which was one of the reasons I was able to pick up Enhancement in the first place.
    Edited by Chillbros on 8/14/2014 9:29 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    8. How to best use Simulation Craft to find your statweights

Like I said earlier in the guide, you generally want to use Simulation Craft to find out your stat weights. However, that's not always the best way to go about things. For instance, at one point it may tell you to want more haste, however, if you get too much haste, you might hit the point around 7k haste where our autoattacks go under 1.5 seconds, at which point they start overshooting the 3 second ICD on Windfury Weapon. The sim, however, has no way to tell you if you'll hit that point if you suddenly switched all your mastery gems to haste because the sim said haste>mastery.

Instead, you want to use Reforge Plots. What this does is it runs your gear, and will subtract 1 stat that you choose and then add 1 other stat and then sim it, and vice versa. Each "step" is each increment that it chooses to simulate. For instance, if you choose "Reforge Amount 1000" and choose "Step Amount 200" then it will simulate your DPS at: Your original stats, your original stats +200 Haste, -200 Mastery, your stats +400 Haste, -400 Mastery, and so on until it's +1000 Haste, -1000 Mastery. Then, it'll start testing what happens when you add Mastery and subtract Haste. This takes a very long time, remember it's running a separate sim for each point, but it can be helpful to find out things like when Crit will hit the level for a high enough uptime on Flurry and begin to lose vaule, or when Haste causes your average autoattacks to be so fast they actually make your Windfury Attack happen less often. If you want to squeeze out extra DPS, or want to find out when stats drastically lose value, this is the option you should use.

When using SimCraft, you generally want to use 10,000 iterations or more. Anything less is too prone to error, and while anything more is more accurate, it takes a VERY long time to sim. 10,000 is very accurate, and not too time consuming. I generally do a reforge amount of 3000 and a step amount of 200. Also, do NOT try to find the plots for 3 stats at the same time. It goes through a ton of iterations for each, and takes forever.
    Edited by Chillbros on 9/11/2013 8:23 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    5.1 Changes: Lakestrider fixed, totems unusable while silenced, ASCENDANCE GIGANTICNESS NERFED WTF BLIZZARD, Shamanistic Rage removed from the GCD, Unleash Wind now correctly procs Maelstrom Weapon

5.2 Changes: PE buffed a ton, UF nerfed slightly, AS and EM buffed, CL buffed, SB buffed, FS buffed, Conductivity buffed, Mental Quickness kind of buffed, Spirit Walk buffed, RPPM mechanics changed

5.3 Changes: SS, LL buffed. SP from AP buffed. New LS glyph to replace old Unleashed Lightning glyph. LB can be cast while moving.

5.4 Changes: SS nerfed to just-above 5.2 level, Totemic Restoration replaced with Totemic Persistence, HTT nerfed and made baseline and replaced with Rushing Stream on the talents, EB added to the SS debuff, Glyph of FE changed to 50% from 40%, FN buffed.
    Edited by Chillbros on 9/11/2013 8:23 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    Well, that was a productive use of an evening. Please report for sticky!
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    I haven't read this yet, but I feel that until you get a decent transmog it's not worth it

sucka
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    A few things I would add/change

You can definitely use the crit enchant on your cloak if you have a massive amount of hit, I had that before where for w/e reason i had all of my hit reforged and i was still at 8.1% hit, so the crit option is there, however the hit enchant does give more overall EP value.

Add in a bit for alchemy in the professions paragraph, double duration flasks + the same amount of bonus agi (320)

Flame shock glyph IMO is an absolute must, there is no point where it's a dps loss to have it as far as I can tell. It allows you to get a longer duration dot which allows for better aoe (more novas) for stuff like empress, wind lord, elegon. It also allows you to multi-dot slightly better on heroic vizier where you can dot the copy before you move to the new platform, or however your guild does it. Earth shock hits significantly harder, has a higher chance to crit with the stormstrike debuff, and you can use 2x as many earth shocks with this glyphed.

Fire elemental glyph - so far I can think of 2 or 3fights where I feel like this is a dps increase. Depending on your guild's dps I would use it on heroic garajal and normal/heroic lei shi, and possibly sha. Always use it if you're a troll obviously, but on gara'jal most guilds are killing it within 5:15 to 5:20. at 5:12 the duration breaks even, with 1:12 uptime on the fire ele, however keep in mind that if you glyph it you can use your 2nd potion with the 2nd fire elemental AND ascendance, maximizing the damage output. Once you get beyond that 5:30ish time though, it's not worth it.
    For Lei Shi she constantly hides and disappears and !@#$, I hate having wasted uptime for like 15 seconds with the fire ele just running around, if you use the glyph + the talent that reduces the cooldown on the fire ele when you cancel it, i think that would be better.

Enhance also has a few different things that they can do before a pull to help with their damage.

You can pre-talent for primal elementalist, when your pull timer goes off cast it, then respec into unleashed fury, and you will have a primal fire elemental for 50-55 seconds which is amazing. The problem is if you are like me, and you constantly get UI errors that cause you to reload which totally screws your dps for the rest of the fight. Well not totally since PE isn't horrible, but still. I am only going to attempt this when I'm going for parses, for progression it's not going to make or break a fight, and it's frustrating getting caught in the wrong talent selection (echo/pe wtf)

The most common thing people are doing in prepull now is using the t13 restoration set which gives you a 20 second spiritwalker's grace and buffed haste, pop this with your potion and swap to your normal armor and you get a little haste buff at the start of the fight. I honestly have no idea how this is affected by bloodlust/heroism, but I did it for all of dragon soul and it seemed to help.
    Edited by Specty on 11/25/2012 7:12 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    also - sticky requested. Good post.

I also hope that they remove the primal elementalist bug thing where you can drop primal fire ele before a fight and switch. I hate that.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Thumbs upped and sticky requested (didn't even realize there wasn't an Enhance guide!)
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Shaman
    Wat.

ALL OF MY HATE.

Just kidding. I was only waiting to hear back from the E-lord Elam itself. This forum really did need its' Enhancement guide.

Requesting for sticky. Also,

ST_0
    UE
    LB_5
    SS
    LL
    ES
    LB_1
    ST (Just to refresh it)

You have Lava Lash below LB 3 w/ UF debuff on the target? Wat.

I understand (slightly) the implications behind the placement below FS w/ Unleashed Flame being active, but never have I seen anything to justify such a low position of Lava Lash.

You might also want to put some more detail into the three lists here. I had some criticism that it was a little hard to read/interpret when it came to the priority list at Totemspot. Mainly I think it had to do with something like:

LL

I would consider rewording this, especially since in the quote (I didn't put it in there) Earth Shock is below your second listing of Flame Shock. This would lead people to (potentially) believe that they are supposed to clip their Flame Shock even with the glyph. It kinda needs to be stated in terms of differences behind "why" and "when" it is okay to clip/refresh this DoT, as it's what I'd like to refer as mechanically unstable and annoying.

11/25/2012 05:04 AMPosted by Chillbros
    However, if you really want to know where stats lie for you, you should import your character to Simcraft and find out.

More details need to be added here involving the importance of reforge plots. As you stated with our stat weights being extremely volatile, so are our actual secondary stats themselves. Crit increases the value of haste/mastery more than itself, Mastery does the same for crit/haste, and etc. This means that if you were to run your character in a sim, analyze the stat weights, and reforge for them, that you would actually have a wrong set of reforging. You can verify this by reforging to those stat weights and plugging your character back into simcraft for another sim and stat weight analysis.

Weapons: Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel > Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force > Enchant Weapon - Windsong

I would kind of put a little discrepancy here that states that as we get more gear and progress to decent levels of normal gear, Windsong starts to overtake Elemental Force for single target. When it comes to multi-target fights, it (I believe) is already stronger in all scenarios.

Just some tips, etc. that I thought would help with your guide and make it easier to read.

Also, what specty said about your transmog.

11/25/2012 06:55 AMPosted by Specty
    sucka

Flame shock glyph IMO is an absolute must, there is no point where it's a dps loss to have it as far as I can tell. It allows you to get a longer duration dot which allows for better aoe (more novas) for stuff like empress, wind lord, elegon. It also allows you to multi-dot slightly better on heroic vizier where you can dot the copy before you move to the new platform, or however your guild does it. Earth shock hits significantly harder, has a higher chance to crit with the stormstrike debuff, and you can use 2x as many earth shocks with this glyphed.

Ashunera has done a lot of work and looking into this sway of statements behind if it/isn't better to glyph Flame Shock, and I believe is one of the main advocates for saying it is a DPS loss to do so. I added him on real ID, but besides for raid schedules I don't really log in and haven't really sat down in mumble to go through and iron out the semantics/raw numbers/explanations behind all of this.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=84573

(secondary stats eventually outscale it, but for most people it's actually the strongest glove enchant right now)
    Edited by Purge on 11/25/2012 1:00 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    that 1 ap per point of strength, i was wondering when it was going to pop up ><
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Shaman
    This is relevant to my interests.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Shaman
    11/25/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Platform
    Crit increases the value of haste/mastery more than itself, Mastery does the same for crit/haste, and etc.

So does this mean that at a certain point it'd be better to start adding to haste/crit than it would to keep stacking mastery?
    Reply Quote
    90 Orc Shaman
    11/25/2012 02:04 PMPosted by Xarb
    So does this mean that at a certain point it'd be better to start adding to haste/crit than it would to keep stacking mastery?

No.

All of the secondary stats function this way, but it's not at the point where the increase to value would allow it to outscale actual raw Mastery in value by focusing on the other secondaries. Remember, other secondaries have values as well, and crit in particular starts to fall off once you get more and more gear.

Mastery will be our top stat most likely for the most of this xpac, but with the changes and new additions in MoP, we should see haste most likely being our best stat near the end--as it pretty much was in Dragon Soul with full best in slot gear.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    You have Lava Lash below LB 3 w/ UF debuff on the target? Wat

OOPS

More details need to be added here involving the importance of reforge plots

I'll add information regarding that once I understand it more myself.

Also, what specty said about your transmog.

Uh, your gear is hella ugly. And Specty's transmog is soooooo patch 4.3

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84573

(secondary stats eventually outscale it, but for most people it's actually the strongest glove enchant right now)

I remember asking you about that awhile ago, forgot about it until now. Adding it.

This would lead people to (potentially) believe that they are supposed to clip their Flame Shock even with the glyph.

I would hope they'd use common sense and realize that if they use the glyph, then their priority would be what I implied in the glyph section, but I'll add something about it.

11/25/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Specty
    Add in a bit for alchemy in the professions paragraph, double duration flasks + the same amount of bonus agi (320)

Oh yeah, that profession exists. Adding.

Flame shock glyph IMO is an absolute must, there is no point where it's a dps loss to have it as far as I can tell.

But, like Ashunera has said, there's no point where it's a significant DPS gain, and the benefits you list, such as AoE, are nonexistant on current fights.

Fire elemental glyph

It's not better on Garajal. At best it's equal to unglyphed, but the unglyphed has the potential to get the full benefit of Blood Lust and get more procs from items. Of course I'm assuming that the fight lasts a bit longer than it does for current guilds who have it on farm, but that's just my ideology of not really caring about DPS on farm bosses and instead focusing it on bosses that still need to die. It can definitely be better on Lei Shei though.

The most common thing people are doing in prepull now is using the t13 restoration set which gives you a 20 second spiritwalker's grace and buffed haste, pop this with your potion and swap to your normal armor and you get a little haste buff at the start of the fight. I honestly have no idea how this is affected by bloodlust/heroism, but I did it for all of dragon soul and it seemed to help.

You can also use t10 2p and get 12% more damage for 15 seconds. But, this guide is meant for the people who would look for information on the WoW forums, people just starting out on Enhancement or trying to make sure they have everything they need to start raiding. Everything you said about prepulls is interesting, and I'll definitely try out the PE trick, but I feel it will go over the heads of the people that read the guide.
    Edited by Chillbros on 11/25/2012 3:34 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Draenei Priest
    Thanks for the help. I was just noticing though, this post would be 100x easier to read through quickly and get the just of it if you didn't have a list of 28 abbreviations. I get the point, but it's a little frustrating to have to keep referencing back to the top post.
    Reply Quote
    90 Troll Mage
    I approve of this thread. Don't forget to sticky!
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Shaman
    11/25/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Saraquel
    Thanks for the help. I was just noticing though, this post would be 100x easier to read through quickly and get the just of it if you didn't have a list of 28 abbreviations. I get the point, but it's a little frustrating to have to keep referencing back to the top post.

I would have thought most people who play enhancement at all would be able to infer what each abbreviation is for, given the context they see it in and that literally each one except for Feral Spirit is just the first letter of each word in the spell. The list is mainly there in case someone has a lapse of memory and needs to confirm what a single abbreviation means.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]