MoP 5.4 Enhance Guide: Kill Garrosh For Me

90 Draenei Shaman
Only took 13 pages and roughly 2.5 months. Woo sticky!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
About time.

Now to make all the 5.2 updates and rename it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
YAY STICKY!!!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Awesome guide! Was a ton of help to me in getting my enhancement spec up and running!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So when are we gonna be updated for 5.2 changes? Unfortunately I haven't had the time to do any PTR so I'm unaware of how the changes affect our dps.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
When 5.2 hits.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Updating tomorrow, assuming 5.2 is released.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well with the date officially announced to be tomorrow, I'll probably just update this now. If blizzard ends up being lying jerks, then it'll just be a week in advance so oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
okay mostly updated, will probably go back and fix a couple things once all the RPPM changes bull!@#$ is sorted out
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ok, so now we are reforging to haste being the #1 stat? Plus UF is no longer the level 90 talent we should be using? Why is this true now? I'm just curious as to the numbers. And as far as "higher gear levels" are concerned, what would you consider higher? Above 500? 490?
Edited by Séria on 3/4/2013 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/04/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Séria
Ok, so now we are reforging to haste being the #1 stat? Plus UF is no longer the level 90 talent we should be using? Why is this true now

11/25/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Chillbros
PE buffed, UF nerfed

tl;dr: PE values haste more, so we want haste now.

03/04/2013 09:05 PMPosted by Séria
And as far as "higher gear levels" are concerned, what would you consider higher? Above 500? 490?

I'd go with above 500, but if you're talking about the weapon enchants, at that point you really should be using dancing steel anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Thanks Chillbros! You're the best!!!
Reply Quote
Ok maybe im not understanding this correctly or or misreading something somewhere. But how exactly does Primal Elementalist have such a huge benefit from haste? I see nothing in tooltip about haste at all. only to changes of the Cast elemental.
What am i missing here. Why are we switching to Haste from Mastery?
I have been testing this out on PTR for a while now and when switching stats around im still seeing that mastery priority is doing more DPS then haste priority.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Unlike some other classes, Enhancement has not hit the point yet where 2 points of a secondary stat are better than 1 point of agility, so our gemming will match this. This may change later on, and I will change the guide to reflect that.

LATER ON HAS ARRIVED.

Well, in a few weeks, probably.

* EDIT: Probably not the best idea to say haste > mastery, yet, because it won't be true for anyone in current gear. That's going to be a gradual thing that happens as we gear up in throne.

* EDIT: Should include crit to cloak as an enchant option, especially because lol hit rating for this tier
Edited by Purge on 3/5/2013 11:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/05/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Purge
* EDIT: Probably not the best idea to say haste > mastery, yet, because it won't be true for anyone in current gear. That's going to be a gradual thing that happens as we gear up in throne.

but im too lazy to find out what that point is

03/05/2013 11:17 AMPosted by Purge
* EDIT: Should include crit to cloak as an enchant option, especially because lol hit rating for this tier

oh thought I did already, fixing
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ok maybe im not understanding this correctly or or misreading something somewhere. But how exactly does Primal Elementalist have such a huge benefit from haste? I see nothing in tooltip about haste at all. only to changes of the Cast elemental.
What am i missing here. Why are we switching to Haste from Mastery?
I have been testing this out on PTR for a while now and when switching stats around im still seeing that mastery priority is doing more DPS then haste priority.

The elementals scale with our stats. The more haste/crit/mastery/AP we have, the more they have. They just happen to scale super well with haste.

Also like Purge said, haste hasn't overtaken mastery quite yet. And testing DPS on PTR on target dummies or anything like that is pretty inaccurate at best.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I know this is a noob question to ask, but do we use LL at 5 stacks or on CD? =X i know lol.... New to shamans.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
except at the very stat of the fight, you should always have 5 stacks anyway

but yeah, use it on CD
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Thank you very much and wonderful guide!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
So, haste > mastery at higher gear levels. And haste is more important with PE.

Does that mean, at lower gear levels Unleash Elements is still better?

Or still pick up PE because of the buff it got, and stick with mastery till higher gear?

I'm confused!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]